PDA

View Full Version : PhotoShop CS4 ??

aeromed202
February 14th, 2009, 13:48
This doesn't really belong in this forum per se but I have a software question and I know there are some very knowledgeable people out there. I tried to install Photo Shop CS4 the other day but my system wouldn't even recognize a disk in the drive. Does any one out there have any experience with this software?
Thx all.

FengZ
February 14th, 2009, 14:03
did you buy the suite or the stand alone? The suite version comes on a DVD-ROM, and not a CD-ROM, so maybe your reader is a CD-read only drive? I only have the suite versions, so i don't know about the stand-alone.

-feng

aeromed202
February 14th, 2009, 14:31
Thanks for getting back to me feng. Well the wife bought it and the box says CS4 Extended and has 2 disks:
Adobe Photo Shop CS4 Extended - DVD
Learning Adobe Creative Suite 4 - DVD

I tried to get help from Adobe but their website is irritating to say the least. I just gave up trying to contact someone. E-machines (my rig) said they couldn't possibly train their staff about everything out there to help me out but in the same sentence offered tech support for $120 per hour. So I am now going to the people who can really help-SOH people.
I thought it might be a decoder issue. It will install on my kids Dell laptop and have contacted the previous owner who knows about graphic software to see if he knows whats up.

med

aeromed202
February 14th, 2009, 17:40
Kay, I fixed my own problem. Forgot I replaced the disk drive way back and its only a CD reader. Just went over to Best Buy and got a DVD/CD drive for $35, popped it in and voila! Man I like quick fixes-course no help from Adobe or E-Machines. In my work when some gadget fails the first thing I check is if the darn plug fell out or something. With these techies its always a Rube-Goldberg solution. I bet they forget which end of the pen has the ink sometimes. Oh well.

Hi, Bye