PDA

View Full Version : The Tweet is back!

SiR_RiPPER
August 13th, 2018, 11:28
We've been working on the T-37 for quite some time now and after a lot of hard work we can now start showing the old bird!

The Tweet is a big leap for us after the Phantom, as a lot of new technology and even more work went into this bird to simulate its systems. This technology's developement has delayed our MiG-17, but will greatly benefit it and all the other projects coming from us in the future, allowing us to continuously raise the bar with every new release!

The 3D model was scratch-built to replicate every detail of the aircraft and our texture artist has been busy at work (un)painting the model!
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=62766&stc=1

YoYo
August 13th, 2018, 12:22
Interesting choice. We have the one (or is it Dragonfly?):

http://i.imgur.com/hWX6kDDl.jpg (https://imgur.com/hWX6kDD)

SiR_RiPPER
August 13th, 2018, 12:54
Interesting choice. We have the one (or is it Dragonfly?)

No, that's the A-37 Dragonfly indeed.

Matt Wynn
August 13th, 2018, 13:20
yup A-37B in your photo YoYo with its FOD screens in place over the Intakes :)

Victory103
August 13th, 2018, 13:57
Looks great and wondering what systems were complex on this pretty basic jet trainer? Need to dig out an old Tweet checklist I got in high school from an AFJROTC teacher/former AF pilot.

SiR_RiPPER
August 13th, 2018, 15:16
Looks great and wondering what systems were complex on this pretty basic jet trainer? Need to dig out an old Tweet checklist I got in high school from an AFJROTC teacher/former AF pilot.

The cockpit itself isn't the complex part. It's what happens under the hood that makes it interesting. :)

Sundog
August 13th, 2018, 16:18
Thanks for the preview. I'm looking forward to it, as I really enjoyed flying the one originally done for FS9, at what seems eons ago. ;)

Penzoil3
August 14th, 2018, 09:15
I have a good Tweet for X plane, but really want this one for P3D !:adoration:

strykerpsg
August 14th, 2018, 16:36
You are starting to become my favorite developer.....and have my attention. I have yearned for a good Tweet in FSX and now P3D. Wow indeed. If you made an A-37 too, just beyond words to describe how nice it would be to have as well. Really digging your attention to the Cold War era jets and look forward to the MiG17 too. All will be immediate purchase for me once available.

Thank you indeed. Made my day seeing this post.

Priller
August 15th, 2018, 06:53
Up to and including P3Dv3, I was flying the old FS9 Tweet model regularly in the sim. But now that ports are not possible anymore in the v4 sim, seeing this here is just brilliant news. A sure buy for me!!

Priller

SiR_RiPPER
August 15th, 2018, 12:47
Glad to see you guys like it!

An A-37 isn't out of the question but we have some distance to cover before getting there.

warchild
August 15th, 2018, 22:18
If you dont mind my asking: Why is the A-37 out of the question??? Personally I could care less about a jet trainer. Didnt like the first tweet relkeased.. Not gonna like this one either.. Dragonfly though?? Heh. I'm a viet vet.. Love em..

Matt Wynn
August 15th, 2018, 23:40
If you dont mind my asking: Why is the A-37 out of the question??? Personally I could care less about a jet trainer. Didnt like the first tweet relkeased.. Not gonna like this one either.. Dragonfly though?? Heh. I'm a viet vet.. Love em..

An A-37 isn't out of the question Pam..... just the T-37 will form the backbone for it to be developed :encouragement:

awstub
August 16th, 2018, 04:36
From what I have been told, SWS is doing things with the T-37 that will push the FSX/P3d envelope yet again. Once they have it all sorted out, they will look hard at doing an A-37.

odourboy
August 16th, 2018, 04:43
Delivery just in time for Christmas?! :devilish:

b52bob
August 16th, 2018, 06:04
Will the sound be correct? Will we require ear plugs? Looking forward to one of my favorite aircraft.

Matt Wynn
August 16th, 2018, 07:16
Will the sound be correct? Will we require ear plugs? Looking forward to one of my favorite aircraft.

I asked this too.... "will we require a set of virtual 'cans' to be within 150ft in sim?" (I can remember the sound of the Hellenic Air Forces ones in around 2000.... I say remember... i've only just shook the tinnitus! :biggrin-new:)

falcon409
August 16th, 2018, 08:29
If not, anyone who had the original (and very well done) T-37. . .has the correct sounds.

Daveroo
August 16th, 2018, 11:27
im defiantly looking forward to this in whatever form it takes...love this plane..

Mach3DS
August 16th, 2018, 14:33
Excellent! This is one that I'm very excited for as well. Wouldn't mind trying some metal work here either. I'm hoping that PBR is introduced early enough that it might catch this one before the real texture work begins! Can't wait to fly XC with this one!

SiR_RiPPER
August 18th, 2018, 02:49
The first scheme off the line.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=62881&stc=1

dhazelgrove
August 18th, 2018, 12:39
Looking forward to getting to grips with this one.
At least you don't have to crash it onto a carrier.

DaVe

Navy Chief
August 18th, 2018, 16:06
Beautiful, Alex!

Can you put a tailhook on it? Just kidding! Pete

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=62881&stc=1

roger-wilco-66
August 18th, 2018, 22:04
That's a sure buy for me. I also dearly hope for a Dragonfly variant.

Cheers,
Mark

YoYo
August 19th, 2018, 00:16

Nice repaint! :very_drunk:

Naruto-kun
August 22nd, 2018, 00:29
Just to be a spelling Nazi, I have noticed a common word used amongst flight simmers that pushes my OCD button. Defiant vs Definite. The latter indicates certainty, the former indicates blatant, unrepentant, aggressive, violent rebellion.

jeansy
August 22nd, 2018, 05:01
regardless dragonfly or not, your releases have been top notch thus far so whenever you guys release it will be warmly welcomed

Im just glad its not another spitfire, hurricane, mustang, cessna or something thats already been flogged to death

Dimus
August 22nd, 2018, 05:38
regardless dragonfly or not, your releases have been top notch thus far so whenever you guys release it will be warmly welcomed

Im just glad its not another spitfire, hurricane, mustang, cessna or something thats already been flogged to death

Strictly speaking, it is actually a Cessna, just of a different breed. Now that I think of it, it is kind of ironic that the benign one is called the Skyhawk, while the wild one is called the Tweet!:biggrin-new:

Alex, this one is going to be a sure success, and a much needed addition to the FS world. Looking forward to it.

Matt Wynn
August 22nd, 2018, 08:09
Looking forward to it.

... I'm looking forward to 361MEA's 2002 T-37C Retirement Scheme :wiggle:

StormILM
August 23rd, 2018, 23:36
The "Flying Dog Whistle". I used to service USAF T-37's that came into our FBO and if there's a couple of things I never forgot, one was the awful screech from the intakes and the other was the mandatory Fireguard posting during the engine startups. The only jet engine I ever stood in front of that was equally as loud at idle was the RR Viper engines on the old Hawker 125 Jets. Even with ear plugs, I know I still suffered hearing loss from them based on my hearing checkups after that time.

Hopefully this model will be in or around Study Sim level. Nowadays with DCS and P3Dv4, I don't use anything less. If so, it's a sure buy for me!

wombat666
August 24th, 2018, 01:44
Personally I find this underwhelming, but that's just my opinion.
:banghead:

strykerpsg
August 24th, 2018, 04:22
Personally I find this underwhelming, but that's just my opinion.
:banghead:

You're opinion noted, so why even bother to post? You find the topic or the discussion underwhelming? Just sort of a bizarre addition for a lot of excited Tweet/Dragonfly enthusiast

falcon409
August 24th, 2018, 05:00
I spent my final two years at Perrin AFB here in Sherman, Tx in the 60's and during that time worked T-37's that had a satellite maintenance unit from Sheppard AFB on our site and then a year spent TDY to Nam where I worked on the A-37 Dragonfly. I am definitely looking forward to the release of the T-37 for sure and if a Dragonfly rises from the remnants of that product. . .all the better.

docjohnson
August 24th, 2018, 06:14
When I was at Carswell AFB in the early to mid-80s, while preflighting a B-52D as a student gunner I saw my first Tweet and learned that you needed to have your headset on when one taxied past. Unique sound. When I got into flight simulation with FS2004, FSX, and then P3D; I had always wanted one since the Microsim T-37 came out. I actually got a copy (with license transfer of course) and it kinda worked in P3D, so I'm looking forward to this release.

falcon409
August 24th, 2018, 07:26
When I was at Carswell AFB in the early to mid-80s, while preflighting a B-52D as a student gunner I saw my first Tweet and learned that you needed to have your headset on when one taxied past. Unique sound. . . . . .
We were required to wear ear plugs and a headset, they were parked a good distance from our shop and so we drove up to their location. . .usually to sign off a Red-X or some other discrepancy before engine start. Even sitting inside the truck with the doors closed we had to have that ear protection on. A nasty sound for sure.

jmig
August 24th, 2018, 08:08
We were required to wear ear plugs and a headset, they were parked a good distance from our shop and so we drove up to their location. . .usually to sign off a Red-X or some other discrepancy before engine start. Even sitting inside the truck with the doors closed we had to have that ear protection on. A nasty sound for sure.

In UPT we called them 'dog whistles."

Matt Wynn
August 24th, 2018, 09:35

yeah she was known as the '6000lb Dog Whistle'..... a very apt name for the things!

StormILM
August 24th, 2018, 11:22

Yep, that was my thought even before I heard that nickname (Flying Dog Whistle). As I mentioned above, I hated standing fireguard in front of them during engine start on our FBO ramp.

SiR_RiPPER
August 24th, 2018, 12:42
I think it just tried to make you hear its name in your eardrums. Tweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Matt Wynn
August 24th, 2018, 13:34
I think it just tried to make you hear its name in your eardrums. Tweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfxewnndNQ8

that noise? :173go1:

(Sorry guys! had to do it!)