PDA

View Full Version : coastline issues

highpockets
January 28th, 2018, 12:38
Flying a Beaus in the Sand mission along the coast of Corsica. Not sure why the scenery looks like this?? Followed Rami's MTO scenery guide and scenery cfg. matches. I am missing something.

UncleTgt
January 28th, 2018, 12:49
Looks like the contents of your CFS2/TEXTURE folder and CFS2/scenedb/world/texture folder don't match, or you're missing some custom coastline bitmaps frpom either of these folders.

The sim is looking for files in several places & either can't find them where it expects to find them, or finds 2 different types. So long as the bitmaps in your SCENEDB/WORLD/TEXTURE folder are the same as you have in your main /TEXTURE folder, it should avoid displaying blocks like this.

G2K/LWM type scenery included in many packages requires copying contents of your scenedb/world/texture folder to your main CFS2 texture folder.

highpockets
January 28th, 2018, 15:01
I will go back and make sure that was done. Thanks for the tip.

highpockets
January 28th, 2018, 15:14
Textures copied. Still same problem. I am going back to check for coastline texture.

Rami
January 28th, 2018, 17:04
Jim,

I have some ideas on this, I will post in the morning. :very_drunk:

highpockets
January 29th, 2018, 02:12
Rami :encouragement:

Rami
January 29th, 2018, 03:14
Jim,

I can't be 100% sure, but I wonder if this might be the problem.

Care to post your scenery.cfg file?

highpockets
January 29th, 2018, 03:48
Rami
Will have to post later today. I already looked at that, but not sure. The CST4610b_m.bgl is missing in my MTO install but it is in my Balkans install.
I have two different installs.

Rami
January 29th, 2018, 05:42
Jim,

Can you confirm that all other scenery in the campaign (further south) is working properly?

highpockets
January 29th, 2018, 05:55
Rami
"[ Evening patrol out of Malta." I have to leave for the morning. Will check back this afternoon.Thanks for your efforts.

highpockets
January 29th, 2018, 08:02
Attached scenery.cfg. It matched the library in the sim. I did have a CTD in " Allied Intervention in Corsica" about halfway into the fray against the transports--not sure why yet.

highpockets
January 29th, 2018, 08:08
Rami
"Guarding Alexandria Harbor" scenery in Beaus in the Sand looked OK. Flew all the way to the intercept and engaged.

Rami
January 29th, 2018, 10:22
Jim,

In Boston with mom; should be home early this evening.

highpockets
January 29th, 2018, 11:35
OK Rami
Hope mom is doing better. I will be gone until late in the evening so no hurry.

Rami
January 29th, 2018, 16:18
Jim,

If you're having those problems on Malta as well, are you sure you took the TEXTURE folder from the Part II package and added them to your main TEXTURE folder?

Because if you have, then I'm really befuddled. :dizzy:

highpockets
January 30th, 2018, 03:09
I am going back through the package instructions. Don't despair. I am still klutsy when it comes to the scenery and how it works. :stupid: I still don't under stand water masks and coastlines and what goes where in what area of the world and what doesn't go together. That's why I rely on the forum and the "smart ones". :biggrin-new::applause:

ElsnerMarkus
January 30th, 2018, 10:27
@ you are realy 81 Years old? Respect to Play this Good Sim in this Age :-)

What is the Gunsight you using? Never see this

Roxane-21
January 30th, 2018, 11:37
Jim,

I can't be 100% sure, but I wonder if this might be the problem.

Care to post your scenery.cfg file?

Is the file 'CST4610b_m.bgl' useful for ETO as well ? In order to save disk space, I would like to use the same mesh folders for both ETO and MTO sceneries.

Rami
January 30th, 2018, 12:17
Roxanne,

No, it's basically the eastern Sicilian coast and points east. Not sure about Corsica and Sardinia.

highpockets
January 30th, 2018, 14:27
@ you are realy 81 Years old? Respect to Play this Good Sim in this Age :-)

What is the Gunsight you using? Never see this
I'm afraid so. Been a WWII a/c freak since WWII when I was a kid! I use the sights with the A/C. My % of hits varies but mostly not too good

highpockets
January 30th, 2018, 14:29
Rami
Just got back home after a long day. -mentoring a 4th grader, movie,lunch shopping, walking :running:
I may not get to this until tomorrow. I will keep you posted.
Thanks

Rami
January 30th, 2018, 14:32
Jim,

No problem, but I have class tomorrow night, so I won't be able to answer until about 8pm-ish.

highpockets
January 31st, 2018, 13:20
Rami
Could the problem be watermasks? I haven't had time to do much investigating although I did reinstall Part 2 of Beaus in the Sand and it made no difference. I have to look at watermask instructions again if they are required. I don't remember if I installed them or not if required. I has been 10 months since the install and I just now got around to flying this particular mission. I will be gone until late this evening again :running:

Rami
February 1st, 2018, 01:47
Jim,

It could be the watermasks; do you have another installation you can transfer them from?

highpockets
February 1st, 2018, 06:49
Yes.
I am going to rework this. Don't you fret about it anymore. I stubbed my toe somewhere in the installation so I am redoing. I will keep you posted.
Thanks