PDA

View Full Version : At a loss for want

OleBoy
February 19th, 2009, 16:29
Hi folks. I must say, this is a place to get lost in. I've heard so many things in the past year where others thought I should join and become part of the community. A year ago it was much easier. I should have took the plunge and learned to grow with some place then. Being new and frugal, I read a lot instead. Now when I want to jump in with both feet, I am laid off and lacking funds to start. I have downloaded almost all the freeware I can find. I enjoy it.

Today I have way too much time on my hands. My only purchase has been a plane from blutwerks. That was last week. Today I am unemployed

OleBoy

Willy
February 19th, 2009, 17:05
Welcome to SOH. :ernae:

There's a lot of freeware out there that is the equal to or better than some payware. I highly recommend anything by Milton Shupe, Bill Lyons or Lionheart (he does do some freeware).

Willy

LouP
February 19th, 2009, 17:09
Welcome and sorry about work. There'll always be another job so enjoy the time. :welcome:

LouP

Curtis P40
February 19th, 2009, 17:37
:wavey:Welcome to the SOH, and welcome to the unemployed :faint:I find myself spending alot of time here and "flying" around. Haven't had my fill yet. Section 8's F-86 is mighty nice along with anything from Mr. Shupe. I've been enjoying my time off, soo far.
Curt

aeromed202
February 19th, 2009, 20:52
The wife has been off for awhile too but she's done lots of house stuff that needed doing so it's not been all bad. Hang in there.
On a more enjoyable note don't overlook some high FPS cloud sets, nicer water, and some good mesh by Justin Tyme-all here or at flightsim.com or Avsim.com and free-to give your sim a face lift :woot:

Buddha13
February 20th, 2009, 13:42
Hi and welcome.
Try not to worry too much about work.Something will come along.Easy to say I know,But my wife was made redundant 3 times in the last 12 months.finally got a job that seems a bit more safe.If there is such a thing.
Enjoy FS9 and the virtual freedom it gives you.

Buddha13

OleBoy
February 20th, 2009, 16:28
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'm in the process of looking at avsim and flightsim for scenery and such. I need to enhance as much as I can to better the experience. I've been had the fs2004 installed for almost a year with not much time to enjoy or enrich the aesthetics. Anything else that can be suggested I'll look into.

Next time I see my boss I'll :173go1: shake his hand

OBIO
February 20th, 2009, 19:42
Rhumbafloppy uploaded a set of LOD5 and LOD7 meshes that cover the entire world (or nearly all of it) and are vast improvements over the stock world mesh. The files can be found in the CFS2 scenery library...and don't worry...the files have been tested and found to work flawlessly in CFS2, FS2004 and FSX.

OBIO