PDA

View Full Version : CFS3 Crashes to Desktop

deeeemon
February 15th, 2009, 16:39
Please ignore my previous post. I posted accidentally before I even got started (my bad!). Anyway, I fired up CFS3 for the first time in several months and after launching successfully, I hit escape right after the intro movie began and it crashed to the desktop. I had no such problem the last time I ran it. I also have OFF, Korea & MAW installed and I successfully ran each of them immediately after encountering the problem.
Any ideas???:help:

mongoose
February 15th, 2009, 17:17
I assume you tried it again and it did the same thing?

westview
February 16th, 2009, 09:09
whenever I have this problem deleting the uisel file usually helps. best of luck

deeeemon
February 17th, 2009, 08:45
In response to mongoose & westview, I have retried several times but still get ctd & the CFS3 file has no uisel (also checked documents & settings). I know I have had this problem at least once in the past and eventually resolved it but don't remember how. Any more ideas???:help:

cargomann
February 17th, 2009, 09:22
it is in your c drive application data file... microsoft... and then you will find it.
you may have an incomplete aircraft.. to check them you should install CaGen 1-1 available here at soh in the other files download section. run it and it show you... hopefully where is the problem.

dsawan
February 17th, 2009, 15:44
I too had this prob several times in past. I eliminated usiel file like above and did a disk defrag as well. But best to delete the usiel as a new one will be created. I too have several installs esp one xternal drives. Hope this helps.

deeeemon
February 18th, 2009, 20:32
In response to cargomann, I could not find CaGen 1-1 file anywhere in the OTHER section of CFS3 download files.
In response to dsawan, I do not seem to have a usiel file anywhere in my CFS3 file or in Documents and Settings.
Thanks for your responses. Is there anything else I can try???:help:

DonSPa
February 18th, 2009, 23:18
to find the uisel double click ur harddrive icon click tools/folder options/view then put a dot in the show hidden files and folders then apply then go to documents and settings/username/application data/microsoft/cfs3

deeeemon
February 23rd, 2009, 10:19
:applause:Thanks to all who answered my email about the CFS3 CTD. It did turn out to be the uisel, which I finally located thanks to your help. I deleted it and fired up CFS3 with no problems. Thanks again for everyone's help.:ernae: