PDA

View Full Version : XP-54 texture question

SSI01
October 6th, 2018, 13:52
I've got all of Milton's excellent XP-54 series on the machine and all textures are displaying correctly save one:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64079&stc=1

It's supposed to be displaying the plain metal texture but I get this instead. Gotta be something I'm doing. Here's the .cfg entry:

title = Vultee XP-54 plain metal
sim =xp54
model =milbump
panel =mil
sound = Chrysler
texture =XP54 plain metal
kb_checklists =
kb_reference =Readme
atc_id =11210
atc_model =XP-54
atc_parking_codes =USAAF
atc_parking_types =MIL_COMBAT
atc_airline =US Army Air Force
atc_flight_number =TEST
ui_createdby ="Milton Shupe"
ui_typerole ="Prototype Fighter"
ui_manufacturer =Vultee
ui_type =XP-54
ui_variation =Military 11210
description =The Vultee XP-54 Swoose Goose was a prototype fighter built by the Vultee Aircraft Company for the United States Army Air Forces. Flight tests of the first prototype, 41-1210, began on January 15, 1943 at Muroc Dry Lake, California.
visual_damage =0

Am I using the incorrect model?

falcon409
October 6th, 2018, 14:43
Somehow your livery is displaying the wireframe of the the model. . .were you using that to do the livery and failed to turn it off. Very odd!

SSI01
October 6th, 2018, 17:16
I figured that was what I was seeing. If I could figure out how I did that I'd be able to tell you - I think. Would it help if I were able to somehow show what's in the texture folder?

EDIT: Just opened up a few files using DXT.BMP. The fuselage_t.dds file in the "texture.xp54 plain metal" file is in 2048X2048; the .bump and .spec files in the "texture.common" file are in 4096. If I'm guessing its function properly the "texture.cfg" file in the "texture.xp54 plain metal" folder should allow for the two to work together.

I just put the plain metal texture folder into the aircraft folder and made the necessary addition to the .cfg file. Still trying to figure out how this happened.

Milton Shupe
October 7th, 2018, 17:34
Seems to me you must be running a test/beta version.
The only set that uses the milbump model is the _00 set.
Here is a screenshot of what my aircraft.cfg [fltsim.00] looks like.
Compare to yours.

MrZippy
October 8th, 2018, 04:07
Definitely a shiny metal surface!