I checked my settings on the bottom screen, no help

Nothing looks the way it did in the morning. no left sided icons
and whatever ?? is it just me ??

Allen
April 27th, 2018, 16:48
Looking fine for me.

No Dice
April 27th, 2018, 18:15
is this what you are seeing?? No icons, but OK when I go to a thread....
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59955&stc=1

Allen
April 27th, 2018, 18:43
I got icons. You using a ad-blocker that is acting up?

No Dice
April 28th, 2018, 06:17
Looks fine on my laptop, This XP rig just started this yesterday???

I am stumped..

Rami
April 28th, 2018, 06:19
No Dice,

When was the last time you logged out and cleaned your cookies?

No Dice
April 28th, 2018, 06:22
Let me try that Rami.................

No Dice
April 28th, 2018, 06:41
Well, no joy.....
I don't even show the SOH logo on the top of the pages, I can see every ones Avtars, but I just get words in place of
The envelopes( worded as sticky thread) and paper clips ( worded as 3 attachments (3) etc, etc.

Oh well..............

Allen
April 28th, 2018, 08:22
This from your XP? Maybe the forum has been updated and its not fully working with XP.

MaskRider
April 28th, 2018, 11:28
What browser are you using? Does it look the same in all browsers- Chrome, Internet Explorer and FireFox?

Also, if your browser is on auto-update it may be that the latest update hosed up a setting. Perhaps rolling back to the previous version will do the trick? Or re-adjusting a setting of some sort.

Of course being as you are running XP there're probably not any updates available.

MR

huub vink
April 28th, 2018, 11:50
No Dice,

Does the box in the left bottom corner say "SOH default (fluid)"? As it could be that you have switched to the "mobile format".

Cheers,
Huub

No Dice
April 28th, 2018, 11:50
Using Fire Fox on the XP, Explorer on the Win 7 laptop, Explorer does not work on XP any more.
Although it is a Newly rebuilt XP....This just started yesterday....I will try to figure out how to go
back and get rid of any updates.... This XP is the best and fastest ever though:

Friends of the Free Flight Site:

http://thefreeflightsite.com/Recircuit.jpg (https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Recircuit+XP+pro+computers&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3ARecircuit+XP+pro+computers)
Want to keep running WindowXP pro, they have them
Mine looked brand new out of the box w/a 1 TB hardrive
All preloaded and ready to go......."Big YES" from No Dice

http://thefreeflightsite.com/Links.htm

Allen
April 28th, 2018, 12:06
I'm guessing a forum software update or browser update with XP are not playing nice...

No Dice
April 28th, 2018, 12:07
No Dice,

Does the box in the left bottom corner say "SOH default (fluid)"? As it could be that you have switched to the "mobile format".

Cheers,
Huub

Yes sir, when I checked it out on my Win 7 laptop, I looked at the settings,
Fluid is on.... But thank you for helping out...this is driving me crazy.

No Dice
April 28th, 2018, 12:15
Here is a big difference, XP shows these on the bottom Left in Legends:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59980&stc=1

No Dice
April 29th, 2018, 16:40
Well, still messed up....I have no idea what to do...All of my other sites seem to work as normal....

Going crazy in Mississippi...............

The Fight Center and Quarter Moon Saloon, all show the header logos etc....

No Dice
April 30th, 2018, 05:57
Ok...I know this, It is not the Win XP...
When I use the Win Explorer on the XP, the site shows as normal, when I switch back to FireFox
there in lies the problem.... Now I just have to figure out what to do about that ??

MrZippy
April 30th, 2018, 06:20
Don't know if this will make you feel any better, but I'm running WinXP with Firefox and everything show correctly.

No Dice
April 30th, 2018, 06:23
Up till a few days ago...all was good..XP and firefox...them something changed...

Fibber
May 1st, 2018, 12:20
...have either you or your XP been sipping any of that Miss. water by the light of the full moon lately?:biggrin-new: I have XP on Firefox and it runs fine. Maybe check the Firefox version and see if it needs updating.

No Dice
May 1st, 2018, 12:36
Fibber,
Always sipping, Don't even wait for the moon..It is always noon time somewhere.......
All my other sites work fine other than the SOH forums...was working fine until a few days back,
Everything else on the computer is kicking butt and doing great...

Fibber
May 1st, 2018, 17:18
.......always 1200 hrs somewhere in the world was my moto for years! Now I have to wait to 1500 for the Happy Hours.
Anyway,,, I have Firefox 52.3.0(32bit) is that what you have? Also what about Flash Player. I just did a update this morning to a newer edition. Might want to look at that.

Devildog73
May 6th, 2018, 05:01
I'm in the same boat as NoDice. Except for now. Reply to Thread gives me the icons and imogies...

Killer Svend
May 6th, 2018, 05:42
We are faster in Denmark, we say after 10 AM
Killer Svend:redfire:

No Dice
May 6th, 2018, 05:46
Same here D Dog,
All fine in the Reply sections

No Dice
May 8th, 2018, 11:12
D Dog,
If you should find a fix.....Please let me know...

Dave

dea14u@aol.com

No Dice
May 12th, 2018, 17:43
I tried your Idea Fibber...still no go, But I will attempt it again...........

No Dice
May 16th, 2018, 11:48
Fibber,
I tried the Flash update again...still no go ??

This is driving me crazy.... I don't even get pics in the "New Downloads" section

Devildog73
May 18th, 2018, 13:00
I get the photos in new addons just fine.

Get the emojis just fine here in the reply to post section, still nothing in the regular thread section.

I just got my Windows 7X64 rig up and running, but don't want M$ updating the OS so I don't have it connected to the net.

Let me stick my portable USB adapter in it and log on here and see what it looks like under Windows 7.......

More to follow.

Lee

Devildog73
May 18th, 2018, 13:15
Fine with Chrome and Windows 7.
Fine with IE and Windows 7.

No Dice, have you tried Opera with XP?

No Dice
May 19th, 2018, 14:04
Well no and won't, seems I have everything set up thru Firefox, plus
this is the only site I have the problem on....all others are fine and as
strange as can be "My win 8 explorer" works here but on nothing else...

go figure ??

Fibber
May 19th, 2018, 15:04
... you have tried other sites this is the only this site that gives you problems? I would think that maybe you want to check your Fire Fox version and see if there are any update for the Fire Fox. Maybe when you loaded it something didn't properly take. Just a suggestion because I know this is being Captain Obvious but it seems that your FF version may be wrong.

mav
May 19th, 2018, 17:51
... you have tried other sites this is the only this site that gives you problems? I would think that maybe you want to check your Fire Fox version and see if there are any update for the Fire Fox. Maybe when you loaded it something didn't properly take. Just a suggestion because I know this is being Captain Obvious but it seems that your FF version may be wrong.

https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2017/10/04/firefox-support-for-windows-xp-and-vista/

Maybe try an earlier version.... from old version.com

Fibber
May 19th, 2018, 18:32
......go here and read these articles. They may help you figure it out.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/end-support-windows-xp-and-vista

No Dice
May 21st, 2018, 05:37
Well I reloaded Firefox and it seems to have fixed the problem, BUT at a cost...

All of my book marks were deleted for some reason, so I am having to find the sites and
re save them...what a pain.

Dave

Fibber
May 21st, 2018, 09:31
....check to make sure that FF has imported them already. They won't show up as before but look for a caption labeled "Internet Explorer". Or try to import them from IE. may save a lot of time \ trouble.