PDA

View Full Version : Lanvaster +clight gauges in ETO and TOW lancs

mongoose
March 8th, 2018, 10:50
I have an unsolved issue with the mph gauge in the b_gauges_1 dds.

There are in fact 2 different versions of b_gauges_1, and the mph gauge, in different locations in the shared folder, but that is not the real issue here.

The issue is that there are also 2 versions of the b_gauges_1+clight. Now I have changed the name of all the version that doesn't go with the Lanc b_gauges_1 to b_gauges_1+clightNO. That means the ONLY version left is b_gauges_1+clight which fits the lanc b_gauges_1 version.

And yet the wrong version still comes up! I have also looked into the m3d ETO_Lan_*_Cockpit0/m3d all of which call for the same b_gauges_1.dds.:dizzy::banghead:

I don't know why having renamed a clight.dds it ids still being called for?

The one I want!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58808&stc=1

I renamed to b_gauges_1+clightNO

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58809&stc=1

Just in case I renamed all these similar files to ACC_b_gauges_1.+clightNO

MajorMagee
March 8th, 2018, 13:20
CFS3 is annoyingly good at finding files with the same name lurking anywhere in your install. I'm usually surprised at all the duplicates when I do a Windows file search at the top level of the game directory.

mongoose
March 9th, 2018, 13:05
OK I took out all the clights and just put the lanc ones, inc. the b_gauges_1.+clight.dds that fits, plus the uv light. That did the trick! However I suppose the only solution for aircraft which use the other b_gauges_1.+clight.dds version is that one or the other will have to be renamed and all the relevant m3d entries changed.:banghead:

NachtPiloten
March 9th, 2018, 13:36
OK I took out all the clights and just put the lanc ones, inc. the b_gauges_1.+clight.dds that fits, plus the uv light. That did the trick! However I suppose the only solution for aircraft which use the other b_gauges_1.+clight.dds version is that one or the other will have to be renamed and all the relevant m3d entries changed.:banghead:

Hex edit the m3d files to change the names of the dds files and then rename the files accordingly. I'll play with this later next week.