PDA

View Full Version : PV-2 Harpoon Photo Help?

Duckie
May 30th, 2018, 08:16
Hi Folks. Looking for a photograph of a PV-2 in USN Air Reserve markings circa 1946 similar to the F4U1D (FG1D) Corsair repaint John Terrell did (JT's screen shot below). A B&W photo exists on the WWW. I've recently seen it but (dummy me) didn't grab it at that time thinking I could go back and get it later. Well, I've been searching literally for days using every search term my fried brain can think of, and some different search engines, but haven't been able to find it again!

If any of you good folks might have it in your resource files, or maybe know where to find it I would appreciate your consideration in sending me a copy.

Thanks

Steve

Screen Shot by John Terrell

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60714&stc=1

wellis
May 30th, 2018, 08:59
Hi Duckie,

Don't know if this is what you are thinking of, at Jetphotos.com. There are also a couple with views from the port quarter aft to give a view of the upper wing surface. The machine is at Pima.

Duckie
May 30th, 2018, 09:03
Hey Wellis,

Not those. The one I'm looking for is actually like the yellow markings on the Corsair in the screen shot. They were only painted this way for a short while (1946-47) before they went to the INTL Orange bands. The photo i'm looking for is of a period, in service bird, not a restored Poon. Thanks for the shout anyway.

Steve

wellis
May 30th, 2018, 09:23
Hey Wellis,

Not those. The one I'm looking for is actually like the yellow markings on the Corsair in the screen shot. They were only painted this way for a short while (1946-47) before they went to the INTL Orange bands. The photo i'm looking for is of a period, in service bird, not a restored Poon. Thanks for the shout anyway.

Steve

Roger that, I'll keep looking. :-)

Duckie
May 30th, 2018, 09:44
FOUND IT! It was in "my own back yard"!

Started going through my print media resources and found the photo I saw on line. Found it in my "Squadron Signal" book on the Ventura!

Thanks Wellis for helping out and to anyone else who had begun to search. Thanks to all.

Steve

Photo credit (Bowers)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60719&stc=1