PDA

View Full Version : Scenery project problem, compile error

Corvette99
August 25th, 2018, 06:35
I am trying to update KNIP , Jacksonville NAS in P3Dv4, scenery folder 0302, file 26210. I wanted to remove the default objects and replace with different ones but every time I try to compile I get this error;
"
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2033: XML Parse Error (line, column, error)

ERROR: 5532, 34, '-4' violates enumeration constraint of 'GPS ILS LDA LOCALIZER LOCALIZER_BACKCOURSE NDB NDBDME RNAV SDF TACAN VOR VORDME'.

The attribute 'type' with value '-4' failed to parse.

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2950: Invalid APPROACH tag (-4).
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2031: Failed element parse <Approach>
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:"
There's more but I"m thinking this is the part that's restricting me. Any ideas ? Can I "fix" the approach issue ?
I can post the whole error message if needed. This bugger has become a challenge but I need some advice here.
Thanks in advance! Scott "Pappy"

Manschy
August 25th, 2018, 07:42
Hi Scott,

please discribe how you want to modify your project. Which programme are you using, where do you want to change the files?
That's important, because
a) unfinished compiling can cause errors
b) uncompatible programmes can cause errors too.

So my first suggestions (I don't own NA so far, but EU. But steps should work the same...)
- Search the airport objects folder of KNIP in
LM/P3Dv4/ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_NA_05_SCENERY (I assume that direction because of the similar structure for EU).
- Scroll down, you should find a file called FTX_NA_KNIP_objects.bgl

Disable this for example to FTX_NA_KNIP_objects.XXX. This should disperse all KNIP objects WITHOUT hard work on the AFCAD file, for example with Airport Design Editor.

Now you should have a clean KNIP ground that you can rework with ADE in case you are familiar with.
Even better is to work with SIMDIRECTOR included in the P3Dv4, but this is what I am not familiar with. But there is a great video tutorial how to create your custom airfield:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=Vp4KOb2FDhs

Following these steps, you hopefully will get success.
Hope this helps, please let us know about it...

Corvette99
August 25th, 2018, 09:28
Thanks , but after a few tries of different things I think this one is above my abilities and therefore dead.

falcon409
August 25th, 2018, 09:48
Thanks , but after a few tries of different things I think this one is above my abilities and therefore dead.
You never mentioned what program you're using to do all this with. If you are using ADE, removing the default objects is quite simple. . .basically mouse clicks and hit the "delete" key. Adding in new objects can be done through ADE or Instant Scenery (IS only if you have a version that works with earlier P3D versions).

SimDirector was also mentioned but I have no idea how that works.

Corvette99
August 25th, 2018, 09:53
You never mentioned what program you're using to do all this with. If you are using ADE, removing the default objects is quite simple. . .basically mouse clicks and hit the "delete" key. Adding in new objects can be done through ADE or Instant Scenery (IS only if you have a version that works with earlier P3D versions).

SimDirector was also mentioned but I have no idea how that works.
Yes sir. I did that, the problem is I can't save or compile it afterwards. Thank you though.

Manschy
August 25th, 2018, 10:14

No, no. The internet give you lots of hints, suggestions and tutorials to solve most problems :applause: . You don't want to develop your own flightsim world immediately though. But for each small steps to change, improve or add something I am sure you will get success. It's on you how much interest you have in this. Give it a go!

mpni
August 25th, 2018, 10:14
Hi Corvette I opened in stock airport KNIP with ADE in mode P3Dv4 and I tried to compile it :=> same result as you. As the message said, there is a problem with ILS. When I edit Lists/navaids, it is impossible to delete one or more of them. Michel

Corvette99
August 25th, 2018, 10:57
Hi Corvette I opened in stock airport KNIP with ADE in mode P3Dv4 and I tried to compile it :=> same result as you. As the message said, there is a problem with ILS. When I edit Lists/navaids, it is impossible to delete one or more of them. MichelThank you Sir ! Glad it's not just me ! LOL

roger-wilco-66
August 25th, 2018, 10:58
You can not delete default nav radio stations with ADE(x). You only can alter them, e.g. name or frequency.
They are referenced in the scenery with a GUID which resides in a default BGL and there is no function in the sim that allows their exclusion. You could probably eliminate them in the BGL, but then your sim config would be off the standard.

Cheers,
Mark

Corvette99
August 25th, 2018, 11:29
You can not delete default nav radio stations with ADE(x). You only can alter them, e.g. name or frequency.
They are referenced in the scenery with a GUID which resides in a default BGL and there is no function in the sim that allows their exclusion. You could probably eliminate them in the BGL, but then your sim config would be off the standard.

Cheers,
Mark
Thanks Mark, but didn't try to change names or frequency. It was like that already. Seems to be a bug, as confirmed by mpni above.

ananda
August 25th, 2018, 11:49
You can delete all approaches and compile.

You can then add your own approaches.

Corvette99
August 25th, 2018, 12:07
You can delete all approaches and compile.

You can then add your own approaches.
I appreciate the suggestion, but most of these solutions I don't even know what it means, let alone how to do it. I can delete and place objects , that's about it. Thank you very much though.