PDA

View Full Version : NOTAM: SOH is moving, there will be a significant downtime

roger-wilco-66
August 23rd, 2018, 00:04
Our hosting company was purchased by Rackspace last year. They are closing the data center that houses our server and moving the servers to another location 15 miles way.

The move date is November 4th, 2018 .

There will be significant downtime on both servers at the same time.

Posted by Dangerous Dave. Once Novemebr 4th arrives, this explains why SOH will be unreachable.

Cheers,
Mark

paiken
August 23rd, 2018, 05:07
I'm feeling withdrawl symptoms already. SOH is my first stop of the day! Fingers crossed for a smooth crossover.

Navy Chief
August 23rd, 2018, 07:09
GASP!! :pop4: Just kidding! Thanks for the heads up! NC

Mach3DS
August 23rd, 2018, 08:27
I mentioned this over in the FSX side, but SOH should open a Discord Server....it's free, and would be a great way to communicate during outages. Food for thought.

wombat666
August 23rd, 2018, 09:00
The move date is September 22, 2018 0:00 to 08:00 Central Time.
Even if it spins out for more than 8 hours it is not that bad and maintenance must be performed.
:encouragement:

Navy Chief
August 23rd, 2018, 09:09
I mentioned this over in the FSX side, but SOH should open a Discord Server....it's free, and would be a great way to communicate during outages. Food for thought.

Have never used Discord, but know of it. Sounds like a good idea...NC

Tako_Kichi
August 24th, 2018, 07:28
SOH has had a TeamSpeak server (similar to Discord) for many years but unfortunately it is installed on the same server as the flight sim multiplayer installs so it will all go down at the same time.

Mach3DS
August 24th, 2018, 07:42
Discord is hosted through discord. In the cloud. There's nothing you need other than members and an invite link. It can do voice and text. I mostly use text. My squad uses discord. And honestly many many many places use discord. It's available in your phone and desktop equally well.

roger-wilco-66
August 24th, 2018, 09:13
Discord is hosted through discord. In the cloud. There's nothing you need other than members and an invite link. It can do voice and text. I mostly use text. My squad uses discord. And honestly many many many places use discord. It's available in your phone and desktop equally well.

Good suggestion, in my opinion. I'll put that up for discussion with the staff / admins.

Cheers,
Mark

roger-wilco-66
September 19th, 2018, 20:48
Update! The move was re-scheduled to October 14th! I changed the opening post accordingly.

Cheers,
Mark

roger-wilco-66
October 13th, 2018, 11:10
Update! The move was re-scheduled to November 4th! I changed the opening post accordingly.

Cheers,
Mark

stovall
November 4th, 2018, 07:00
Transfer complete, all went flawlessly.

roger-wilco-66
November 4th, 2018, 20:41
Transfer complete, all went flawlessly.

Thanks for stepping in, Tom.
And thanks to the crew who amde it possible!

Cheers,
Mark