PDA

View Full Version : Christmas twice over!

warchild
September 26th, 2018, 08:20
Thats right :).. Next monday is Christmas for me. Two very big things are happening that i'm completely thrilled about. The first will be finally getting my Aerostar for XP11. It's a PA-601 so it's a full on Piper and has none of the otiginal parts and design to it that the PA-60 had, but i've been wanting an Aerostar for years, and will finally have it.
https://store.x-plane.org/Aerostar-601P_p_837.html

The second big thing is that I order the case for my new computer build. It'll be based around a Thermaltake Core X-9, an Asus Mobo, 1000 watt Power supply and finally in February, a Ryzen 7-2800 CPU. I'll also be upgrading half my ram so it will all be running at 3200 Mhz. I should be able to run X-plane, make videos do almost anything i can think of.. Yup. It's christmas.. I cant wait :D

MrZippy
September 27th, 2018, 08:14
Merry Xmas, Pam and happy Festavus for the restofus:dizzy:

Penzoil3
September 27th, 2018, 11:36
Woo hoo, get out the Festivus pole !
Great news.
Sue

Bjoern
September 28th, 2018, 10:06
Once I am debt free next year, I'mma upgrade the living daylights out of my rig.

warchild
September 28th, 2018, 14:47
Once I am debt free next year, I'mma upgrade the living daylights out of my rig.

Hope youll take pic's to share.. would love too see it.. If my case isnt too big ( and I worry it might be ) I'm gonna have a platform built for the top of it for a footstool.. :)

MrZippy
September 28th, 2018, 15:34
Woo hoo, get out the Festivus pole !
Great news.
Sue

Got the pole! What comes first, airing of greivences or feats of strength?

Bjoern
September 29th, 2018, 07:45
Hope youll take pic's to share.. would love too see it.. If my case isnt too big ( and I worry it might be ) I'm gonna have a platform built for the top of it for a footstool.. :)

It won't make that much difference visually (maybe more autogen) as I'm going to concentrate on CPU and RAM. My GTX1060 (factory OC) will stay for quite a bit.
Technically, I won't even have to upgrade my OC'ed 4670K as it still runs fine, but you may never know when you might need the boost...