PDA

View Full Version : Matching WBS P-51 models, if that's possible

SSI01
November 3rd, 2018, 10:03
Before I go and do something maybe I shouldn't be doing, I need to check with knowledgeable folks and find out if there is a way to match folder names/models between two installations, that is, two different versions, of the Warbirdsim P-51 stable.

I have in my installation the following P-51D folders:

Warbirdsim_P-51D_Little_Friends - has models "Baby Duck," "Big Beautiful Doll," and "The Millie G"
Warbirdsim_P-51D_Little_Friends _II - has models "Cripes A' Mighty 3rd, "Lou IV," and "The Comet"
Warbirdsim_P-51D_Little_Friends_III - has model "The Enchantress"
Warbirdsim_P-51D_Restored - has models "FF-704," "Fragile But Agile," "HJGB," "It's About Time," "Lil Margaret," and "Moose"
Warbirdsim_P-51D_Restored_II - has models "Jumpin Jacques," and "NACA 127"

I'm trying to determine if repaints of other Warbirdsim P-51s are usable in these folders. The repaint models I'm running across are "Geraldine," "P-51K," "DG," "VLR," "FBA," "3," "Butch Baby," and "IAT," among others. Is there a way of determining which models in the folders I've mentioned above correspond to others in repaints I'm finding on the web? That is, if this is OK?

Butcherbird17
November 3rd, 2018, 13:06
All the paints will work with the correct cfg edits. In some cases though the drop tanks/bombs might not match the model being depicted.
So as long as you don't use them when your flying you will be alright. You can fix this if you have the paint kit and a little time.

Joe

SSI01
November 3rd, 2018, 13:57
OK, thanks!