PDA

View Full Version : Any Add-On Traffic

harleyman
February 17th, 2009, 05:14
That will work along side with the FSX traffic?

Been trying WOAI packages and I can get them to show..But they remove all my FSX traffic,boats,ships,airport vehicles..

I do a check with a Just Flight tool that searches for NON FSX Bgl files and it always shows me the ones that I previously convertrd as not FSX bgl's.. But the converted FS9 ti FSX packages show...

So..Is there a better way or payware that will co-exhist with FSX traffic ???

Bjoern
February 17th, 2009, 07:44
Try this tool for converting the WOAI .bgl files:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37964&postcount=57

Works perfectly for me.

harleyman
February 17th, 2009, 08:44
Thanks for that..

Can you still use FSX default with addon AI and it all works?

Bjoern
February 17th, 2009, 09:17
Yessir, you can!

Dangerous Beans
February 17th, 2009, 09:19
My Traffic X http://mytraffic2004.com/mtx/
OK the models arnt quite as detailed up close as some but most of them are full FSX models and the UI give you the option to only install flight plans that include only the FSX models if you want or a mixture of both, all its flight plans are FSX ones, not FS9 ones.

guzler
February 17th, 2009, 11:23
Harleyman, not sure what you are doing, my WOAI work perfectly fine after converting them with AIFP. Have you used that to convert them ?

I disabled my default air traffic, but boats and road run as normal along side all my AI addons, WOAI, MAIW, My own created traffic using AIFP.

harleyman
February 17th, 2009, 12:24
I guess I just don't know what I'm doing.....

Yea..I sure did convert the bgl files into FSX format.....

As I said before..i tries all this sometime ago and couldn't get it to work....

Made new folders in addon scenery...Installed the packages into default(world/scenery) all to no avail......

Put them into Sim objects airplanes folder.... (Both places The one in User/FSX/ SimObjects and the one in Program files FSX ..

Beats me...I'm a hopeless cause...LOL

Oh well.......

I think MyTrafficX keeps the default FSX traffic ..

I just sold it weeks ago...OOpps... Maybe I'll buy it again.....:applause:

Dangerous Beans
February 17th, 2009, 12:36
You can keep the default traffic with MyTrafficX if you want but why leave those FPS sucking fake airlines flying when you can have lots more real world airlines flying instead.
It wont kill the boat, car and airport traffic either.

harleyman
February 17th, 2009, 12:58
You can keep the default traffic with MyTrafficX if you want but why leave those FPS sucking fake airlines flying when you can have lots more real world airlines flying instead.
It wont kill the boat, car and airport traffic either.

I heard that.... I just want to be able to try both at least..... Possibly just leave the FSX GA in fore more variety......

Been looking over the MyTrafficX 5.2 DL now...Thanks

Wiens
February 17th, 2009, 13:11
I just sold it weeks ago...OOpps... Maybe I'll buy it again.....:applause:

Mason,

I know someone who just bought My Traffic!!.......:whistle:

Oh, but it's not for sale......

D-Beans, how do you remove FSX traffic and only use My Traffic?

Kevin :d

Dangerous Beans
February 17th, 2009, 13:21
Wiens, Theres an option in the "MyTraffic Comunicator" to disable the default traffic under "Configure MyTraffic"

harleyman, I havnt found any need to leave the default GA flying, MyTraffic includes more than enough GA traffic in its flight plans.

harleyman
February 17th, 2009, 14:06
@ Kevin........... You a funny man.....HeHe :faint:

I had MyTrafficX for a short while, but honestly really never checked out all its capabalities back then....:kilroy:

Wiens
February 17th, 2009, 16:03
Mason, I'm sure you won't mind if I check out all its capabilities for you.........:typing:

Kevin

Wiens
February 17th, 2009, 16:39
Wiens, Theres an option in the "MyTraffic Comunicator" to disable the default traffic under "Configure MyTraffic"

harleyman, I havnt found any need to leave the default GA flying, MyTraffic includes more than enough GA traffic in its flight plans.

D-Beans,

Where would I find "MyTraffic Communicator"? And how would I disable the default flights? Pssstttt Don't tell him......lol (edited by me..)
Kevin

harleyman
February 17th, 2009, 18:45
Mason, I'm sure you won't mind if I check out all its capabilities for you.........:typing:

Kevin

:caked: :argue: I know where you live....LOL :friday:

guzler
February 18th, 2009, 01:26
I am feeling for you Harleyman, you needn't spend money on getting your sky full of great looking planes. You can get the GA files off the internet as someone has split them down by plane type.

From what I have seen, the Payware programs simply rename the default traffic file to traffic.bgl.bak or something to disable it, so that is all I did with mine. To re-enable it, I would simply rename it back to its original name.

Don't give up, it wil be something really simple.

harleyman
February 18th, 2009, 03:16
I agree...

Thanks to you Guzler I now can add WOAI into FSX and use it...I might just go wih that for a while.....I have all their packages in a folder already...

Then again I might get the DL of MyTrafficX while I'm at it and keep some GA active..At their web site there are people doing that with the tool thats included..

Thanks for all......

I always used Ultimate traffic in FS9 along with WOAI so I liked WOAI very much..

Now I have knowledge and understanding...Thanks:ernae:

guzler
February 18th, 2009, 09:47
I agree...

Thanks to you Guzler I now can add WOAI into FSX and use it...I might just go wih that for a while.....I have all their packages in a folder already...

Then again I might get the DL of MyTrafficX while I'm at it and keep some GA active..At their web site there are people doing that with the tool thats included..

Thanks for all......

I always used Ultimate traffic in FS9 along with WOAI so I liked WOAI very much..

Now I have knowledge and understanding...Thanks:ernae:

I took MyTrafficX off to try WOAI and never went back !

Here is a link to the default GA files broken down by aircraft type...

http://www.flightsim2004-fanatics.com/uploads/DefaultGA/Def_GA_DL.htm

harleyman
February 18th, 2009, 09:59
WOW Cool link...Thanks...I saved it and will definately play with that....:applause:

Wiens
February 18th, 2009, 19:22
D-Beans,

After several hours searching FSX and MyTraffic X, installing the FSX SDK's and updating said SDK's, I still can't find what you say I should. Could you please direct me?

Mason, leave my post alone, I'm lost on my own......lol........:typing:

Kevin :isadizzy:

harleyman
February 18th, 2009, 19:29
D-Beans,

After several hours searching FSX and MyTraffic X, installing the FSX SDK's and updating said SDK's, I still can't find what you say I should. Could you please direct me?

LOL HeHeHe....... :173go1:

guzler
February 19th, 2009, 01:15
D-Beans,

Where would I find "MyTraffic Communicator"? And how would I disable the default flights? Pssstttt Don't tell him......lol (edited by me..)
Kevin

Easiest way is to go into Scenery/World/Scenery and look for the default traffic file. Either move the file out to a safe place or rename it by adding .bak on the end or something. To reinstall, just reverse what ever you did. I have just tried to find mine and it's gone, must of got trigger happy with the delete function at some point !

Dangerous Beans
February 19th, 2009, 10:04
D-Beans,

Your going to get me in trouble for disobaing a moderator :)

harleyman
February 19th, 2009, 10:52
Hey DB's.. You have to have all the SDK's installed fot that correct? I remember something about that now.....

Great .. Good to know....:applause:

Dangerous Beans
February 19th, 2009, 10:59
I honestly dont know as I installed them as a matter of course.
I'm a habitual tweeker so any tools like that go straight on even if I dont know what they do yet :)

harleyman
February 19th, 2009, 11:37
They do not self install..You have to browse the disk and manually install them..My first FSX install I did them all, then I discovered I really would not use them ,so skipped it for future installs....

For MyTrafficX,If I remember correctly,you have to manually move something from that folder into the FSX SDK for those options to show...

Wiens
February 19th, 2009, 11:48
D-Beans,

I don't have MyTraffic Communicator, I only have MyTraffic Editor.......

Where will I find it or how do I install it?

Thanks!

Kevin

harleyman
February 19th, 2009, 13:00
Kevin...Read the manual...It does explain it somewhere if I remember correctly.....:wavey:

Read my post above this one too...

Dangerous Beans
February 19th, 2009, 13:13
harleyman, I never had to move anything manually to the SDK and I just looked and MyTraffic hasnt put anything in there itself either.

Wiens, I think that harleyman could be right and you do have to have the SDK installed to get full functionality with MyTraffic. Do you have the SDK installed ?

Also are you running XP or Vista ?
I know that when I was experimenting with Vista it done strange thing with the shortcuts on the start button and didnt add some that you would expect it to.
Have a look in your "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic" folder and see if you have a "MyTraffic_Communicator.exe" in there or not.

Wiens
February 19th, 2009, 19:17
D-Beans,

I running XP Pro, SDK and updates are installed, I've read the manual and there is no "MyTraffic_Communicator.exe" file in the MyTraffic folder.

Thanks,

Kevin

harleyman
February 20th, 2009, 02:38
Kevin...First ...

As stated...You have to match the correct FSX SDK with your Version......( which I think you have done, plus any SDK updates from M$)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/esp/cc743171.aspx Make sure you have any SP updates for the SDK too ...

Then you need to move this from Mytfaffic install...
Check the manual MyTraffic\manual\index_X.htm . You have to copy Trafficdatabasebuilder from your SDK install ( SDK SP1a or SDK SP2 or SDK AccPack or SDK SP1, but not the one from the early disks http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif ) to your MyTraffic folder. Aerosoft is not allowed to do so for you for legal reasons.

Hope this helps..If not let me know and I will get you more info...<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_105731--><!-- THE POST -->

Wiens
February 20th, 2009, 07:13
Mason,

I have the SDK installed and updated with the correct SP (Acceleration). I copied the file, read the manual and sacrified a few black crows but still no luck.........

Back to work......my real job that sometimes pays me money!

Kevin

harleyman
February 20th, 2009, 08:28
LOl @ Black Crows.....

I had lots of problems with it too..But was a long time ago and don't remember how it was fixed if it ever did get fixed...I think it did as you need it to set the year of traffic and I could do that ....:wavey:

Dangerous Beans
February 20th, 2009, 09:39
I'm out of ideas
Is the MyTraffic you have version 5.1 or 5.2 ? I have 5.2

harleyman
February 20th, 2009, 09:44
I think he has 5.1 with the b update......

But all that was avaible on the origional release of 5.1 If memory serves me....And it may not...LOL