PDA

View Full Version : Let's hear it for A.F. Scrub!

lazarus
January 15th, 2018, 10:24
:applause::applause: Scrubby's gone over the the dark side:encouragement: I've noted a number of FSX native models cropping up, the man's as prolific as
Mozart; A Widgeon, I see a P-36 today, a Peashooter, a Merlin Engined Beaufighter. Marvellous! It may not be A2A, but if folks can get past the 'ultrarealism' (which isn't...) and 'systems intensive' (mostly a pain in the afterbody...) snobbery, we see solid, ascetic modelling, enough VC to fly IMC, and wicked frame rates in MP.
Ripping the top off a Lindeboom in toast. Cheers, Scrubby! :applause:

Switchblade408
January 15th, 2018, 10:31
I wonder if he'd be willing to do a Piaggio P.136 Royal Gull. The FSX/P3D world is lacking one of those.

Anthin
January 15th, 2018, 12:31
Thumbs up from me as well.:encouragement:

The the grumman Widgeon with the
default Goose VC is really nice. Hope some repaints appear.

Well done Sir.

Anthin.:adoration:

blanston12
January 15th, 2018, 12:44
I do respect Scrub. There are those designers who spend years working on one model getting it perfect in every detail, Scrub is not that type, neither was Jens B. Kristensen or Mike Stone who like A.F. Scrub were very prolific and produced low detail but very acceptable models for there day.

We are often spoiled by many of our local designers who produce very detailed aircraft, just less frequently.

Bjoern
January 15th, 2018, 14:06
Still wondering how he manages to pump out so many models. Must be a source file conversion thing.

glh
January 15th, 2018, 15:47
Scrubby does very fine work and he's certainly a prolific modeler. I am personally hoping he will finish off his F/P-51 Mustang series with an FSX conversion F-82 Twin Mustang.

Jafo
January 15th, 2018, 19:37
Still wondering how he manages to pump out so many models. Must be a source file conversion thing.

Probably sacrifices virgins to the Gods...;)

Well done, BTW, Mister Scrub...;)

lazarus
January 15th, 2018, 20:10
A Kawasaki Tony, various iterations of Cessna 170, 150, 172, 182, Cap4, Vought VE7. I don't know how the man does it, either, just glad he does.
But then, I don't know how Bjoren manages 8000 + posts and has time to run the sim:biggrin-new:
:applause::applause:

PeteHam
January 15th, 2018, 21:52
I love the Widgeon. :jump:

It looks good, flies well, great VC.

Contact points need a wee tweak but that's minor.

Well done A.F. Scrub :applause:

Pete.

Naismith
January 15th, 2018, 23:28
I love his Bf109B and wish he would revisit it to refine it to his present higher standards. He is very prolific. Much to admire.

greenie
January 16th, 2018, 02:14
I'm no often right but I'm probably wrong this time .
I thought I read somewhere that A.F.Scrub is actually a little syndicate of devs . How does that stand ?

Bjoern
January 16th, 2018, 03:39
But then, I don't know how Bjoren manages 8000 + posts and has time to run the sim:biggrin-new:

That's just 2.3 posts per day, so that leaves time enough to run the sim and keep reloading aircraft to check code changes (flying is for weenies anyway).

And I just realized that I've spent around a third of my life being registered here. Oh god!

wombat666
January 16th, 2018, 04:06
Probably sacrifices virgins to the Gods...;)
Well done, BTW, Mister Scrub...;)

So that's why there is such a short supply!
:very_drunk:

expat
January 16th, 2018, 07:08
Lazarus, Bjoern, Scrub - we are indebted to you for your time and effort on any and all FSX native model conversions - many thanks!

hertzie
January 16th, 2018, 07:52
J-M, forever in debt !!

hertzie

lazarus
January 18th, 2018, 21:55
:biggrin-new: ...And I just realized that I've spent around a third of my life being registered here. Oh god!

You really want to plotz, look at your log book!:eek:

:icon_redface: Uh, thanks. I'm just a hack, though. I see a native Piaggio 166 on simviation. Amazing! Might just see that Royal Gull someday.

b52bob
January 19th, 2018, 06:27
:applause::applause: Scrubby's gone over the the dark side:encouragement:

Do we still have cookies left?

jetstream-j41
February 28th, 2018, 09:30
Thank you to A.F.Scrub

It has been a long wait for a complete overhaul of the Piaggio P166 SAAF for FSX.
I love it and have textures made for an addon of ZS-NJS if any one is interested.
:jump:

napamule
February 28th, 2018, 22:17
Quote:'' A.F.Scrub is actually a little syndicate of devs . How does that stand ?''

I myself suspected that, but was too scared to say anything that would make me sound paranoid. So I am not the only paranoid simmer out there. You just CAN'T produce that many models (from scratch) by yourself. One every 2 months maybe? If it's a 'simple' model? Who is zooming who? Eck Eck! Not buying it.
Chuck B
Napamule
PS: And all of his FDEs are absolutely attrocious. Not buying those, either.

mikezola
March 1st, 2018, 14:32
Greetings, everyone-

No conspiracies here... A.F. Scrub is just one guy- FlightSim.com interviewed him some time ago. Pretty interesting- he basically doesn't want to see a lot of aircraft disappear because they were made for relatively older sims... I don't believe any of his releases are made 'from scratch'. His Ki-61, for instance, started out as Akemi's Tony- compare the vc, the file names of most of the texture files are dead ringers for Akemi's, and any skins made for Akemi's Ki-61 fit perfectly. His P-26 can be traced back to Wolfgang Faber's Peashooter. I've made the same type of connections with other releases of his. This is how he seems to crank them out so quickly. If I recall, he explains some of the process in his interview.

Don't get me wrong- if I had the time and the talent, I would be doing the same thing he does, because there would be a lot of aircraft types that we would not have available to fly in FS9 or FSX if it weren't for his efforts...

Salute! -Mike Z.