PDA

View Full Version : ORBX scenery objects in Retro airports

Wings of Gold
July 18th, 2018, 12:02
I use ORBX FTX NA and EU, I am really pleased with their appearance, however I have a major problem with some of my Retro military airports. An example is my "RAF Waddington Vulcans 1982", by John Young. I have modern ORBX hangars and other structures appearing in the middle of the this 1982 Vulcan base. Is there any way to preclude this (other than removing the ORBX FTX)?

Best to you all,

Bill

hschuit
July 18th, 2018, 12:46
Try this:
Go to the FTX England scenery folder = .\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\Scenery
Then block out the files ADE_FTX_ENG_EGXW.bgl and FTX_ENG_EGXW_objects.bgl by renaming them to ADE_FTX_ENG_EGXW.BAK and FTX_ENG_EGXW_objects.BAK

This should disable the Orbx AFCAD and airport objects for RAF Waddington.

fsafranek
July 18th, 2018, 13:32
Very interesting information Henk.

Now is there was a way to disable those overly bright lights Orbx puts along roads where there shouldn't be any.
:ernaehrung004:

aardvark62
July 18th, 2018, 13:57
Try this:
Go to the FTX England scenery folder = .\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\Scenery
Then block out the files ADE_FTX_ENG_EGXW.bgl and FTX_ENG_EGXW_objects.bgl by renaming them to ADE_FTX_ENG_EGXW.BAK and FTX_ENG_EGXW_objects.BAK

This should disable the Orbx AFCAD and airport objects for RAF Waddington.

Hi Bill.

To avoid having any duplication in airfield layouts, you should also do the same to ADE_FTX_ENG_EGXW_CVX.bgl (so, 3 files in all)

This will work for any airfield where you have a preferred alternative.

A.

ps. to save a lot of renaming, you could just move them out to a backup folder. They are then instantly replaceable should you wish.

Wings of Gold
July 18th, 2018, 15:40
Hi Guys,

Pure Genius!! Works exactly as stated. You have both made my day. Many thanks,

Bill

jeansy
July 25th, 2018, 04:09
Very interesting information Henk.

Now is there was a way to disable those overly bright lights Orbx puts along roads where there shouldn't be any.
:ernaehrung004:

+1 i agree, they are over dominating at night and look out of place, I prefer their old method