February 18th, 2009, 15:11
http://www.flightsim.com/main/feature/question.htm

David :wave:

harleyman
February 18th, 2009, 15:40
I wanna fly that.....As long as seat 2A holds it down....LOL :ernae:

Major_Spittle
February 18th, 2009, 15:44
I could have looped the 737, buzzed the tower, landed the beastie down the center line, and then spun cookies in the grass with all my experience with a 737 in FSX. :woot:

I will raise my hand too. :ernae:

Dangerous Beans
February 18th, 2009, 16:09
I dont know about a tubeliner unless it was a B377 then maybe if no one else put there hand up first.

If I was the pasenger in a GA plane then yes I think I could pull it off OK, it might not be 100% by the book but I think it would still be flyable again afterwards :D

war.ace
February 18th, 2009, 16:41
I think I can do it...as long as I fly it IFR I think I'll be fine, I'm still not sure how to make approaches by myself...

Wittpilot
February 18th, 2009, 16:51
It would be a tremendous experience.... I would love to be thrown into the simulator like that....

limjack
February 18th, 2009, 17:02
I would love the chance as long as I have a PAUSE button. Always thought of it and the family thinks I could but when it comes down too it....NOT...propbably to many little things I would forget to do and then you know the rest of the story.:gameoff:

Jim
Jim

cheezyflier
February 18th, 2009, 19:10
no, i don't think i could. maybe a 182 i could land on a good day without dying but i ain't makin no promises on the condition of the plane when i was done.

actually, today i panthered the 208 comin into kilg. i broke the nose gear

Marlin
February 19th, 2009, 00:06
I want that simulator at my place, drool.

guzler
February 19th, 2009, 00:59
I would love the chance as long as I have a PAUSE button. Always thought of it and the family thinks I could but when it comes down too it....NOT...propbably to many little things I would forget to do and then you know the rest of the story.:gameoff:

Jim
Jim

Yeh, press 'pause' then go and get a beer before the flare, ahh the luxury of home simming !!!!

stiz
February 19th, 2009, 01:59
if it was anything after 1915 and before 1945 i could, other than that i wouldnt have a clue

jmig
February 19th, 2009, 04:55
It is still different when your butt is really on the line. However, he sweated enough in the beginning to get a good idea of what it can be like in the air.

He did well.

I would have crashed, I am sure.

datter
February 19th, 2009, 05:24
I maintain that I could land a 737 on your back. In the rain.

Bjoern
February 19th, 2009, 06:00
Theoretically, I could.

But then again, it's not a CRJ. :d

Cazzie
February 19th, 2009, 06:32
Guys, my brother is Wing Commander for the local CAP and a member here when he shows himself. He tries to teach me the ins and outs of instrument flying and real auto-pilot flying. Bores the sin out of me!

I am just a stick and go guy, I guess. I am beginning to like jets with the Section8 Sabre and Aerosoft's F-16C. But tubes and multi-engined aircraft have never appealed to me (I do love the Mossie and P-38 though). And y'all know I like 'em low and slow and a lot of low and slow aircraft have been released for FSX, which is just fine with me.

But I think I could do that after doing some siminars with a big old tube in FSX or FS9. The fellows that fly tubes in our favorite sims take these things seriously and learn all the controls and ins and outs. My hats off to them. I only have time for pleasure flying in virsual space, so I plan something that is an hour at maximum. Go somewhere I've always wanted to go, experience the vista and the magic of what the ACES team and all the aircraft and scenery developers have given us over the years. It is simply amazing that in such a short span from FS5 to FSX, just how "real" flying on a computer can be. I had to wait six decades to live my childhood dream, that of flight at anytime I choose, over any airspace I choose, anywhere on God's green earth and blue oceans. I am so in awe, I am ready for a flight right now! "Listen", a plane just flew over my head. I have to fly now! :ernae:

Caz

Arkycharlie
February 19th, 2009, 11:12
Twenty or so years ago, I had the awsome experience of flying a C-130 simulator at Little Rock Airforce Base (the main C-130 flight training facility for the US Military) on 3 or 4 occasions. For a flying nut like me, it was an unforgettable experience. At the time, I was working on my Private Pilot license, so I could at least land a C-152. Taking off was pretty simple in a lightly loaded aircraft. My friend who was with me each time had 30 years of real flying experience and owned a Cherokee 180. On one occasion, we each tried landing the aircraft to see if we could get it on the ground in one piece. I bounced pretty badly, but did no "damage" and was probably not much worse than a beginner Airforce C-130 student pilot. My friend crashed on his try. I never let him live it down.

Major_Spittle
February 19th, 2009, 11:41
I think the REAL question here is, "could a real 737 pilot land an FSX 737 if you passed out at your computer from too many beers?". I say no chance in hell. :173go1:

Shylock
February 19th, 2009, 14:02
I think the REAL question here is, "could a real 737 pilot land an FSX 737 if you passed out at your computer from too many beers?". I say no chance in hell. :173go1:
hahaha best response by far lol

limjack
February 19th, 2009, 14:07

Nice Mr. Spittle:applause::applause::applause::costumes: