PDA

View Full Version : Tips or Tricks to get FSD Cheyenne 400LS installed into FSX

RKinkor
May 5th, 2018, 08:32
As the title states I have been trying to install the FSD 400LS into FSX. One issue is that the installer wants to install to FS2004 and no where else and I don't have the time nor want to install FS2004 just to get one or 2 aircraft transferred over as they may not work anyway. Which brings up the next question, has somebody done this already and found it to be a waste of time? Would really appreciate help or advice on this as I have been missing having a 400ls on flight sim and am tired OOM errors from the huge MDL file on Carenado's Cheyenne III.

ToniJH
May 5th, 2018, 09:01
Hi, probably the issues comes with gauges. I tried once install Cheyenne and Aerostar to FSX.
I cheated the installer to think FSX folder is FS9 folder, it installed all files successfully, but when i loaded Cheyenne or Aerostar in FSX, sim crashed and the reason was the gauge file.

ian elliot
May 5th, 2018, 10:26
If you look in your FSX folder, you will find an FS9 exe ( along with an FS2002 AND 2000 exe ) copy and paste that to a new folder on your desk top, install to that, and then copy and paste any elements you wish from the new folder to your main FSX install.

RKinkor
May 5th, 2018, 14:29
Thanks Ian that worked a treat! However the visual model can not be displayed. After that though I decided to try the Aerostar and other than the VC being very dark and see through props it works just fine! Again thanks for helping!