PDA

View Full Version : Having some issues.. 🙄

Quicksand
October 16th, 2018, 17:08
Don't be too hard on me guys. I know enough about computers to be able to download and add onto sims. The rest is a mystery to me as I don't have much time to invest these days. My problem is that when I installed P3Dv4 I committed the cardinal sin of installing it on my C drive. Bad mistake. . I'm out of space on that drive. Can I move my sim to another drive manually, or will I need to start over and reinstall on the other drive, which is practically empty. Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

modelr
October 16th, 2018, 18:18
Best would be to uninstall and reinstall. There are a lot of files in odd places pointing to others, that will be wrong if you just move them.

StormILM
October 16th, 2018, 19:59
Yep, you're going to have to uninstall then reinstall to a different drive. I run 3 drives, two 1tb SSD's and one 2tb HDD (the latter for storage of large files I need quick access to on the PC). That being noted, I have one of the two SSD's with my OS on it and one only for my Sim's, P3Dv4 and DCS. It makes a world of difference in overall performance. My Sim SSD is a Samsung 860 EVO and it's data performance is plenty fast enough to P3D and similar programs and it is very easy to install and assign that drive.

blanston12
October 16th, 2018, 20:00
If you are going to re-install you may want to delete the folder

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Which is where most of the settings files are located so you get a completely clean install.

Quicksand
October 18th, 2018, 06:01
Thanks for all of your input, guys. Much appreciated. It's going to be the weekend before I'm going to be able to proceed.