PDA

View Full Version : RE: Aircraft Initializaton failure window display

brad kaste
February 17th, 2009, 06:40
Hi All,
I didn't realize it but when I had downloaded the FDG's B-17E package (Ickie's Christmas gift) that there were flight missions that were part of the package. Trying out the missions for the first time yesterday,...I always get this window after clicking the 'fly' button.
Aircraft Initialization failure
FDGv2 B-17E Flying Fortress
The mission will load up though. However, the default Cessna 172 will be subbed in the B-17E place.
So my question is: What must I do in order to not receive this message beforehand,....and the B-17 bomber will show up instead of the Cessna 172?

Terry
February 17th, 2009, 07:57
Did you change the name of the aircraft folder or the name in the aircraft.cfg file when you installed it? If so change it back or reinstall and it should work.

falcon409
February 17th, 2009, 08:07
Did you change the name of the aircraft folder or the name in the aircraft.cfg file when you installed it? If so change it back or reinstall and it should work.
Yep, also, some folks don't like auto-installers and would rather install to a sub folder then move things to where they want, if you manually installed the package that may enter into the equation as well. Auto-installers are not a form of malware or spam. . .they are your friend and make life much easier (in most cases).

dogknot
February 17th, 2009, 09:10
You didn't do anything wrong, Brad.

The "Flight" calls for the aircraft as :
[Plane.0]
Aircraft=FDGv2 B-17E Flying Fortress

The flight, as it were, doesn't care what the name of the folder is, FS looks at the title line in the aircraft.cfg :

the default 17E is
[fltsim.0]
title=FDGv2 B-17E Flying Fortress "Honi_Kuu_Okole"

You can open the Flights folder in FS, then open folder(s) "B-17E Training" or "B-17F Ferry Flights". Within these flight folders, the xxxxx.FLT can be opened with notepad (right click/open with). Scroll down to [Plane.0] and change the Aircraft= xxxxx to the corresponding aircraft.cfg title line of a B17E you do have.

Flight examples from the aircraft.cfg for the "E" that I have...that coud be used in the FLT file:
[Plane.0]
Aircraft=FDGv2 B-17E Flying Fortress "Honi_Kuu_Okole"

[Plane.0]
Aircraft=FDGv2 B-17E Flying Fortress 'Old 666'

[Plane.0]
Aircraft=FDGv2 B-17E Flying Fortress "The Daylight, LTD."

[Plane.0]
Aircraft=FDGv2 B-17E Flying Fortress "Typhoon McGoon II"

etc, etc.

You get the idea. That particular no-named E aircraft doesn't exist.

Hope that helps.

brad kaste
February 17th, 2009, 12:04
Thanks gents for your input replies. I tried dognot's advice by deleting out the 'FDGv2 B-17E Flying Fortress' within the flt. folder file, and changing it to FDGv2 B-17E Flying Fortress "Honi_Kuu_Okole" That made the difference. I've got a bit of editing to do but no big deal. It's always fun and gradifying to learn something new at the SOH FS9 forum!:ernae:

dogknot
February 17th, 2009, 13:47
Glad it worked out for ya! Happy Flying! :wavey: