PDA

View Full Version : Where it's at

Wing_Z
February 17th, 2009, 10:53
Today's front page at AVSIM carried three dozen new files.
I couldn't help noticing that only one was not for FS2004.
The flightsim community has spoken, and keeps speaking...this is the best version of Flight Simulator that has ever been produced.
It's great to see the ongoing support for it.

Felixthreeone
February 17th, 2009, 11:06
...and you know wing z.....as terrible of a thing as microsoft has done to the Aces team.....could benefit FS9. I would rather it NOT be that way, but now the payware developers MIGHT take a second look at the FS9 platform as a viable means to make some $$$. I, nor anyone else on this site (or any other FS site, for that matter) agree with what Microsoft has done. I'm just trying to look at it from a different perspective, I guess. FSX development will advance, and the two sims together will move forward.

falcon409
February 17th, 2009, 11:34
...and you know wing z.....as terrible of a thing as microsoft has done to the Aces team.....could benefit FS9. I would rather it NOT be that way, but now the payware developers MIGHT take a second look at the FS9 platform as a viable means to make some $$$. I, nor anyone else on this site (or any other FS site, for that matter) agree with what Microsoft has done. I'm just trying to look at it from a different perspective, I guess. FSX development will advance, and the two sims together will move forward.
Good point Felix. I was making a similar point to someone on Teamspeak last evening. Basically the same thought, that with no real viable alternatives on the horizon, developers might be more apt to consider FS9 as a "could be", rather than a "has been". I have both FSX and FS9 and have been flying FS9 a lot and getting good feedback from folks that think the same way. What MS has done to the ACES folks is a real shame and I hope those folks recoup from this and continue on, but it may very well have set in motion a "backwards compatible" trend to FS9 developement.:gossip:

planejunky
February 17th, 2009, 15:20
I was looking at the Flight Replica's L-4 Grasshopper the other week, and was gutted that it's only for FSX.

I've been praying for a decent L-4 as the default one is virtually unpaintable due to the way MS did the texture mapping. I do hope they are one of those that sees the light and reworks a version for FS9, as I'd be at the front of the queue to buy it!

idancesafetydance
February 17th, 2009, 17:04
Fs9 ftw!!

Lionheart
February 17th, 2009, 19:53
God bless FS9...

:d

Bill

I dont pull my hair out as much when making things for FS2004.......