PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Second Fleet revival

Ganter
May 5th, 2018, 04:49
An interesting read chaps - looks like Norfolk's going to be busy once again...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44014761

TARPSBird
May 5th, 2018, 10:08
Granted I've been retired from the Navy since 1992 but I never knew 2nd Fleet was disestablished - and I live right here in Norfolk.

Navy Chief
May 5th, 2018, 14:43
An interesting read chaps - looks like Norfolk's going to be busy once again...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44014761

:encouragement: NC

stansdds
May 6th, 2018, 03:49
The Second Fleet was disestablished in 2011. I'm happy to see the Second Fleet reestablished and this means more jobs for my state! :triumphant:

Victory103
May 6th, 2018, 10:16
Hope that means another air wing with recently disestablished squadrons brought back.

Roadburner440
May 12th, 2018, 10:07
Hope that means another air wing with recently disestablished squadrons brought back.

We don't have the money now or parts supply as it stands now to keep the aircraft we already have in the air. As much as I would like to see us procure new aircraft I would like to see the stuff that we have now actually work, and for them to stop wasting money on useless modifications for weapons systems that barely work and that no one uses. To be honest if they bought more aircraft I would like to see them go back to less complex dedicated mission type of aircraft like what the Navy used to have. As this multi-mission stuff is garbage. Myself still being active I am really not sure what we gain by re-establishing the second fleet? Reading the articles and such I get it is to counter the perceived Russian threat. It just seems like more red tape to go through to get a mission done. Shall see I suppose. My time in the Navy is rapidly approaching its end and I used to think the guys when I first came in were nuts talking about how much the Navy changed from the time they went in were crazy. I see now what they were going through.