PDA

View Full Version : Hi All... Im back.

ejoiner
August 26th, 2018, 11:39
I all. between work and a long deviation into XP11, I went ahead and finally purchased P3D 4.3 last night. Now trying to get it set up. Am somewhat annoyed that I cannot for the life of me get it to recognize my Saitek X-55 Throttle. Sees the stick just fine. but even when I assign the Z axis to the throttle, it doesnt work in the sim. (and I dont have it duplicately assigned to the stick btw). When I try to calibrate the throttle, I can see sliders move in the sim interface, but its X and Y sliders. Not "throttle". Is there some trick to getting this HOTAS set up working? Works fine in XP11 so its not hardware as far as I know.

Thanks
Eric

Sundog
August 26th, 2018, 14:40
I use a HOTAS Warthog system and have mine setup through FSUIPC. If you have that, you can probably set up your X-55 in there.

Priller
August 26th, 2018, 22:01
Hello Eric,

I found this on the Prepar forums:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=123094

More precisely:

In the controller setup within P3D, you actually see two entries for the stick in the Controller Type dropdown? When I installed mine I had a separate entry for the stick and throttle but the throttle axis' and button settings defaulted to that of a stick. I just needed to reassign the axis and buttons to my preferences.

Hope this helps!

Priller

Naismith
August 26th, 2018, 23:47
Under Controls/Other set Input Method to DirectInput.

I had non recognition under the default Raw Input. Fixed with the change. I use a VKB system on controllers which is my only collusion with the Russians. :encouragement:

ejoiner
August 27th, 2018, 07:09
Hello Eric,

I found this on the Prepar forums:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=123094

More precisely:

In the controller setup within P3D, you actually see two entries for the stick in the Controller Type dropdown? When I installed mine I had a separate entry for the stick and throttle but the throttle axis' and button settings defaulted to that of a stick. I just needed to reassign the axis and buttons to my preferences.

Hope this helps!

Priller

Hi. P3Dv4 does see and recognize the Stick and throttle separately. I have assigned X and Y and Rz axis to the stick. (aileron, elevator and rudder respectively). Throttle only has the throttle only has the Z axis assigned. Normally this is all you have to do. However, P3D doesnt see the throttle when flying. below is an image of the calibration screen on the throttle. It shows the split throttle on the X-55 as X and Y axis. Moving the throttle does move the sliders in calibration... but BACKWARDS. So this is frustrating.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=63064&stc=1

Priller
August 27th, 2018, 07:47
Hi Eric,

The only other thing that I can suggest is first deleting the calibration altogether, closing the sim starting up again and starting all over.

If nothing helps => Prepar forums!!

Hope you get this sorted!

Priller

StormILM
August 27th, 2018, 08:21
I have the newer X-56 and it's running fine. If you haven't already, I would suggest obtaining the latest drivers from Logitech, (delete the old drivers) and install the current ones. I had to get used to the interface with P3Dv4 and had to do a lot of hoop jumps setting up everything but once done, it's run smoothly.