PDA

View Full Version : Marco On The Pole For Race #1

Panther_99FS
June 2nd, 2018, 09:56
I bet "happy" is an understatement for Marco here!
http://www.imscdn.com/indycar_media/documents/2018-06-02/06-02-18%20Detroit%20GP%20qual%201%20results.pdf

b52bob
June 2nd, 2018, 13:54
Seems like Indy cars are making a bigger splash than other series (nascar self destructing, F1 is who spends the most dollars, etc.)

McClaren is meeting this weekend with Andretti to discuss a full time entry. The Indy car field is pretty level if you look at the qualification times this weekend.

wombat666
June 2nd, 2018, 22:24
The only time we get to 'hear' anything about Indycar, EffWun or MotoGP is when our Aussies win!
And of course, if there is a big incident or a death.
I refer of course to the 'Media'.
I've noticed that Indycar has a certain following among the general enthusiast population, but other than that lot and the hard core Indy groups it is still a minority.
Me, I was a rabid fanatic during the CART years until Tony George screwed the series up, then followed the Panoz series with enthusiasm until it fell over.
I just do not like the present cars, so I only keep track of the series because of the resident ANZAC drivers.
FTA networks ignore Indy and Pay TV rebroadcast the US coverage.

:monkies:

Panther_99FS
June 3rd, 2018, 10:33
Me, I was a rabid fanatic during the CART years until Tony George screwed the series up, then followed the Panoz series with enthusiasm until it fell over.
I just do not like the present cars,

The present (Dan Wheldon) cars a MUCH better than the Tony George era cars though...