PDA

View Full Version : Looking for beta testers

euroastar350
August 28th, 2018, 19:50
Attention all,

I am looking for beta testers. I am in the process of releasing this beauty really soon and I need people that will look for any flaws and issues before releasing this. Before anybody ask, this is for FSX Acceleration, FSX Steam Edition and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V1-4 only. Sorry FS2004 users, but 320,000+ polygons simply will not cut it and it'll make the sim lag in framerates big time with the many texture sheets assigned to this model. If anyone is interested, please let me know and I'll setup a link for download. There is no paintkit for this bird, so only one livery will be included.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=63140&stc=1

Flyboy208
August 28th, 2018, 20:24
Hi George , I would love to test out this Trislander. Have spent some time among them in The Bahamas in the late 80's and have flown The FSX Flight One Islander quite a bit. As well as being a R/W pilot. Mike :wavey:

AussieMan
August 29th, 2018, 04:18
​I'm willing to give it a try.

MrZippy
August 29th, 2018, 04:24
I'm a sucker for anything with wings and at least one motor!:wavey:

nagpaw
August 29th, 2018, 05:40
She looks beautiful! Sign me up.

Dev One
August 29th, 2018, 10:36
Me too - I'm always looking & meddling!
Keith

aspen31
August 29th, 2018, 17:23
Hello
I would be interested as well
Thanks
Warren

herorok
August 29th, 2018, 17:47
​I'm willing to give it a try. Sign me up.

PeteHam
August 29th, 2018, 18:10
Although my time is limited, I'd love to give a helping hand to check this beauty out.

It would make a change from flying a Stearman in real life.

Pete.

Milton Shupe
August 30th, 2018, 08:07
George,

I have plenty of time on my hands and would be happy to assist in wringing this one out.
Looks like another excellent effort on your part.

Milton

thefrog
August 30th, 2018, 09:02
I’d be very interested to try the Tri!

viper1977
August 30th, 2018, 12:31
Sign me up I’ll give her a try

fsafranek
August 30th, 2018, 13:19
Hi. Sent you a PM yesterday. Looks like a nice plane.
:ernaehrung004:

euroastar350
August 30th, 2018, 14:54
Thank you all for the responses, I haven't had the chance to check my PMs just yet. Give me a couple days to sort out a test build and I'll get back to everyone.

euroastar350
September 3rd, 2018, 04:14
Ok everyone,

How many of you use facebook? I know I have a number of you guys here as friends there and that's where I have many of my testing sessions for my aircraft. Now I know some don't use it and that's quite understandable, but I use it to keep in touch with friends, family and beta testing in real time. I am ready to release the Trislander beta and I would prefer using facebook to track all responses during the beta period, but if anyone wishes to use email, I can do that as well, but will take longer for me to respond to every message. Let me know and I'll start setting everything up for the first release.

AussieMan
September 3rd, 2018, 05:05
I use Facebook. I am there as Patrick Cox and my profile pic is me sitting in a helicopter with a navy coloured firefighter shirt with an RFS badge on the upper arm and yellow trousers. It may also have a sticker at the bottom of the photo saying I support farmers. Just send a friend request saying you are from SOH and I will add you.

euroastar350
September 3rd, 2018, 05:40
I use Facebook. I am there as Patrick Cox and my profile pic is me sitting in a helicopter with a navy coloured firefighter shirt with an RFS badge on the upper arm and yellow trousers. It may also have a sticker at the bottom of the photo saying I support farmers. Just send a friend request saying you are from SOH and I will add you.

I have you as a friend Pat, you'll see my latest Trislander post there ;)

Dev One
September 3rd, 2018, 05:44
Sorry not on Facebook, I have PM'ed you with my e-mail address.
Keith

fsafranek
September 3rd, 2018, 07:11
On facebook and already "friend" of the Trislander page.
:ernaehrung004:

MrZippy
September 3rd, 2018, 07:55
Sorry not on Facebook, I have PM'ed you with my e-mail address.
Keith

Me too! Not on Faceplant!

DennyA
September 3rd, 2018, 12:19
Chronic Facebook user here. Sent you a PM with the actual address of my profile. (Don't mind posting who I am here, but I don't want Spam harvesters picking up the link from a public post!)

MrZippy
September 3rd, 2018, 13:15
Chronic Facebook user here. Sent you a PM with the actual address of my profile. (Don't mind posting who I am here, but I don't want Spam harvesters picking up the link from a public post!)

No problem with that! All your info and any friends on Faceplant has been sold a while ago.

euroastar350
September 3rd, 2018, 15:56
Beta has been released. For those that don't use facebook, here is the link.

"Gentlemen,

Presenting the very first Trislander beta and is still considered a work in progress. I've included models with setups for the freeware GNS/GTX, freeware Bendix radios and of course the Aspen EFD1000/Flight1 GTN750 gauges. There are a few notes I'm adding to this, hopefully these can be rectified as we move along with testing:

1.) Contacts are off for gear compression. They are animated, but I can't figure out for the life of me what to adjust to make them compress realistically as in the real world bird.

2.) Weight and balance may be off as this requires some bit of trim to get the aircraft off the ground

I do have a couple of real world Trislander drivers on board testing the aircraft and I have included his notes that can help with the project.

Not all virtual cockpits are the same and have the same functions, those will be rectified as we move along with this project. You may notice a missing gauge(s), glass reflections, pilot figure in the virtual cockpit. No worries as this is a beta after all and those will be fixed as we move along. Of course if there is anything out of place that needs my attention, do let me know so they can be fixed.

Now to start the aircraft:

1.) Switch guard up, then master battery on

2.) Prop levers forward and mixtures knobs in

3.) Overhead fuel selectors as follows
a.) Left selector set to "Left"
b.) Right selector set to "Right"
c.) Rear selector set to "Both"

4.) Fuel pump switches on

5.) 6 magneto switches on

6.) Depress starter buttons to engage starters. They will disengage once engine starts

7.) Generator switches on. These are next to battery switch

8.) Avionics switch on

Of course if anyone has issues getting Joey to start, let me know and I'll help get it sorted

Do enjoy and I look forward to your feedback

My email is euroastar350 "AT" gmail dot com

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5iqe585o2qllkhd/JoeyX.rar?dl=0 "

MrZippy
September 4th, 2018, 06:07
Sent you an email about my under-powered computer. Sure looked like a great aircraft to fly. Wishing you much success!:ernaehrung004:

PeteHam
September 4th, 2018, 14:45
I'm out of action for now.

On Monday I had the dreaded 'blue screen of death' happen twice, and now my computer won't start.

As we say down here .... "BUGGA".

I'll let you know when I'm back up and running.

Pete.