PDA

View Full Version : ORBX TrueEarth Great Britain Central for XP11 released

Dangerous Beans
December 16th, 2018, 10:19
https://orbxdirect.com/product/gbr-central-xp11

guzler
January 6th, 2019, 02:09
I've got a new rigg now and not sure which flight sim to install. I've got an I78700k 3.7Ghz with a 1070ti card, 16gb ram. If I was to install XP11 and buy this texture pack, would it look like this and be flyable or would it be a slide show?

The images here look stunning and would help me make a decision if it was smooth and looked like this.

Thanks

falcon409
January 6th, 2019, 04:27
I've got a new rigg now and not sure which flight sim to install. I've got an I78700k 3.7Ghz with a 1070ti card, 16gb ram. If I was to install XP11 and buy this texture pack, would it look like this and be flyable or would it be a slide show?
The images here look stunning and would help me make a decision if it was smooth and looked like this.
Thanks
I uninstalled P3D_V4.3 and went over to X-Plane 11. As you can see from my specs I have a lesser rig than what you're running and my FPS average between 25 and 30. Orbx does a nice job of optimizing their scenery to run as smoothly and FPS friendly as possible so I would have no qualms about using this on my system.

txnetcop
January 6th, 2019, 04:45
Guzler, your rig is a little higher than most I build for others and X-Plane 11 with Orbx or any of the free HD textures is not a slide show at all. I will tell you that X-Plane is not like FSX or P4d...there is a learning curve but the fight capabilities and eye-candy is simply amazing.
Ted

guzler
January 6th, 2019, 12:26
I uninstalled P3D_V4.3 and went over to X-Plane 11. As you can see from my specs I have a lesser rig than what you're running and my FPS average between 25 and 30. Orbx does a nice job of optimizing their scenery to run as smoothly and FPS friendly as possible so I would have no qualms about using this on my system.

Guzler, your rig is a little higher than most I build for others and X-Plane 11 with Orbx or any of the free HD textures is not a slide show at all. I will tell you that X-Plane is not like FSX or P4d...there is a learning curve but the fight capabilities and eye-candy is simply amazing.
Ted

Thanks guys, that's good to know. The night lighting also looks superb so I may have to delve in :)

Cheers
Neil

Dangerous Beans
January 6th, 2019, 15:22
I'm running a 7700k and a non ti 1070 in VR with the Oculus Rift and I have no problems with frame rate so you should have no problems either.

guzler
January 7th, 2019, 12:45
I'm running a 7700k and a non ti 1070 in VR with the Oculus Rift and I have no problems with frame rate so you should have no problems either.

Excellent, thanks :)