PDA

View Full Version : Decent HUD?

PRB
February 15th, 2009, 09:26
Is there a freeware FS9 plane out there with a decent looking HUD? I need to "borrow" one for the DSB A-7E. I've been searching hi and low and haven't found anything I'm happy with.

jkcook28
February 15th, 2009, 10:36
The freeware French F-8 Crusader has one you might try.

dhazelgrove
February 15th, 2009, 11:46
The A7 only had a gunsight, didn't it?
There's a freeware HUD available at avsim - if you can get in.

Dave

PRB
February 15th, 2009, 12:02
The A-7As had only a reflected gun sight, but the A-7Es had a full fledged HUD, one of the first planes to have one, I think.

I tried the F-8 HUD, but it's too fuzzy in the VC. Most of them are I guess. AVSIM is having issues with thier library. Can't get in!

aeromed202
February 16th, 2009, 06:58
I use a very good Hornet HUD I found at Flightsim.com. The file is hudhrnt.zip in the 2004 panel section. It is a full screen HUD view without the usual panel gauges at the bottom of the screen but as such it works very well. Don't know if its what you are after but try it out.
I think you can modify the view angle to suit the aircraft too.

Wild Bill Kelso
February 16th, 2009, 08:01
I think Kirk Olsson's Viper has a nice 'dimmable' HUD with two or three brightness levels...

Motormouse
February 16th, 2009, 11:50
The one from Team Fs_Kbt in their F/A-18 series works for me

ttfn

Pete

Alain_F355
February 17th, 2009, 10:46
The one for the Coral F-15 is easy to read in vc mode.

fsafranek
February 19th, 2009, 01:06
The HUD used in the Kirk Olsson F-16 and Mirage F1 is by Eric Marciano. They can be dimmed. There is also a very nice payware one by http://www.simscape.fr/ that is designed around Kirk's F1 and F-16. It includes the ability to follow the target selected on the radar panel on the HUD as well. Very cool and recommended.

There was a free HUD from DSB (aka Iris) a couple years ago with day and night settings (DSBHUD110.zip). There was also a very complex freeware F-16 HUD by Scott Printz a while back (f-16hud.zip). And most recently I saw a new freeware HUD intended for airliners (genhud.zip).
:ernae: