PDA

View Full Version : Cessna U206G Soloy Mark 1 V3.0 is available

TiAr
January 28th, 2018, 08:13
FlightPort Cessna U206G Soloy Mark 1 V3.0 is available here in library. For FSX and P3D V1+/V2+/V3+ and for P3DV4+ as a separate native version.

What is new in V3.0?

It contains all six models of V2.0, but with a lot of improvements. And the great repaints of Rafal "YoYo" with 4096 HD textures, too.

Alexander Metzger has reworked the airfiles - and the engine parameters of the Allison 250-C20S were very realistically integrated into the model.

The ground/flight idle switch (throttle_set) now has function (important for engine handling). Adjusted manual and automatic engine start. The starter switch MUST be actively switched off again after starting the engine, otherwise the throttle lever has no function.

Important: XMLTools for FSX or P3DV3 must be installed to get a realistic engine behavior. Only with this you can start the engine without having trouble, e.g. the unrealistic preclosing (hot start bug) has finally come to an end. Please see readme and manual in Custom model folder.

Cessna U206G Soloy MK1 Custom V3 is the base model folder. You need it to display all other models correctly. A new repaint kit V3 is available as separate download (see FSX Other or P3D-Addons).

More news and pictures in P3DV4 forum:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/109190-Cessna-U206G-Soloy-Mark-1-V3-0-available?p=1123988#post1123988

Hope you like the new V3.0.

Cheers
Thomas

txnetcop
January 28th, 2018, 08:48
Thomas she's a beauty! You have outdone yourself with this one...WOW!
Ted

Roger
January 28th, 2018, 10:39
Excellent! Thank you so much for your hard work Thomas:applause:

simtech
January 28th, 2018, 12:54
:jump: Thomas, this is an absolute joy to fly and get to learn so much about. I haven't tried all of the variations yet, but your amphib is a lot of fun.
Thank you so much for sharing so much of yourself in this project. Many kudos to all those who helped in making this happen. Thank you one and all. Terry

Penzoil3
January 28th, 2018, 13:19
Thanks so much!
Sue

strykerpsg
January 28th, 2018, 14:12
Beautiful plane indeed! Thanks for updating and adding some features. I did not download this in FSX when you released it a year or so ago, but it will be downloaded tonight and run thru P3D, noting your post there too. Thanks again for a great labor of love.

NAVY DOC
January 28th, 2018, 14:24
Thomas,

Thanks for such a great aircraft.

Doc

TiAr
January 28th, 2018, 14:37
Got some great reports, thank you very much! Again, please set the starter switch after ignition to off. This is very important. Than you will get full throttle response again. This behavior avoids fuel injection during start-up. (like the real one and at least the bad fuel bug since FSX...)

Thomas

scotth6
January 28th, 2018, 22:02
Thanks very much Thomas! I love V2.0, so can't wait to test out the new version. This is one of the best addons out there.

Cheers,

b52bob
January 29th, 2018, 06:20
Thanks for the wonderful aircraft. Spectacular!

Bon

guitar0633
January 29th, 2018, 08:13
WOW THOMAS, thank you. TALK ABOUT A COINCIDENCE. Last night I was doing some pruning of my airplane folder uninstalling some planes that I haven't flown in forever and had no intention of flying anymore. Guess which ones went first? The old Carenado U206H planes and even the G1000 Carenado 206 HD. I was thinking, "Hey, I'll just wait on the new Soloy, I don't fly these Carenado 206 planes anymore and they are just making my plane choice screen in FSX way longer than it needs to be". So I uninstalled them thinking I'll just wait for the new Soloy even if it takes months longer.

Then the very next day I see this post, amazing timing. This will be my only 206 and will be used in Airhauler 2. In fact, I'm headed over to let the other AH2 folks know this is out as a few have also been waiting.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

jmbiii
January 29th, 2018, 19:06
Thomas,
What everybody else above said - I can't add any more !:applause:
Thanks,
Joe

ToniJH
January 29th, 2018, 20:40
Thank you very much. This is one of my fav airplanes i use, when i fly across florida.

HarleyDude
January 29th, 2018, 20:57
Thomas, Thanks for all your dedication and work in bringing this aircraft to life. When you get a chance could you post some flight and landing settings. I'm having trouble getting the airspeed down for landings. Thanks in advance. Harley Dude

TiAr
January 30th, 2018, 15:44
http://up.picr.de/31683823zz.jpg

this is first FSX shot showing F1 G600 of upcoming Mark 2, works very fine on it. I will go with it in Mark 1, too.

Thomas

gray eagle
January 31st, 2018, 10:33
The readme states:
Important: XMLTools for FSX or P3DV3 must be installed to get a realistic engine behavior.

I have XMLTools3D.dll(P3D V3) only, will this suffice?

TiAr
January 31st, 2018, 11:12
yes, for all 32-bit P3DV1 to V3 yours will work. You need no other files.

Thomas

Fireball6
January 31st, 2018, 11:53
Thomas, thank you so much for all the work you have done on this beauty - great work !:applause:

All the Best

Dirk

Bjoern
January 31st, 2018, 19:11
Thomas:

Haven't had time for anything but a ModelConverterX inspection and the manuals yet, but you might want to check the right rear windows on all interior models. MCX shows their normals as inverted compared to the other windows.
And there is a notable gap between the rear window glass and the frame. Not sure if it's shows like that in the simulator. The gap on the other two rear windows is smaller and less notable in MCX. Should be an easy fix though (move glass inward and make the pane larger).

If I can pull myself away from the drag of installing AI flightplan after flightplan, maybe I can come up with a simple engine damage gauge based on the limitations in the manual.
Engine torque exceedance is a no brainer (mechanical failure), but what happens if prop RPM is exceeded for some time? Hot bearings and a cooked engine?

TiAr
February 1st, 2018, 13:42
Thank you very much Bjoern - there are some more gaps out, I know. I used an open source 206 of the year ´1886´ which had big errors on source models (but better than nothing to begin) - anyway, I will a closer look on the current ones.

A damage gauge would be fine. RPM is set, sure, but also torque limitation is in Allison engine a factor. I can provide you all the limitations of engine data of real Mark 1.

Thomas

Bjoern
February 1st, 2018, 14:55
I found the type certificate in the LBA's database and I figure that's all I need. The gauge, if anything, is supposed to be universal and the 206 is just the test bed. So it's probably going to be torque, ITT/EGT, prop RPM and oil as limiting factors.
Not sure if compressor stalls are an issue for turboprops as much as they are for pure jets.

Bjoern
February 1st, 2018, 16:43
I've got the 206 in the simulator. If I may, here's some more things I found:

1) In U206G_sound.ini, get rid of the absolute paths. E.g. "Sound00=Soloy_sound/click.wav" is all it takes to play the sounds, so you can install the U206 anywhere.

2) Adding the clickspot to the sun visor glass would make them easier to use.

3) To avoid the "both or none" problem for the props, mil anteanna/cargo pod and nav radios, modify the respective clickspots in config.xml like this:

<Area Left="99" Top="211" Width="22" Height="23">
<Tooltip>Display 3 Blade Prop</Tooltip>
<Cursor Type="Hand"/>
<Click>0 (&gt;L:proo3,enum) 0 (&gt;L:pro5,enum)</Click>
</Area>

<Area Left="99" Top="261" Width="22" Height="23">
<Tooltip>Display 5 Blade Prop</Tooltip>
<Cursor Type="Hand"/>
<Click>1 (&gt;L:pro5,enum) 1 (&gt;L:proo3,enum)</Click>
</Area>

<Area Left="99" Top="470" Width="22" Height="23">
<Tooltip>Antenna Custom</Tooltip>
<Cursor Type="Hand"/>
<Click>(L:antenne_costa,enum) ! (&gt;L:antenne_costa,enum) 0 (>L:cargo_pod,enum)</Click>
</Area>

<Area Left="99" Top="525" Width="22" Height="23">
<Tooltip>Cargo Pod</Tooltip>
<Cursor Type="Hand"/>
<Click>(L:cargo_pod,enum) ! (&gt;L:cargo_pod,enum) 0 (>L:antenne_costa,enum)</Click>
</Area>

<Area Left="472" Top="211" Width="22" Height="23">
<Tooltip>Display Garmin 530 430</Tooltip>
<Cursor Type="Hand"/>
<Click>0 (&gt;L:garm,enum) 0 (&gt;L:gtn,enum) 0 (&gt;L:kln,enum) 0 (&gt;L:rxp_garm, enum)</Click>
</Area>

<Area Left="472" Top="262" Width="22" Height="23">
<Tooltip>Display GTN 750 650</Tooltip>
<Cursor Type="Hand"/>
<Click>1 (&gt;L:garm,enum) 1 (&gt;L:gtn,enum) 0 (&gt;L:kln,enum) 0 (&gt;L:rxp_garm, enum)</Click>
</Area>

<Area Left="472" Top="313" Width="22" Height="23">
<Tooltip>Display KLN90B</Tooltip>
<Cursor Type="Hand"/>
<Click>1 (&gt;L:garm,enum) 0 (&gt;L:gtn,enum) 1 (&gt;L:kln,enum) 0 (&gt;L:rxp_garm, enum)</Click>
</Area>

<Area Left="472" Top="364" Width="22" Height="23">
<Tooltip>Display RXP GNS 530 430</Tooltip>
<Cursor Type="Hand"/>
<Click>1 (&gt;L:garm,enum) 0 (&gt;L:gtn,enum) 0 (&gt;L:kln,enum) 1 (&gt;L:rxp_garm, enum)</Click>
</Area>

4) A clickspot on the door lock lever for opening and closing the doors would be nice. Not sure if there's a default one. Give me a shout on FSDev if you need code.

5) Some descriptive tooltips for the custom cockpit controls (e.g. glareshield light switch) would also be useful.

6) Not sure what the VA-1A indicates in the real U206, but switching to "VA-1A!VA-1A main" in the panel.cfg makes a bit more sense to me.

7) Is the ammeter in the cockpit functional?

8) Is the cowl flap and alternate air control the same? Because the red knob labeled "alternate air" is inoperative and the cowl flap lever is labeled "alternate air".

9) I've made a quick and dirty GPU gauge that will run FSX' APU when the GPU is displayed while stationary on the ground to provide endless electrical power. Also plays (inappropriately powerful) start, running and shutdown sounds. Message me on FSDev, if you want to implement it.

Bjoern
February 2nd, 2018, 08:45
Oh, one more thing for Thomas: If you're interested to add moving rain to the windows, give me a shout on FSDev. It's not much work.

TiAr
February 2nd, 2018, 09:11
Hi Bjoern,

very very great and helpful, it seems that most of points could be done. I will give you a call in FSDev - for APU and rain effects, that would be wonderful to get both in Mark 1 and upcoming Mark 2. I will finished modelling work on Custom model this weekend, Alexander will do the airfiles, again.

Bjoern
February 3rd, 2018, 10:29
Hope my reply on FSDev wasn't too long and confusing. :biggrin-new:

spokes2112
February 3rd, 2018, 11:23
Bjoern,

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57689&stc=1

TiAr
February 3rd, 2018, 11:34
Wow, now there is a lot of movement around - first, I got sdk of G600 of F1 with all I need. Its a nice work from modelling point of view. At least much work, but it is the same like GTNs, GNSs or RXP, so there is nothing special new. Bjoern sent all the info I need, thats great. Many thanks Bjoern!

Anyway, all these improvements are on the list with Mark 2, now. Later, I will send Alexander the first Mark 2 for adjusting airfiles and other improvements. Soloy Aviation sent us helpful contact informations about Mark 2. And last but not least, perhaps we have a new engine sound.

http://up.picr.de/31718351nt.jpg
:wavey:

Thomas

mgchrist5
February 3rd, 2018, 20:10
I've paid good money for planes that weren't half as good as this. Many thanks, Thomas! A true masterpiece....

simurq
February 4th, 2018, 06:06
What a wonderful flight I had today indeed!!! Thanks to Thomas and his wonder-craft... :applause: Although the start-up procedure seems a bit sophisticated for my old brain.

But I think I'm doing smth wrong here. My only option was the auto-start. Well, actually I've tried to follow what's described on p.8 of the included manual. But whatever I try to start the engine manually, I always fail. XMLTools is installed and recognized by FSX. I checked the throttle - GROUND mode is on, fuel CUT OFF, propeller level IN. But the N1 needle doesn't go up to reach 13% when the starter is engaged, even when I open the fuel lever (back to IN position). Then, when the engine is finally started, plane starts rolling unexpectedly (even after autostart and throttle at 0%). Even the brakes can't stop the roll... Anyway... Continue experimenting. :mixed-smiley-010:

Any advice with manual startup?

PS: Also, anyone with performance tables / fuel /range data for this birdie? Google search was useless so far...

fsafranek
February 4th, 2018, 06:17
Wow, now there is a lot of movement around - first, I got sdk of G600 of F1 with all I need. Its a nice work from modelling point of view. At least much work, but it is the same like GTNs, GNSs or RXP, so there is nothing special new. Bjoern sent all the info I need, thats great. Many thanks Bjoern!

Anyway, all these improvements are on the list with Mark 2, now. Later, I will send Alexander the first Mark 2 for adjusting airfiles and other improvements. Soloy Aviation sent us helpful contact informations about Mark 2. And last but not least, perhaps we have a new engine sound.
Great news indeed!

Any frame rate hit with the G600 installed? I have the GTN units and they are fine on my system.
Just curious before making a second deep never-on-sale plunge into the wallet.
The G300 in the Flight1 Skycatcher was a total frame rate killer for me.
:ernaehrung004:

Bjoern
February 4th, 2018, 10:35
Bjoern,

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57689&stc=1

Roman,

(Image won't display :))

Aharon
August 27th, 2019, 06:47
Sorry for bring up this very old thread and sorry if I offend any of you but I am wondering if I have to install XMLTools for FSX into my FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2? Is it possible to use this plane without XMLTools for FSX? Regards, Aharon

falcon409
August 27th, 2019, 07:44
Sorry for bring up this very old thread and sorry if I offend any of you but I am wondering if I have to install XMLTools for FSX into my FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2? Is it possible to use this plane without XMLTools for FSX? Regards, Aharon
The XMLTools file is needed for realistic engine behavior. If you aren't interested in that then you probably don't need it. Question is, why not install it? It takes very little time and you get the best performance from an excellent airplane.

Aharon
August 27th, 2019, 09:46
If you aren't interested in that then you probably don't need it. Question is, why not install it? It takes very little time and you get the best performance from an excellent airplane.

Easy answer: TOO SCARED to install XMLTools.dll into FSX because I do not want to mess up my FSX!!!!!! :biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Regards,

Aharon

TiAr
August 27th, 2019, 10:45
Aharon, XMLTools.dll is absolutely harmless. You can use it with confidence, because only airplanes that have been programmed with it can use it.

For the Soloy´s it is, however, necessary to have right engine indicators.

But this threat is definitely the wrong one - V4 are the actual Soloys...

Thomas

Aharon
August 27th, 2019, 12:07
TiAr:But this threat is definitely the wrong one - V4 are the actual Soloys...

I am sorry but I do not understand this statement?????

Regards,

Aharon

TiAr
August 27th, 2019, 12:32
Aharon, users could think, this is the actual threat. This one is better!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/109839-Soloy-Mark-1-v4-and-Mark-2-released?highlight=Soloy+V4

Thomas

MrZippy
August 27th, 2019, 12:32
I am sorry but I do not understand this statement?????

Regards,

Aharon

Flightport_Soloy_Mark1_V4_FSX_P3DV3.zip This download, Aharon? I had the V1 now I will try the V4

Aharon
August 27th, 2019, 12:54
Aharon, users could think, this is the actual threat. This one is better!
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/109839-Soloy-Mark-1-v4-and-Mark-2-released?highlight=Soloy+V4

Thanks for link for version 4 and apparently I downloaded wrong version 1 and hope I do not need XMLTools.dll for the version 4 :) Hence me asking here

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon
August 27th, 2019, 12:56
Flightport_Soloy_Mark1_V4_FSX_P3DV3.zip This download, Aharon?

DRAT I downloaded the wrong one (version 1)!!!

Gonna go back and download the correct version 4!!!

Regards,

Aharon

MrZippy
August 27th, 2019, 13:20
DRAT I downloaded the wrong one (version 1)!!!

Gonna go back and download the correct version 4!!!

Regards,

Aharon

So far, testing this new one and I have zero throttle/thrust response...odd! Throttle lever moves as I move my throttle on my joystick. I also hope that the XMLTOOLs are not needed for basic flight!

Aharon
August 27th, 2019, 14:48
So far, testing this new one and I have zero throttle/thrust response...odd! Throttle lever moves as I move my throttle on my joystick. I also hope that the XMLTOOLs are not needed for basic flight!

Thanks for testing and please let me know how it is.

I am VERY CONFUSED.

What is difference between version 1 of FSXA native Cessna T 206 H Soloy Mark 2 Turbine Pac for FSX and P3DV1-V3 with files DATED MARCH 17, 2018 and version 4 of V4.0 Cessna U 206 G Soloy Mark 1 Turbine Pac for FSX and P3DV1...V3 with files also DATED MARCH 17, 2018 if BOTH VERSIONS HAVE SAME MARCH 2018 RELEASE DATE???

Regards,

Aharon

ejoiner
August 27th, 2019, 15:57
THis is the best freeware general aviation aircraft on my hard drive. I fly it as my default general aviation airplane. Simply payware level fantastic stuff.

falcon409
August 27th, 2019, 17:31
Thanks for testing and please let me know how it is.

I am VERY CONFUSED.

What is difference between version 1 of FSXA native Cessna T 206 H Soloy Mark 2 Turbine Pac for FSX and P3DV1-V3 with files DATED MARCH 17, 2018 and version 4 of V4.0 Cessna U 206 G Soloy Mark 1 Turbine Pac for FSX and P3DV1...V3 with files also DATED MARCH 17, 2018 if BOTH VERSIONS HAVE SAME MARCH 2018 RELEASE DATE???

Regards,

Aharon
No confusion I would think. Look at the model type sir. . .There is a Mark I version and a Mark II version. . .two different airplanes.

Aharon
August 27th, 2019, 18:32
No confusion I would think. Look at the model type sir. . .There is a Mark I version and a Mark II version. . .two different airplanes.

Ahhh okay thanks Both look same to me LOL

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon
August 27th, 2019, 18:33
THis is the best freeware general aviation aircraft on my hard drive. I fly it as my default general aviation airplane. Simply payware level fantastic stuff.

Glad that I made decision to download that plane! Thanks for thumb up review.

Regards,

Aharon

MrZippy
August 28th, 2019, 06:01
Very nice aircraft! I did a test to make sure my throttle was working by starting with the default King Air and then switched over to the U206G. It flew fine!

Aharon
August 28th, 2019, 11:36
Flying NOW a testing flight abroad C206 with extra underneath cargo pod from PAUN to PAGA!!!!! Everything looks stable and good although I cannot find deice button to activate in Fightport model base. The manual shows three deice buttons but I cannot click on those because the view of three buttons are blocked by steering yoke

Regards,

Aharon

TiAr
August 28th, 2019, 13:25
you can hide the yokes. Please read the Manual, you will find a lot of more uncommon informations about these birds.

Regards,

Thomas

Sieggie
August 28th, 2019, 14:03
Anyone else not seeing any display for Amps when the Amps/Volts switch is moved to the right. Mine shows blank for Amps and 26 for Volts.

Thanks

Dave

Aharon
August 28th, 2019, 14:15
you can hide the yokes. Please read the Manual, you will find a lot of more uncommon informations about these birds.

Thanks for tip and you will be pleased to hear that I made first successful flight with your awesome plane that was landed with -225 fpm which was not so bad for first C206 landing!! :very_drunk::very_drunk:

Regards,

Aharon