PDA

View Full Version : FSPanel Studio Users!

falcon409
July 20th, 2018, 11:59
Somehow in my infinite wisdom (or lack thereof) I have done something that causes me to be unable to use "gau" or "dll" gauges for FSX aircraft. In the case of "gau" gauges they simply don't display. . .with "dll" gauges I get this. . ."attitude.dll" is an invalid file. This sounds very familiar (aka P3DV4.+ problems), but why would it extend now to FSX! Anyone else run into anything like this?

Just to head off any questions. . .Yes I do switch Sims in the "Options" menu when switching from P3D to FSX.

falcon409
July 24th, 2018, 06:06
Since this thread was one position away from entering the "dead zone" I thought I'd revive it one last time. Thus far it appears that I am the only person to ever have this problem. I also sent an e-mail to FSPS Support but that was last week and nothing has come of it.

n4gix
July 24th, 2018, 08:13
Well, good luck getting an answer. The author hasn't updated FSPS to even work with P3D by design yet, although one can hijack the FS2002 option to point to P3D.

I've not had a problem with FSX, but do see the same problem when trying to configure .gau and .dll gauges from the P3D ..\gauges or the aircraft's ..\panel folders.

Seahawk72s
July 24th, 2018, 08:48
Somehow in my infinite wisdom (or lack thereof) I have done something that causes me to be unable to use "gau" or "dll" gauges for FSX aircraft. In the case of "gau" gauges they simply don't display. . .with "dll" gauges I get this. . ."attitude.dll" is an invalid file. This sounds very familiar (aka P3DV4.+ problems), but why would it extend now to FSX! Anyone else run into anything like this?

Just to head off any questions. . .Yes I do switch Sims in the "Options" menu when switching from P3D to FSX.

When you say "they simply don't display" do you mean just in FSPS..? I have gau gauges that don't show up in FSPS but do show on the panel in FSX.

falcon409
July 24th, 2018, 15:18
When you say "they simply don't display" do you mean just in FSPS..? I have gau gauges that don't show up in FSPS but do show on the panel in FSX.
No I see them in FSPS, I can edit them, do anything I like with them in FSPS, but once in the Sim they are not there.

falcon409
July 24th, 2018, 15:20
. . . . .I've not had a problem with FSX, but do see the same problem when trying to configure .gau and .dll gauges from the P3D ..\gauges or the aircraft's ..\panel folders.
Exactly, which strikes me as a bit suspicious that the very problem with P3D gauges seems to have migrated over to the FSX side.

Mike71
July 24th, 2018, 15:39
No I see them in FSPS, I can edit them, do anything I like with them in FSPS, but once in the Sim they are not there.
Dumb question, but are they old FS98 era?

Seahawk72s
July 24th, 2018, 17:11

Do you want to send me a problem gau for me to try out..?

falcon409
July 24th, 2018, 19:13
I removed the current version of FSPanel Studio and installed the previous version, just to see if it is the program that's wonky or actually the gauges. I got the same results.

So now I'm wondering if many of my gauge files have become corrupt somehow. The fact that only "cab" files are usable reinforces that thought. "dll" and "gau" files might be susceptible to corruption where a self contain cab file might not. . .just a thought.

So "Seahawk72, rather than me sending you one. . .what if you send me your "Mooney_Bravo.gau" file. If it works for me that will reinforce the idea that it's the gauge and not the program.

Seahawk72s
July 24th, 2018, 22:09
So "Seahawk72, rather than me sending you one. . .what if you send me your "Mooney_Bravo.gau" file. If it works for me that will reinforce the idea that it's the gauge and not the program.

PM to you...

falcon409
July 25th, 2018, 03:55
Ok, your gauge file works. . .mine doesn't. Apparently my gauges, default for sure, have become corrupt somehow.

falcon409
July 25th, 2018, 06:32
I got with a friend on TeamSpeak this morning and he zipped up his default dll gauges. Those fixed my immediate problem with default gauges not displaying or even being available for use.