PDA

View Full Version : Iris / Alphasim F-4 refuelling probe?

Flapsfull
March 31st, 2018, 06:12
Hi everyone,

a quick questions for those among you who still fly any of the above mentioned freeware Phantom variants (whether fsx/fs9 doesn't matter too much):

Does any of the two models (excluding the alphasim Air Force variants) feature the extendable refueling probe?
I mean, that you can really extend it via a keypress and if so which key would it be?

Kind regards and thanks;

Oliver

fsafranek
March 31st, 2018, 07:30
As far as I can recall they did not.
:ernaehrung004:

MrZippy
March 31st, 2018, 09:16
Hi everyone,

a quick questions for those among you who still fly any of the above mentioned freeware Phantom variants (whether fsx/fs9 doesn't matter too much):

Does any of the two models (excluding the alphasim Air Force variants) feature the extendable refueling probe?
I mean, that you can really extend it via a keypress and if so which key would it be?

Kind regards and thanks;

Oliver

The refueling probe works fine on the IRIS F-4 Phantom. Shift+E+2 does the trick.

Flapsfull
March 31st, 2018, 10:35
Hi,

wow that was quick! Thank you very much to both you, thats most helpful for me!

Kind regards,

Oliver

dhazelgrove
March 31st, 2018, 10:47
Getting it in the basket, however.....

Dave

Mike71
March 31st, 2018, 12:13
Getting it in the basket, however.....

Dave
refueling is flying formation - no big secret. In a hose/drogue system, try to keep the end of your probe in your peripheral vision, imagine putting your right shoulder (F-4) or foot (A-4) in the basket as you ease up on it. Don't stare at the basket - look at the whole tanker to keep a smooth position as you ease forward, fly up the catenary of the hose to the basket, not approaching it level.