PDA

View Full Version : Other planes like the C47 that will punish you for mistreati

guitar0633
January 16th, 2018, 23:19
I am enjoying Manfred and team's C47 so much. I also enjoy my Aerosoft Twotter. I use Air Hauler and have found that I want to use planes that actually punish you for mistreating the engines and icing and such. The C47 does that, the Twotter does it. I love the Milton D18S but notice there seems to be no punishment for leaving the engines and prop cranked completely. I was just wondering if there are other freeware like the C47 that will have an engine clunk out?

For instance, how about that Big monster 4 engine Boeing C97 is it? Will the engines do what the C47 does if you mistreat them? Any others I should check out?

alpha charlie
January 17th, 2018, 02:29
Try Aerosoft Catalina. It's not freeware, but it'll punish you allright. :biggrin-new:

stansdds
January 17th, 2018, 02:35
For a C-97 with engine damage potential you should look at the B377 with the AccuSim addon from A2A Simulations, but expect to pay quite a bit of money for that combination.

There are tons of freeware aircraft suitable for Air Hauler and you have already discovered Milton's excellent D-18S. For freeware aircraft you might want to try a little program called RealEngine v1.4.

Bjoern
January 17th, 2018, 02:47
- RAZBAM Metroliner
- Mario Noriegas's Mercure, P.180, PD-808
- My FSX version of the DBD L-39C
- Dave Maltby's BAC 1-11
- Manfred Jahn & Team's Lockheed Constellations
- Calclassic DC-4, DC-6, DC-7
- Ant's T-28B and Winjeel
- Any piston aircraft that has RealEngine equipped

To a lesser degree, any plane used with MI Tool, although it does not impose any operational limits instead of generic maintenance requirements.

Engine damage is something I want for every aircraft, but my work on a corresponding gauge for any engine type is very much on the backburner at the moment.

henrystreet
January 17th, 2018, 03:14
Milviz T-38A Advanced

menef
January 17th, 2018, 03:38
A2A C172 SP Accusimmed will punish you also if you do everything more than right :a1089:

Ikewe
January 17th, 2018, 05:13
Freeware ones I can recall right now:

Rick Piper and team´s HS748
Calclassic Convair piston liners
Suprunov Design Yak 40

Although Payware I think these two are worth a mention:
Digital Aviation Dornier Do-27
Leonardo Maddog

Willy
January 17th, 2018, 07:34
Wozza's Gee Bee Z. Nothing like trying to make an emergency landing in a Gee Bee with a sick or dead engine.

I was working on adapting his engine damage gauges to the Alabeo Gee Bee Z and was fairly well along with it at one point before something else took precedence and the gauges went on the back of the back burner. Guess I need to look back into it and see where I was at with it.

Wozza's were for FS9, but I had them working quite well in FSX. Just needed a little more parameter tweaking for the differences between his Z and the Alabeo Z

magoo
January 17th, 2018, 08:37
Check this out, maybe it's helpful:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/71359-FS2004-FSX-RealEngine-Aircraft-Limitations-v1-4-zip

guitar0633
January 17th, 2018, 11:42
Wow, as usual you gus come through with a bunch of suggestions. Sounds like I will have a blast just going through all these planes and ideas. What first got me started on this was the Aerosoft Twin otter. I was doing a flight in Alaska, just left Unakaleet and was about 50 miles out and thought I ran in to a huge fog bank. I then realized something was strange, I could see down to the ground out my side window, lol. I was shocked. I realized my windscreen was frosted over white. It was so cool. I had seen the defrost windshield heat but hadn't turned it on. I quickly hit the switch and sure enough, in a few minutes my windshield started slowly clearing up.

I also realized the great icing the twin otter has. After that I was ruined. I have bought so much Carenado stuff but none of them do this stuff. the twin Caravan 406 will die from torque, yeah, and the PA42 Cheyenne too will die if you don't lower the torque rather quickly after takeoff.

But the Carenado I love the best, the C208, especially the Cargomaster does nothing. I can forget to lower the prop or throttle, she will happily go for hours with no trouble. I also have the EX 208 with the G1000 and I THINK that may have conked out on me once for extended time at high torque and rpm, but I never have had it happen again and now I question if I am remembering it right. Anyone know if the C208 EX from Carenado with the G1000 will die or give warnings of torque?

Wow, I have the Catalina by Aerosoft, and yeah, it punishes me because I can't figure out how to land that darn thing. It goes all over the place with me as I am coming over the thresh hold. I haven't flown it in a while but I think I will give it a try again. I need to get on YT and see if I can find some lessons for that huge beast. It is fun to start up.

Thanks guys

speedy70
January 17th, 2018, 14:18
All A2A aircraft are true to life with a program called accusim.I have them all and they are fantastic.

Cheers Chris

Bjoern
January 17th, 2018, 14:49
One more came to mind:
FASA's T-6 Racer is Wozza's T-6 Harvard with some enhancements and a RealEngine implementation.

However, their website (http://www.fsxairsports.com/) is currently out of order, so it's unavailable.
I think it might be fair enough if someone who still has the installation package can upload it here for the time being. All I have is the aircraft with a slimmed down selection of (three) paints.

warchild
January 17th, 2018, 22:07
Razbams A7 corsairs.

cavaricooper
January 18th, 2018, 02:50
Not freeware... BUT...PMDG’s DC-6 and upcoming J-41 have detailed engine modeling requiring proper handling. ALL their stuff does for that matter.

Also a HUGE Aerosoft Twotter fan. The St. Maarten, St. Bart’s and Saba rotation are a GREAT way to spend the afternoon. Come to think of it, why haven’t I taken her up to AK? Time methinks!

HTH- C

Kekelekou
January 21st, 2018, 02:54
Hello!

The freeware FrenchVFR Ti-Bush features a damage mod simulating the wear and failure of the engine and several other systems.

I am adapting this gauge set for the Flight1 BN-2 Islander. You can follow the progress on this thread : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/107671-Damage-Mod-for-BN-2-Islander-WIP

guitar0633
January 22nd, 2018, 12:37
Hello!

The freeware FrenchVFR Ti-Bush features a damage mod simulating the wear and failure of the engine and several other systems.

I am adapting this gauge set for the Flight1 BN-2 Islander. You can follow the progress on this thread : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/107671-Damage-Mod-for-BN-2-Islander-WIP

Thanks. I signed up on the site but it still won't let me download that bush plane.

I have been keeping up to date on your Islander mod and can't wait as I have that old beast.

Victory103
January 23rd, 2018, 09:04
Razbams A7 corsairs.

Referenced the NATOPS manual, I still feel it's too sudden and have had plenty of engine failures. The only USN sim aircraft I use that I have to "fly the engine", even the AS F-14A isn't as bad. Not a big helo crowd here, but the MilViz 407 and 530 also offer engine-out autoroation practice if abused.

warchild
January 23rd, 2018, 09:27
Referenced the NATOPS manual, I still feel it's too sudden and have had plenty of engine failures. The only USN sim aircraft I use that I have to "fly the engine", even the AS F-14A isn't as bad. Not a big helo crowd here, but the MilViz 407 and 530 also offer engine-out autoroation practice if abused.
heh.. forgot about that.. I was thinking more of the anhedral of the wings.. its so heavily angled and the wings so wide that they almost act like parachutes when you go into a dive..

Kekelekou
January 23rd, 2018, 11:05
Thanks. I signed up on the site but it still won't let me download that bush plane.

Pretty weird, i don’t recall that registering is required. Please give a try at this link (you’ll have to accept the licence). The login is «*micro*», the password «*simulation*»

http://frenchvfr.free.fr/dwnld.php?lng=en&delay=5&pg=432&li=Creative_Commons

I have been keeping up to date on your Islander mod and can't wait as I have that old beast.

Glad to read that! I am just finished with all the system gauges. I have now to code the whole interface panel from the test panel, and finish the VC model update to implement the «*hijacking*» of signals from the throttle and pitch levers.

guitar0633
January 25th, 2018, 08:32
Nope, won't let me download. I hit the link, it pops a little window asking for name and password. I signed up to the site, but when I put my name and password it says I am a "Zone Protege" or something.

MrZippy
January 25th, 2018, 08:38
Nope, won't let me download. I hit the link, it pops a little window asking for name and password. I signed up to the site, but when I put my name and password it says I am a "Zone Protege" or something.

You hit the link then click agree, then enter username and password.

I just tried it and it works. Username: micro Password: simulation this ain't too tough:encouragement:

guitar0633
January 27th, 2018, 12:58
Also, just toet you know how excited I am about your Islander mods, I have not even been flying the bird and have been waiting to only when your mods come out. I and very ecited to try them out. I miss that beast.

guitar0633
January 27th, 2018, 12:59
You hit the link then click agree, then enter username and password.

I just tried it and it works. Username: micro Password: simulation this ain't too tough:encouragement:

You made that easy as pie Zippy, thank you much.

erican2
January 28th, 2018, 00:47
A2a's Spitfire with accu-sim will also bite you and their b377 is a bit of a handful.

Bjoern
February 1st, 2018, 05:41
Just so you know, thanks to erican2 and with the generous permission from Rami to temporarily host it here, the FASA T-6 Racers are available in the library until the FASA homepage is back up and running again.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=34&linkid=23340

mikezola
February 1st, 2018, 08:59
When I feel like testing my own patience, or otherwise wish to put myself through some grief, I fly Alexey Yuzefov's Yak-18T, available at Avsimrus.com. If I recall correctly, it even models a blown tire if you land it too hard! Fly it with one eye on your gauges!

-Mike Z.

blanston12
February 1st, 2018, 10:08
I was playing with the Vertigo Studios Avenger the other day, it comes with both a easy and hard flight models. The hard version will bite you back if you push the engine too hard.

Bjoern
February 1st, 2018, 15:12
When I feel like testing my own patience, or otherwise wish to put myself through some grief, I fly Alexey Yuzefov's Yak-18T, available at Avsimrus.com. If I recall correctly, it even models a blown tire if you land it too hard! Fly it with one eye on your gauges!

I've implemented blown tires into MI Tool and it really makes landings that more exciting - or frustrating. :biggrin-new:

boxcar
February 1st, 2018, 17:01
Good thread. http://yoursmiles.org/psmile/pilot/p0504.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/p-pilot.php)

Lotus Simulations L-39 Albatros is another.
Push the engines for too long and she'll bite you. Start to open the canopy in flight and good luck trying to get her back to terra firma.
This jet trainer continues to hold up well over the years. Treat her right (an outstanding manual explains it all) ​and she'll return the favor.