PDA

View Full Version : @Lightning - Yanco's carriers moveable?

delta_lima
February 14th, 2009, 23:10
Hello Robert,

You did a mod of the amazing Yanco-san carriers to locations in BC - which is great, by the way.

I'm curious what kind of undertaking I'd have to tackle if I wanted them in other locations - I'm thinking of Suez Canal the Mediterrenean. There being no 50's era carriers located there, and the quality of the Enterprise, Midway, etc. being as excellent as they are, they'd be great for some period carrier flying in FS9.

I'm not interested in moving the entire carrier groups, though that would be nice. Any advice you'd suggest?

thanks!

dl

Lightning
February 15th, 2009, 05:09
I didn't do the moving.
Yanco was kind enough to recompile them in those localtions for me.
I just did the Afcads and AI stuff.
You would need the source files which only Yanco has.
I originally asked him if he could compile the ships etc as EZ-Scenery objects, but he couldn't, so he did those two locations for me.

dhasdell
February 15th, 2009, 12:00
If you want a 50's carrier, there's the French Arromanches (ex_RN Colossus) off Corsica.

delta_lima
February 15th, 2009, 21:00
Fair enough Rob - thanks all the same!

Dh, yes - have that one, and that's the best fit that's "near" that area, and great quality. That one would be even better, if located closer. I guess there's Paul Clawson's World Cruise Lexington ...

btw - how's Barcelona these days? I have family in Madrid and Asturias - haven't been to Barcelona in ages ... :)

cheers,

dl

dhasdell
February 15th, 2009, 23:29
There is a slightly modded Arromanches with RN deck letter and ensign available.

The Paul Clawson Sarav3 and Lex world cruise (or maybe a single Lex) do have notes about moving them, but they make my brain hurt.

Barca is fine - it's not a bad place to be close to. How did you connect Segur?
:wavey:

delta_lima
February 17th, 2009, 10:17
Hello DH,

You know, I didn't know about it until yesterday, when I stumbled across it by accident on cbfs. I'm in total anguish, because I won't be at my home PC for another day to try - but apparently there are locations in Suez and "Asia". I travel to Asia a lot, and from my experience, "Asia" is pretty large - so I don't have a clue what that means. I can't wait to install tomorrow.

In any event, my "prime" desired location has materialized - Suez is great, so regardless of other locations, I'll be plying that part of oceanic real estate for a good while. Bummer that the lovely Nazcastudios Wyvern doesn't work in FS9 .... :(

Hugely grateful to the cbfs team for making this mod - such a treat they've been working on it for months now, and I just found out about it right after it got released - life is good:woot:!

dl

There is a slightly modded Arromanches with RN deck letter and ensign available.

The Paul Clawson Sarav3 and Lex world cruise (or maybe a single Lex) do have notes about moving them, but they make my brain hurt.

Barca is fine - it's not a bad place to be close to. How did you connect Segur?
:wavey: