PDA

View Full Version : Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released

Pages : [1] 2 3

rcbarend
January 11th, 2018, 06:50
Read about it and download it here .......
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/mv-22b-osprey-release-2-0.441890/

Package is for FSX-Accell, FSX-Steam, and all P3D versions (including P3Dv4).

NOTE:
Package is pre-configured for P3Dv4 (64bit gauges).
For FSX and P3D-32bit, all you need to do is rename a panel.cfg ....
See included FlightManual for instructions .

Enjoy,

Rob

MrZippy
January 11th, 2018, 08:07
Downloaded and installed. Looks good so far. Hope everyone reads the:applause: part that the panel.cfg is configured for 64 bit and will need to use the
32 bit panel.cfg for 32 bit systems....like mine!

rcbarend
January 11th, 2018, 08:48
Downloaded and installed. Looks good so far. Hope everyone reads the:applause: part that the panel.cfg is configured for 64 bit and will need to use the
32 bit panel.cfg for 32 bit systems....like mine!
Right.
And reading the part that you need to have the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable"s installed for the VSTOL to work ....:banghead:

Like Rel1.0, this is NOT a simple download-unzip-and-fly package; way too advanced ......
Hence: Start with reading the FlightManual ...LoL

MrZippy
January 11th, 2018, 09:03
Right.
And reading the part that you need to have the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable"s installed for the VSTOL to work ....:banghead:

Like Rel1.0, this is NOT a simple download-unzip-and-fly package; way too advanced ......
Hence: Start with reading the FlightManual ...LoL

Sounds good! There was no problem with VSTOL on the Rel1.0, so not anticipating any problems with this version. Now if UPS could just get my new joystick delivered!:banghead:

PhantomTweak
January 11th, 2018, 09:51
I will be checking out this beauty ASAP.
AND I may even read the directions, although I am almost embarassed to admit it. Real pilots don't need no directions! :biggrin-new:

Pat☺

T Square
January 11th, 2018, 13:38
Any one know off hand if the repaints that have been done so far work on this new version ?

Josh/Heater
January 11th, 2018, 13:55
Any one know off hand if the repaints that have been done so far work on this new version ?
I know that the ones that I packaged together with mine and Letourns repaints work ok, But I may update it if I can get my hands on the ambient occlusion layer that Maryadi created.

https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=FSX%2FP3D+Repaint+Package+For+Maryadi%27s +MV-22B+Osprey&x=0&y=0

I know others have made repaints as well, but they are scattered across different websites. I think someone has uploaded some of theirs to this site.

rcbarend
January 12th, 2018, 11:01
For support/questions on Rel2, please use THIS thread and not the Rel1 thread !!
Rob

hawkdriver
January 12th, 2018, 12:35
Guys, for some reason cannot get this aircraft to function. For FSXA, downloaded and once in the aircraft file, changed the panel.cfg from 64 to 32 as instructed. I have no battery power, as such no panel functions. Can I get a brother to help me out?
Hawkdriver

MDIvey
January 12th, 2018, 12:56
Getting same in fsx se. With last version as long as you cycled through the views to the vc everything was up and running for flight. Not with this version. Mfds are on but no running engine's.

Matt

speedy70
January 12th, 2018, 13:06
Please somebody tell me the nacelle controls.I have tried ctrl num4 and ctrl num6.i have tried the spoiler / key.All to no avail.Is there a setting on the overhead that I am missing?

Cheers chris

MrZippy
January 12th, 2018, 13:07
With FSX Standard edition with SP2....No problem with battery, displays, engine start or takeoff. Using the 32 bit panel.cfg.

MrZippy
January 12th, 2018, 13:08
Please somebody tell me the nacelle controls.I have tried ctrl num4 and ctrl num6.i have tried the spoiler / key.All to no avail.Is there a setting on the overhead that I am missing?

Cheers chris

CTRL+ Num4 and Num6 work perfectly sitting on the runway in a cold and dark situation. Gotta wait till my joystick arrives before a test flight.

edakridge
January 12th, 2018, 13:50
The Nacelles are controlled by "Aileron Trim". Whatever key or joystick button that you have that set as. Do you have the Nacelle Auto button on or off?

gray eagle
January 12th, 2018, 13:54
Link is broken (inop) - for now.

Read about it and download it here .......
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/mv-22b-osprey-release-2-0.441890/

Package is for FSX-Accell, FSX-Steam, and all P3D versions (including P3Dv4).

NOTE:
Package is pre-configured for P3Dv4 (64bit gauges).
For FSX and P3D-32bit, all you need to do is rename a panel.cfg ....
See included FlightManual for instructions .

Enjoy,

Rob

StormILM
January 12th, 2018, 15:29
Yeah, it seem the bandwidth is exceeded for downloads. Hopefully it will be available again soon.

rcbarend
January 12th, 2018, 16:26
Link is broken (inop) - for now.
Hi,

First, in my OP I referenced to a thread on FS-Developer, who were suddenly in the middle of a forum/server upgrade.
This is solved now.
Second, it appears that the package is too popular ..LoL..., so the Dropbox link doesn't work anymore (generated too much traffic).
I will ask Maryadi to upload the Rel2 package to SOH as well.

As to problems with aircraft initialisation, nacelles control, engines, systems, etc etc :
PLEASE, read the FlightManual first .....

Summerised information on that:
Because this Rel2.0 is completely reworked, it is no longer compatible with flights saved with Rel1.0 (if you use those as a start).
So you have to create new default flights for the MV22B Rel2, for Ready-to-Run and Cold&Dark situations and save those flights for future use.
Reason is, that at aircraft/flight initialisation, the code reads some internal systems data which is NOT saved in the standard FSX/P3D flight files.
So at saving a flight with the MV22B, the codes writes systems-data in an additional flight-save file (with extension .mv22) which is used to load data when you load that flight again.

Additionally, there is a timing "bug" in FSX, which causes some data not to be initialised properly.
Remedy for that: after starting FSX and load a saved MV22B flight, load the flight a second time via the menu (select the flight again, NOT "reset" the flight)

The best way to create saved flights from scratch:
1. Start FSX and create a flight with a default aircraft (like the B737) and make sure it's engines are running.
2. Select the MV22B via the Aircraft menu
3. In the VC overhead panel, make sure all systems (APU (RUN/ENGA), Starterlevers (FLY), MasterBattery, Avionics, etc) are set properly.
4. Check if the aircraft works now
5. Save this as a Ready-to-Run flight.

For a Cold&Dark saved flight:
1. Load the Ready-to-Run flight.
2. In the VC, disable all systems in the Overhead panel and (in the MFD) apply full BladeFold/WingStow after the props have stopped rotating.
3. Save this as Cold&Dark flight.

Why so complicated, you may ask ????
Because the real MV22B has some unique features, which are modelled in this addon release, but are unknown/unsupported in FSX/P3D.

To name just one (apart from the whole VSTOL behavior, rotating nacelles concept and BFWS function):
The MV22B (and this simulation of it) is able to fly on just ONE engine, which drives BOTH proprotors via a gearbox.
This concept is unknown in FSX (where each engine has it's own prop), meaning that none of the standard engine sound structures (start, spoolup,etc) and left/right prop animations can be used.
So this is all implemented with proprietary coding, which needs to be initialised properly at aircraft/flight load.
Trust me, Maryadi created an exceptional piece of art here, modelling all this "unsupported" stuff in FSX/P3D; but it also makes aircraft/systems initialisation very complex.

Rob

jymp
January 12th, 2018, 18:16
Lot of hoops to have to jump through to get Ver 2 flying, Ver 1 was much easier.

rcbarend
January 12th, 2018, 18:57
Lot of hoops to have to jump through to get Ver 2 flying, Ver 1 was much easier.
And the purpose of your post is .... ?????

Well, stick to Rel1 then.
Or use other addons simulating an V22 Osprey; which are even far more easy to jump in and fly ...
And have no "very choppy prop animations" (your comment in the Rel1 thread) ....

* sigh *

Rob

StormILM
January 12th, 2018, 19:48
Hey Jymp! Great to see you here! Yes, it's a few more hoops to jump through to get her flying but it's very rewarding once learned and honestly it's not at all a steep learning curve. I have to say, this is one of the finest freeware models (actually finest FS models period!) that I've ever seen. To Maryadi and Rob (and all others involved), you're all very generous in the work you've done on this model. Personally, I say a huge Thank You!

I know a while back I posted that I have retired from FS. Technically that is still so due to my schedule and a good bit of burnout factoring in and as I noted months ago, I shared this hobby with my late father (who passed nearly a year ago). During his prolonged illness, my introducing him to new models provided him with a good bit of enjoyment while he was forced to stay at home (which I was his caretaker a good bit of that time). His absence & not being able to share it with him now is another reason I don't do this as much anymore but I will always support this hobby in any way I can and keep poking my head in here. Again, Maryadi & Team, Great Job!

kdl
January 12th, 2018, 22:25
Sorry for my ignorance but I don't get the proprotors turning. :banghead:
I read the manual, nevertheless no success. There must be something I'm doing wrong.
Can somebody give me advice, please.

Dieter

kalong
January 12th, 2018, 23:42
first, what is your Sim?

as state at first post, the package are pre-configure for P3D v4.
to use in FSX, in panel folder there 2 file cfg:

panel.cfg >>>> rename this, to panel64.cfg

panel32.cfg >>>> rename this, to panel.cfg
done.

I recommend to rename rather than delete. setting up inside panel(32/64).cfg aren't easy and need precise. with renaming you will not lose anything, even though you have original package.

I made as simple as I can to install the package. if you look inside panel.cfg (using notepad) you can see, what/where *.dll file referring to.

kdl
January 13th, 2018, 01:07
Oh, sorry I forgot to mention, I'm using P3Dv4.
Dieter
Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - P3Dv4

MDIvey
January 13th, 2018, 01:21
[\QUOTE]
Trust me, Maryadi created an exceptional piece of art here

Rob[/QUOTE]

Absolutely ... same true of your part in it Rob. Thanks for summary of key points... hopefully I can get it working.

Matt

Penz
January 13th, 2018, 02:44
Many thanks to Maryadi and the Osprey team!

It's awesome how you keep improving the simulation and find new ways to do "impossible" things. :)

- JP

jymp
January 13th, 2018, 04:11
Hey Jymp! Great to see you here! Yes, it's a few more hoops to jump through to get her flying but it's very rewarding once learned and honestly it's not at all a steep learning curve. I have to say, this is one of the finest freeware models (actually finest FS models period!) that I've ever seen. To Maryadi and Rob (and all others involved), you're all very generous in the work you've done on this model. Personally, I say a huge Thank You!

I know a while back I posted that I have retired from FS. Technically that is still so due to my schedule and a good bit of burnout factoring in and as I noted months ago, I shared this hobby with my late father (who passed nearly a year ago). During his prolonged illness, my introducing him to new models provided him with a good bit of enjoyment while he was forced to stay at home (which I was his caretaker a good bit of that time). His absence & not being able to share it with him now is another reason I don't do this as much anymore but I will always support this hobby in any way I can and keep poking my head in here. Again, Maryadi & Team, Great Job!
Hey Storm, my fellow Piedmont friend !, good to see you here bud, yeah I'm sure it's a fine flying machine, just the older I get the less patience I have with things like this is all.

kalong
January 13th, 2018, 05:02
Oh, sorry I forgot to mention, I'm using P3Dv4.
Dieter
Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - P3Dv4

so then another question:
did you read on manual chapter 1, tell about Microsoft visual studio C++ 2015 redistributable? did it already installed? did it with latest version?

b52bob
January 13th, 2018, 05:09
Marvelous, got her running without reading the manual, got her up in the air and promptly crashed. They say reading the instructions is a man’s last resort. How true.

off to read the manual. Thanks for the wonderful gift to the community. Truly great a prime contender for the hall of fame. Beats most payware out there..

Bob

kalong
January 13th, 2018, 05:28
Hey Storm, my fellow Piedmont friend !, good to see you here bud, yeah I'm sure it's a fine flying machine, just the older I get the less patience I have with things like this is all.

about patience same with me, I actually lazy converting this aircraft that support with P3D v4, lot of things to do, huge download for VS software. I should thanks to MILVIZ that buy the software for me and you all that use this aircraft get for FREE. there more than a patience to make this aircraft work as it now. so if it doesn't work, what should you do?

first:
did you already followed chapter 1 about installation in flight manual? follow on each requirement and installation?

2nd:
still getting trouble? just asking, and tell me what already you did?
I can't help if somebody just ONLY told me that "it's doesn't work", and that all.
I only a Human that can't read someone mind, doesn't know before it happen, doesn't know if something not telling me. so please help me?

Regards,

kalong
January 13th, 2018, 05:41
Marvelous, got her running without reading the manual, got her up in the air and promptly crashed. They say reading the instructions is a man’s last resort. How true.

off to read the manual. Thanks for the wonderful gift to the community. Truly great a prime contender for the hall of fame. Beats most payware out there..

Bob

Hi Bob,

The main aim for the manual is to reduce repetition questions, almost all need and feature are records in manual. Things is not records in manual are something that I not expected in unexpected condition with unexpected system. if you can install, load, fly, save, and end the flight without problem, you no need to read the manual. you can do just "learning by doing".

gray eagle
January 13th, 2018, 06:43
I must of missed reading something in the manual but this bucket will fly (airborne) without and blade animation.
Also, note my comment in second attached photo. The overhead levers, I have to left click and down drag it to make the lever and it move only a small amount with each try.
First pic notes that sim is paused but it flys as you see it in the picture with no blade movement.

https://s9.postimg.org/l8ro3ug5b/Capture.jpg

https://s9.postimg.org/4l061f5z3/Capture1.jpg

kalong
January 13th, 2018, 06:51
I sure you fly this osprey at first time.

please turn you APU switch at RUN/ENGAGE. starter lever blocked because APU at crank position. APU can be stopped after electric power get from engine generator.
flight manual 6.1.5.5 Starter levers (page 20) and PART VI – CHECKLISTS AND FLIGHT CREATION (page 25)

simple procedure: to start engine you need enough power, power that enough for start is came from APU and engine generator. battery power is not enough, but APU can start using battery (if not depleted):

battery >>> APU >>> engine

gray eagle
January 13th, 2018, 07:01
Thanks for the info.
After I posted the above ^, I discovered the fire engine buttons
and noticed the blades rotate. (Red Arrows) Now flys in P3D V3.4 okay :encouragement:

https://s9.postimg.org/750e9b8n3/Capture2.jpg

jymp
January 13th, 2018, 07:04
about patience same with me, I actually lazy converting this aircraft that support with P3D v4, lot of things to do, huge download for VS software. I should thanks to MILVIZ that buy the software for me and you all that use this aircraft get for FREE. there more than a patience to make this aircraft work as it now. so if it doesn't work, what should you do?

first:
did you already followed chapter 1 about installation in flight manual? follow on each requirement and installation?

2nd:
still getting trouble? just asking, and tell me what already you did?
I can't help if somebody just ONLY told me that "it's doesn't work", and that all.
I only a Human that can't read someone mind, doesn't know before it happen, doesn't know if something not telling me. so please help me?

Regards,
Ok, no problem, read the manual, got it flying, In P3D V4, MFD's up, props spinning, all that, you actually have to flip switches and such to get this bird off the ground, we are too spoiled by clicking fly, and off we go.

kdl
January 13th, 2018, 07:20
"Microsoft visual studio C++ 2015 redistributable" is already installed.
BTW, got proprotors running somwhow ...

Dieter

rcbarend
January 13th, 2018, 08:27
I must of missed reading something in the manual but this bucket will fly (airborne) without and blade animation.
Also, note my comment in second attached photo. The overhead levers, I have to left click and down drag it to make the lever and it move only a small amount with each try.
First pic notes that sim is paused but it flys as you see it in the picture with no blade movement.

https://s9.postimg.org/4l061f5z3/Capture1.jpg

Best way to operate the starterlevers (and all dials and rotating/Multi-position switches) with the mousewheel, not ClickAndDrag
Rob

rcbarend
January 13th, 2018, 08:33
No-crash tips:
- Don't use too much engine power for too long
- When in VTOL config, make sure your descent rate doesn't exceed -1500 ft/min to avoid the VRS problem

Note: you can avoid such crashes by clicking the "Special Features" button OFF.

Rob

gray eagle
January 13th, 2018, 08:47
http://i65.tinypic.com/2192li0.jpg

gray eagle
January 13th, 2018, 08:49
Found this video that helps starting the MV22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzKnJgG8aqE

wltaylor
January 13th, 2018, 10:00
Great Aircraft. all works well. Thank you very much for this aircraft Maryadi. Can't seem to get rotor tilt to 0 deg. so autopilot will turn on. Would appreciate any help.

Josh/Heater
January 13th, 2018, 10:20
Great Aircraft. all works well. Thank you very much for this aircraft Maryadi. Can't seem to get rotor tilt to 0 deg. so autopilot will turn on. Would appreciate any help.
Just to knock off the obvious, you are using aileron trim to tilt the nacells, correct?

Just want to make sure for eliminating possible factors.
I have had issues in the past where using the default aileron trim keys didnt work for me. I feel like FSX/p3d get a little weird when it comes to numpad keys. I set the aileron trim to a different binding and is working for me, although i now use a 2-way switch on my throttle to adjust the Nacs, now that i fly it nearly everyday.

wltaylor
January 13th, 2018, 10:27
I am using spoiler axis x axis on throttle control Saitek 52x.

wltaylor
January 13th, 2018, 11:51
Figured it out seems have to be above 200 kns to 0 rotor tilt.

Ulrich-Richard
January 13th, 2018, 12:06
MV-22B_v2
my System :FSX / WIN-7 / 64bit

Dossier :Thread MV22B Rel.1.0 realised
Comment: rcbarend , 2018-01-12 , 20:44h and MrZippy 2018-01-12 , 20:56h

The 4 MFDs can not be turned clockwise. No idea why not ( see following picture )

https://i.imgur.com/fLKDyBY.jpg

Ulrich-Richard

MrZippy
January 13th, 2018, 12:15
MV-22B_v2
my System :FSX / WIN-7 / 64bit

Dossier :Thread MV22B Rel.1.0 realised
Comment: rcbarend , 2018-01-12 , 20:44h and MrZippy 2018-01-12 , 20:56h

The 4 MFDs can not be turned clockwise. No idea why not ( see following picture )

https://i.imgur.com/fLKDyBY.jpg

Ulrich-Richard

ARE you using the middle thumbwheel of your mouse?

gray eagle
January 13th, 2018, 12:18
The engines will (sometimes) shutdown during flight, I find that the throttle control levers have move to off and I have to reset them.

https://s9.postimg.org/86ef3r98f/Capture.jpg

gray eagle
January 13th, 2018, 12:50
http://i66.tinypic.com/6oj6rr.jpg

Edit: I reloaded P3D V3 and selected another V22 and managed to get this screen to respond to the folding blade show. Very nice.

gray eagle
January 13th, 2018, 13:06
The APU switch is not to responsive to my mouse. I see a hand over the switch and left click on it and usually nothing happens (no movement) I usually get lucky and the knob will rotate
a little only once did it rotate to full on. I thought that APU switch was controlled with a left click and it would rotate in increments. I have to really fiddle with it to get it to move and not
always will it rotate. Getting it to the run setting is a bit of a hassle for me. Seems non responsive to left mouse clicks most of the time. Is there a specific hot zone/spot where to place the hand on my mouse cursor?
I place it on the center of the knob and left click and nothing.

https://s9.postimg.org/z9c3f8lrz/Capture.jpg

menef
January 13th, 2018, 13:13
Very nice and sophisticated bird!!! Thank you !!!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57032&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57033&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57034&stc=1

Josh/Heater
January 13th, 2018, 13:16
I am using spoiler axis x axis on throttle control Saitek 52x.

Ah ok, you would have to edit the panel.cfg in order to use spoiler axis instead of aileron trim. Instructions to do so are in the FM somewhere, but because i am not at my home, i cant get you the section number.

Josh/Heater
January 13th, 2018, 13:20
The APU switch is not to responsive to my mouse. I see a hand over the switch and left click on it and usually nothing happens (no movement) I usually get lucky and the knob will rotate
a little only once did it rotate to full on. I thought that APU switch was controlled with a left click and it would rotate in increments. I have to really fiddle with it to get it to move and not
always will it rotate. Getting it to the run setting is a bit of a hassle for me. Seems non responsive to left mouse clicks most of the time. Is there a specific hot zone/spot where to place the hand on my mouse cursor?
I place it on the center of the knob and left click and nothing.

https://s9.postimg.org/z9c3f8lrz/Capture.jpg

Currently almost all switches and knobs only support scroll-wheeling, unlike Rel1.0. This would include MFD brightness knob and APU

The engines will (sometimes) shutdown during flight, I find that the throttle control levers have move to off and I have to reset them.

https://s9.postimg.org/86ef3r98f/Capture.jpg

It sounds like you overloaded the engines. You normally NEVER want to put the TCL (thrust control lever/aka throttle) to full 100%. This model simulates engine overload and the engines will become “damaged" and shutdown.
With engines stated, push your tcl to full, and you will notice th MASTER/ALERT light is illuminated, as well as on the EICAS you will notice that the Ng is near or in the red. When I push up the TCL, ive made it a habit of mine to watch the MASTER/ALERT light when it lights up, after which ill slowly pull back the TCL until it is no longer on.

Maryadi has implemented this feature in a way where it takes about a minute or so before the engines shutoff from overload. In the REAL Osprey, it takes a mere 3-5 seconds of being in the red before engines are seriously damaged!

menef
January 13th, 2018, 13:37
Litltle question : has somebody managed to switch on the rotors blades tips lights?
The control panel is rear far left side of the overhead panel but it seems that it doesn't work... :mixed-smiley-010:

Ulrich-Richard
January 13th, 2018, 13:42
@"...Mr Zippy / 2018-01-13 / 22:15h .."
Thank you very much .
The mouse-wheel , small cause, big effect :

https://i.imgur.com/Gt2VrQh.jpg

(https://imgur.com/Gt2VrQh)Ulrich-Richard

gray eagle
January 13th, 2018, 13:48
Still having issues with the mouse rotating that APU switch to the ON position. I left click on the APU knob, and it doesn't do anything. I have a mouse with a scroll wheel.

Edit: Issued solved. I failed to rotate the scroll wheel to make the APU switch rotate - kept pushing on the wheel - no wonder the APU switch wouldn't move. :adoration:

Josh/Heater
January 13th, 2018, 13:56
Still having issues with the mouse rotating that APU switch to the ON position. I left click on the APU knob, and it doesn't do anything. I have a mouse with a scroll wheel.
As I said before, most knobs only work by using the scroll wheel on your mouse. Left click and dragging does not work on the APU.

You must hover your mouse over the APU Knob and use the middle scroll wheel (without clicking it in i might add) to turn the knob to the RUN/ENGAGE position.

Litltle question : has somebody managed to switch on the rotors blades tips lights?
The control panel is rear far left side of the overhead panel but it seems that it doesn't work... :mixed-smiley-010:
Yessir,
Just in case you weren't aware, there are two switches in the left overhead panel that turn on the blade tip lights.
Looking backwards towards them, the one on the right, is like the "master switch". Left click that to get it into NORMAL position.
The switch on the left is a three way switch; TOP-OFF-BOTTOM. By default, this is in the OFF position. Move the switch into either TOP or BOTTOM, depending on what side you want the blade tip lights to show.

rcbarend
January 13th, 2018, 15:17
In case somebody still misses it:

From the FlightManual:

""
3.5 Mouse clickspots.
Mouse Clickspots in the VC depend on the clickspot type.
In general:
- Buttons are operated with a Left Mouse click.
- Selectors (like: AP AltitudeSelector), multi-position switches (like: APU) and levers (like: Starter levers) are operated with the MouseWheel.
""

Rob

rcbarend
January 13th, 2018, 16:06
Figured it out seems have to be above 200 kns to 0 rotor tilt.
Not quite correct ...

First, since you operate the Nacelles with a Spoiler Axis:
See Part VIII, item-4 in the FlightManual.

The SpoilerAxis needs to be properly calibrated.
Meaning:
It reaches full range between 0 and 100%.
- Calibrate the axis first in Windows.
- In the FSX/P3D menu (Options-Controls) set the Sensitivity of the axis to MAX, and add a small Nullzone if needed.

To test if it's properly calibrated:
- Shut down the engines on the ground, and wait until the proprotors have stopped rotating.
- Observe the value of the nacelles indicator in an MFD (PFD screen, top/left).
- When moving your SPoilerAxis lever over the full range, the nacelles angle should go from 0 to 97 v.v.
- If not: the axis is NOT calibrated properly !!

As to the min. airspeed needed to rotate the nacelles to 0 (APLN mode) in the air:
That depends if the AutoNacelles button is On or Not (Default: ON)
See section 6.1.3.1.14 of the FlightManual.
- When OFF: you can freely set the nacelles to 0 (or any other value) at ANY airspeed (when in the air).

- When ON ("ACT"): the nacelles are limited within the range specified in the fig. at page 26 of the FM.
Meaning that:
oo below 100 Knots airspeed, you cannot command the nacelles to 0 degrees.
oo above 200 Knots airspeed, the nacelles are forced to 0 degrees (APLN mode)
These actual limits are also visualised in the nacelles indicator ; see section 6.1.1.1, bullet "nacelles indicator".

Just another example how detailed this aircraft is modelled according to real-world specs.
And if you allow me to add (again) :smug: : why it's so important to properly read and understand the FlightManual, before flying this MV22B simulation and fully enjoy flying it.

Rob

rcbarend
January 13th, 2018, 16:27
The MV22B Rel2 package now is available in the SOH Warbirds library too.
Section Prepar 3D / P4D Addons.
(one package for FSX, and all P3D versions)

Rob

manfredc3
January 13th, 2018, 20:28
I am one of those new readers of this thread, and downloaded this gem from the SOH site.

I also enjoyed reading this thread from the first post all the way through the one before this post.

This certainly is taking me to a totally different flight sim experience. I know it will be a steep learning curve. YES, I will "Read TFM", lol. Even though I am, like any man, used to "just dive in" to come to the conclusion that reading the manual will help getting to grips with any new "toy", or explain why something is not working the way I thought it would.

But at least I will not blame it on the product, but always say: "the issue is between the keyboard/mouse and the chair". This ends up being true most of the time.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank Maryadi, Rob and anyone else involved in this project for all their efforts in bringing this beautiful rendition to the flight sim community.

menef
January 14th, 2018, 01:01
As I said before, most knobs only work by using the scroll wheel on your mouse. Left click and dragging does not work on the APU.

You must hover your mouse over the APU Knob and use the middle scroll wheel (without clicking it in i might add) to turn the knob to the RUN/ENGAGE position.

Yessir,
Just in case you weren't aware, there are two switches in the left overhead panel that turn on the blade tip lights.
Looking backwards towards them, the one on the right, is like the "master switch". Left click that to get it into NORMAL position.
The switch on the left is a three way switch; TOP-OFF-BOTTOM. By default, this is in the OFF position. Move the switch into either TOP or BOTTOM, depending on what side you want the blade tip lights to show.

My issue was not about moving the switches but after having
placed them in the position stated by the manual there were NO
lights effect in the external view. (Yes the battery switch is ON).
Also formation lights commanded from the EICAS LTS page
don't appear in external view.
(Effect files correctly installed in the effect folder).
(FSX Gold - Windows 7 - 64 bit)

kalong
January 14th, 2018, 01:43
beside the light issue, is other animation, button light, PFD/MFD,CDU works? I just want make sure that dll gauge working.
you can give screenshot if you want

menef
January 14th, 2018, 01:52
beside the light issue, is other animation, button light, PFD/MFD,CDU works? I just want make sure that dll gauge working.

Hello!
I'd have to further check but now I'm out of home...
ASAP I'll do it. THANK YOU

rcbarend
January 14th, 2018, 04:07
I am one of those new readers of this thread, and downloaded this gem from the SOH site.

I also enjoyed reading this thread from the first post all the way through the one before this post.

This certainly is taking me to a totally different flight sim experience. I know it will be a steep learning curve. YES, I will "Read TFM", lol. Even though I am, like any man, used to "just dive in" to come to the conclusion that reading the manual will help getting to grips with any new "toy", or explain why something is not working the way I thought it would.

But at least I will not blame it on the product, but always say: "the issue is between the keyboard/mouse and the chair". This ends up being true most of the time.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank Maryadi, Rob and anyone else involved in this project for all their efforts in bringing this beautiful rendition to the flight sim community.
Thanks for putting things into perspective ...
Cheers, Rob

ReggieC
January 14th, 2018, 04:29
Can you advise which key on the keyboard is the "TAB" key so I can change the values on the EICAS?

Thank you,
Reggie

edakridge
January 14th, 2018, 04:42
Manfred, you have a way with words! I say that most of my problems are caused by the "Loose Nut Behind the Wheel".

MrZippy
January 14th, 2018, 04:51
Can you advise which key on the keyboard is the "TAB" key so I can change the values on the EICAS?

Thank you,
Reggie

It should be just above the Caps Lock key.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57047&stc=1

ReggieC
January 14th, 2018, 05:13
I was looking for it on the FMC panel on the center console of the aircraft.

Thanks,
Reggie

kalong
January 14th, 2018, 05:26
just push and hold TAB key, still holding it, push any other key, a character will show up in EICAS.

wltaylor
January 14th, 2018, 07:15
Thanks Rob for the note on autopilot. I appreciate it. Went in and recalibrated axis and works fine now.

Bill:encouragement:

gray eagle
January 14th, 2018, 07:26
With the APU on, and the CDU & MFD switch ON there are no CRT displays. See red arrows. What did I miss? It is hit and miss with these displays screens
(display/no display)
https://s9.postimg.org/leiutvxof/Capture.jpg

gray eagle
January 14th, 2018, 07:44

Yessir,

I had to use some keys to pan up to find those switches. In a normal overhead view, these switches are not visible within the screen parameters. I have to manipulate some key to move the overhead
view to where those switches are visible.
https://s9.postimg.org/krjy465vj/Capture.jpg

MrZippy
January 14th, 2018, 08:07
I am finding that the switches knobs and levers are functioning fine, if not slowly due to my computer specs. The mouse scroll wheel works way better than trying to use the mouse click and drag method. Yeah, like grey eagle describes, you kinda have to stand on your head and look upside down to find the proptip light switches, but no big deal. Looks great in the outside view.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57054&stc=1

rcbarend
January 14th, 2018, 08:21
With the APU on, and the CDU & MFD switch ON there are no CRT displays. See red arrows. What did I miss? It is hit and miss with these displays screens
(display/no display)

According to your picture, Avionics does not seem to been ON (center button just above StarterLevers)

Don't give up ... you'll get it in the end ...LoL

Cheers,
Rob

gray eagle
January 14th, 2018, 08:22
Yes, the lights do work fine. My point ^ was to make known that on my rig those prop rotor light switches were not within the normal overhead view I saw on my screen. I had to scan upwards to find them.

Obviously, I found the prop rotor light switches
https://s9.postimg.org/z8bswwd5b/Capture.jpg

This is my normal overhead view -
https://s9.postimg.org/nbk6ca61b/Capture.jpg

gray eagle
January 14th, 2018, 08:51
According to your picture, Avionics does not seem to been ON (center button just above StarterLevers)

Don't give up ... you'll get it in the end ...LoL

Cheers,
Rob

Thanks for the help. :encouragement: Slowly, but surely, I am learning where all the bells and switches are. This is one nice and cleverly put together addon :encouragement:
A bit of a challenge and sometimes overwhelming, but as I learn how to operate it, I like it more and more. :adoration:

rcbarend
January 14th, 2018, 08:54
Yes, the lights do work fine. My point ^ was to make known that on my rig those prop rotor light switches were not within the normal overhead view I saw on my screen. I had to scan upwards to find them.

Obviously, I found the prop rotor light switches

In FSX-Accel, I have the same problem.
(there seem to be some subtill deviations between camera positioning in FSX and P3D)

Solution:
You can make a small change in the aircraft.cfg to solve that.
Find line
InitialPbh=-40.0, 0, 0
in section
[CameraDefinition.6]

And change -40.0 into -57.0.
Which will pitch up the camera view a bit more, so you'll see the switches.

Rob

MrZippy
January 14th, 2018, 09:08
(there seem to be some subtill deviations between camera positioning in FSX and P3D)

Solution:
Find line
InitialPbh=-40.0, 0, 0
in section
[CameraDefinition.6]

Rob

Thanks, Rob! No more standing on my head to get to those switches.

UPDATE: Perfect!:encouragement:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57058&stc=1

gray eagle
January 14th, 2018, 09:28
Thanks, Rob! No more standing on my head to get to those switches.

+1 what he said ^ :adoration:

gray eagle
January 14th, 2018, 09:45

Solution:
Find line
InitialPbh=-40.0, 0, 0
in section
[CameraDefinition.6]

Rob

This is view results using those numbers: (not quite there - meaning, those switches are almost viewable -not quite - sacrifice cropping bottom view details.

https://s9.postimg.org/jo9h30427/Capture.jpg

Edit: Suggestion, how about adding another camera view of just those prop rotor tip light switches - add it to the other drop downs in the cockpit views? I'd do it but don't know how.

rcbarend
January 14th, 2018, 11:00
This is view results using those numbers: (not quite there - meaning, those switches are almost viewable -not quite - sacrifice cropping bottom view details.

If I compare the pictures of the overhead camera made by you and Mr. Zippy, you are zoomed in too much.
Try to zoom out to the default 0.4 for that camera.

(you may have saved a flight with the Overhead camera not in default zoom, defined at 0.4; meaning that if you load that flight, it uses the saved zoom, NOT the default from the aircraft.cfg)

Rob

StormILM
January 14th, 2018, 12:00
A video I just finished to show off the model in sim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oua6xTJbWI8

gray eagle
January 14th, 2018, 12:07
If I compare the pictures of the overhead camera made by you and Mr. Zippy, you are zoomed in too much.
Try to zoom out to the default 0.4 for that camera.

(you may have saved a flight with the Overhead camera not in default zoom, defined at 0.4; meaning that if you load that flight, it uses the saved zoom, NOT the default from the aircraft.cfg)

Rob

It's zoomed back max at .030 and can't zoom out any further. My max zoom out is at 0.30
https://s9.postimg.org/uvri2nhnj/Capture.jpg

gray eagle
January 14th, 2018, 12:13
Some of the Repaints here have thumbnails and some don't. I wonder if P3D requires them? How can a thumbnail be made for P3D V3?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=23053&catid=213

menef
January 14th, 2018, 12:29

OK. The rotor tips blade lights now work, but with the light mode switch on NVG ( not on NORMAL as stated by the manual.)
Formation light still not working.
PFD/MFD/CDU seem work, but I don't have much time to well investigate. ( FULL ROTORS STOW work very well.)
VERY NICE ADDON :applause:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57066&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57067&stc=1

Penz
January 14th, 2018, 12:31
Some of the Repaints here have thumbnails and some don't. I wonder if P3D requires them? How can a thumbnail be made for P3D V3?

P3D doesn't use thumbnails.

gray eagle
January 14th, 2018, 12:54
P3D doesn't use thumbnails.

Then why can I see a preview of a texture that doesn't have one? Where is the preview coming from for each texture?

rcbarend
January 14th, 2018, 12:55

Great video !!

rcbarend
January 14th, 2018, 12:57
It's zoomed back max at .030 and can't zoom out any further. My max zoom out is at 0.30
https://s9.postimg.org/uvri2nhnj/Capture.jpg

Did you really change the aircraft.cfg with the new camera def's and reloaded the flight ?? Because it looks exactly like the picture you posted before

Penz
January 14th, 2018, 13:06
Then why can I see a preview of a texture that doesn't have one? Where is the preview coming from for each texture?
What you see in P3D instead of a preview thumbnail is the rotating actual model (textured of course).

Josh/Heater
January 14th, 2018, 13:18

I believe thats the old texture package, i uploaded the version 2 to Simviation. The new texture package i uploaded has custom thumbnails. See below:
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=FSX%2FP3D+Textures+Pack+v2.0+For+Maryadi% 27s+MV-22B+Osprey&x=0&y=0

gray eagle
January 14th, 2018, 13:46
I believe thats the old texture package, i uploaded the version 2 to Simviation. The new texture package i uploaded has custom thumbnails. See below:
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=FSX%2FP3D+Textures+Pack+v2.0+For+Maryadi% 27s+MV-22B+Osprey&x=0&y=0

I'm downloading them now thanks. Some the textures in V1 would not load in P3D - CTD - I modified the title by

title=MV-22B VMM-262 | 44 Flying Tigers >>> original title

title=MV-22B VMM-262 Flying Tigers hi Res >>>> Renamed title

Had to do this on all of them - as they were they would not load in P3D V3 (only preview shows)
somehow by changing the title name P3D would load them into full flying mode.

Josh/Heater
January 14th, 2018, 13:59
Had to do this on all of them - as they were they would not load in P3D V3 (only preview shows)
somehow by changing the title name P3D would load them into full flying mode.

Hmmm that is really strange. Try reinstalling with the textures your downloading now, and let me know if this still happens with the original sim Title

gray eagle
January 14th, 2018, 14:26
Hmmm that is really strange. Try reinstalling with the textures your downloading now, and let me know if this still happens with the original sim Title

Hi,
Correction:
The V2 textures will NOT load. Had to resort to renaming the titles like in V1
title=MV-22B VMM-262 Flying TIgers hi Res
title=MV-22B VMM-262 Flying Tigers low res

Preview is okay
I think that title=MV-22B VMM-262 >>> from here on caused issues with the texture to fully load in P3D | 44 Flying Tigers

Wiil have to rename the other like I had them in V1.
Your VIP loads oKay.

kalong
January 14th, 2018, 14:43
Thanks for the help. :encouragement: Slowly, but surely, I am learning where all the bells and switches are. This is one nice and cleverly put together addon :encouragement:
A bit of a challenge and sometimes overwhelming, but as I learn how to operate it, I like it more and more. :adoration:

obviously this aircraft controlled by 2-3 person, pilot, copilot and engineer/commander, that why some button separate away, honestly all model placement is just like the reference on real manual (obsolete) I have.

kdfw
January 14th, 2018, 16:05
from p3dv4 forum.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/108971-Maryadi-s-MV22B-Osprey-Rel2-0-released?p=1121470&viewfull=1#post1121470

gray eagle
January 15th, 2018, 06:47

Any appreciable difference between version 1 and 2 of your repaints? Except for the VIP bird, I see no difference(s).
Are the textures (repaints) the same as in V 1?
Thanks

Josh/Heater
January 15th, 2018, 06:58
Any appreciable difference between version 1 and 2 of your repaints? Except for the VIP bird, I see no difference(s).
Are the textures (repaints) the same as in V 1?
Thanks

Yes, but nothing too major. This is the changelog copied from V2 textures:
*NEW in V2*
\Added brand new HMX-1 VIP transport texture
\Added custom thumbnails for all aircraft
\Changed descriptions of some aircraft in "details" menu
\Removed duplicate [General] section in aircraft.cfg
\Removed duplicate texture "dragons". Now should just be "vmm_265" texture
folder. If "texture.dragons" is still there, I recommend to delete that folder (not required).

gray eagle
January 15th, 2018, 08:01
Yes, but nothing too major. This is the changelog copied from V2 textures:
*NEW in V2*
\Added brand new HMX-1 VIP transport texture
\Added custom thumbnails for all aircraft
\Changed descriptions of some aircraft in "details" menu
\Removed duplicate [General] section in aircraft.cfg
\Removed duplicate texture "dragons". Now should just be "vmm_265" texture
folder. If "texture.dragons" is still there, I recommend to delete that folder (not required).

Okay, I deleted the dragons testure
what I have now for VMM 265
high and low res versions
title=MV-22B VMM-268 Red Dragons Low Res
https://s9.postimg.org/v14wn0sbz/Capture.jpg

title=MV-22B VMM-268 Red Dragons Hi Res

Is the EP on the tail backwards? The EP on tail of low res looks OK.
https://s9.postimg.org/x5p9o5bz3/Capture1.jpg

Were you the author of the "dragon" texture with MV22 V2 release?

gray eagle
January 15th, 2018, 08:14
Based on research of real VMM 265 dragons VM22 It looks like on the port side of the tail your EP is backwards
unlike picture of real aircraft. Just thought you'd like to know.

Real deal
http://www.aviationwa.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/20150625_USS-BHR_Keith_Anderson_3.jpg

Your paint of same aircraft
https://s9.postimg.org/56v3xkkpr/vmm265.jpg

gray eagle
January 15th, 2018, 11:07
Did you really change the aircraft.cfg with the new camera def's and reloaded the flight ?? Because it looks exactly like the picture you posted before

https://s9.postimg.org/jo9h30427/Capture.jpg
I did use your coordinates and as you can see the results. Yes, I did reload the plane. I tried to change the zoom value and different values in the InitialPbh section.
I tried you solution:
Solution:
Find line
InitialPbh=-40.0, 0, 0
in section
[CameraDefinition.6]

About all I can do (for now) is pan north using Shift + Enter : moves the view up so I can see those switches.

menef
January 15th, 2018, 12:21
HELLO ! While in the VC left seat I've noticed that the panning speed (using the joystick hat switch) is very low as respect with those obtained in the right seat...
Someone knows if there's some number to change in the cfg to have the Captain more happy and faster in looking around? :costumed-smiley-071;)

rcbarend
January 15th, 2018, 13:35
HELLO ! While in the VC left seat I've noticed that the panning speed (using the joystick hat switch) is very low as respect with those obtained in the right seat...
Someone knows if there's some number to change in the cfg to have the Captain more happy and faster in looking around? :costumed-smiley-071;)
The VC right seat is the default VC camera defined in the camera.cfg file, while the left seat VC camera is defined in the aircraft.cfg.
So they are probably different, depending on your defaults.

In my FSX camera.cfg (default) the values are:
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0

In the aircraft.cfg this (under CameraDefinition.4] this is:
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60

So if you make the numbers the same (and add the line PanAccelerator= ) the pan behaviour of both left/right seat camera's will be the same.

Rob

menef
January 15th, 2018, 13:42
The VC right seat is the default VC camera defined in the camera.cfg file, while the left seat VC camera is defined in the aircraft.cfg.
So they are probably different, depending on your defaults.

In my FSX camera.cfg (default) the values are:
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0

In the aircraft.cfg this (under CameraDefinition.4] this is:
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60

So if you make the numbers the same (and add the line PanAccelerator= ) the pan behaviour of both left/right seat camera's will be the same.

Rob
A big THANK YOU!
It's just what I was looking for:very_drunk:

kalong
January 15th, 2018, 16:12
Based on research of real VMM 265 dragons VM22 It looks like on the port side of the tail your EP is backwards
unlike picture of real aircraft. Just thought you'd like to know.

Real deal
http://www.aviationwa.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/20150625_USS-BHR_Keith_Anderson_3.jpg

Your paint of same aircraft
https://s9.postimg.org/56v3xkkpr/vmm265.jpg

that dragon texture would be from me, I doesn't found left side reference when painting the tail. add note in my to do list

kalong
January 15th, 2018, 16:18
OK. The rotor tips blade lights now work, but with the light mode switch on NVG ( not on NORMAL as stated by the manual.)
Formation light still not working.
PFD/MFD/CDU seem work, but I don't have much time to well investigate. ( FULL ROTORS STOW work very well.)
VERY NICE ADDON :applause:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57066&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57067&stc=1

that weird rotor tips button behave.
Formation light, not yet working.

rcbarend
January 15th, 2018, 17:07
To end the confusion on the Rotor tip lights:
"NORMAL" and "NVG" depends on what you look at: the "printed" text in the texture , or the tooltip. Because they are inversed !

To make the rotor tip light visible, you need to click the LightMode switch: it animates to the NORMAL position, but the Tooltip now says "NVG"

Same problem with BladeMode switch: when you mousewheel it down to BOTTOM, the tooltip now says Top.

So for both switches, the printed text in the texture is correct, the tooltip is not ....
:ernaehrung004:
Rob

Victory103
January 15th, 2018, 19:41

Glad to have vid back, where/what scenery for dirt strip?

@kdfw, will your USMC pilot textures (white helmet/tan flightgear) on 2.0?

kdfw
January 15th, 2018, 20:29

@kdfw, will your USMC pilot textures (white helmet/tan flightgear) on 2.0?

yes, this can be reused http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=187&linkid=22522

StormILM
January 15th, 2018, 20:32

It's Camp Mackall & Luzon DZ at Fort Bragg, NC.
The scenery is freeware here: http://www.theairportguys.com/airports/hff.html

Ulrich-Richard
January 16th, 2018, 01:13
The last Samurai

https://i.imgur.com/0XaXIvX.jpg

salutations , greetings , Gruesse

Ulrich-Richard

euroastar350
January 16th, 2018, 01:17
Just want to say a big thank you to everyone involved in this aircraft. I have followed progress since the first previews and I am truly impressed with the work that has been put into this project.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57107&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57108&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57109&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57110&stc=1

Cinevision
January 16th, 2018, 06:31
Excellent work, Maryadi. Still accepting contribution for your team efforts? Let me know. Thx.

rcbarend
January 16th, 2018, 08:21
Excellent work, Maryadi. Still accepting contribution for your team efforts? Let me know. Thx.
Yes, he does ...
See page-3 of the FlightManual

rcbarend
January 16th, 2018, 08:30
Just a little teaser screenshot of the new Rel2-addon (simularly to my Addon4 for Rel1) that I'm working on ...

Cheers, Rob

Ulrich-Richard
January 16th, 2018, 08:32
FSX_MV-22B_v2.0
HMX1

https://i.imgur.com/YHojFW1.jpg

Ulrich-Richard

Victory103
January 16th, 2018, 09:19
Awesome StormILM, another real world place to fly my SOC airframes to.

Thanks kdfw, figured it out as I was looking at moving over the old paints, can't have my Marines wearing USAF gear!

@kalong, I have just a couple of things as I re-learn the -22, the autopilot active modes are overlapped displayed on the PFD. Also, VC sound seems to be low, start sounds are normal once I'm up to speed things get quite inflight.

PhantomTweak
January 16th, 2018, 10:42
can't have my Marines wearing USAF gear!
HECK NO, you can't!
We'd rather go in our undies than the despised AIR FORCE uniforms.
Although I have to admit, when I was in Clark AB, they had 3 things every Marine wants: Great looking girls, fantastic chow halls, and really wonderful barracks. Who could ask for more?

Amazing work Maryadi! Just incredible.

Rob, that new gauge for sling ops is looking great. Can't wait till I can play with it a bit :D

Pat☺

Cinevision
January 16th, 2018, 10:43
Yes, he does ...
See page-3 of the FlightManual

Copy that.

andy277uk
January 16th, 2018, 13:14
Hi Maryadi and Rob,

The model looks fantastic and I am desperate to fly it but.....

Regardless of how I configure the previous aircraft prior to loading, the nacelles remain in horizontal position and refuse to move.

Have combed the manual, tried changing from aileron trim to spoiler axis for control and still nothing.

At a loss. Running P3D v4.1 with registered FSUIPC under Windows 10 on P:\ drive dedicated to P3D

I've got Dino's F-35B and the VTOL gauge works perfectly in that.

Any clue greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Andy

erican2
January 16th, 2018, 13:34
Check num lock on keypad if using the keys ctrl + 4 or 6 for aileron trim.

Seahawk72s
January 16th, 2018, 13:39
Hi Maryadi and Rob,

Regardless of how I configure the previous aircraft prior to loading, the nacelles remain in horizontal position and refuse to move.

Have combed the manual, tried changing from aileron trim to spoiler axis for control and still nothing.

Andy

I too had problems and then just started the engines. It was nice that the nacelles then tilted to 60*.
I still can't manually tilt them so I guess I'm going to flunk flight school.

Seahawk72s
January 16th, 2018, 13:44
If someone would be so kind to package up a couple of saved flights, one with nacelles @ 0*, and another with them @ 60*, everything ready for flight.?
Your fellow pilot trainees would be much appreciative while we work our way thru flight school. I'm going to try a little mayo and mustard on the flight manual
to see if it will help....:banghead:

Postbaer61
January 16th, 2018, 14:45
Hi Maryadi and Rob,

The model looks fantastic and I am desperate to fly it but.....

At a loss. Running P3D v4.1 with registered FSUIPC under Windows 10 on P:\ drive dedicated to P3D

I've got Dino's F-35B and the VTOL gauge works perfectly in that.

Any clue greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Andy

I too had problems and then just started the engines. It was nice that the nacelles then tilted to 60*.
I still can't manually tilt them so I guess I'm going to flunk flight school.

I had the same problem.
Please checked ,if you have another "rcb-gauges / VSTOLControlIPC_Function.xml" in your default gauges folder.
If so, back up,or rename the VSTOLControlIPC_Function.xml file from your MV-22B_Osprey / Panel /rcb-gauges folder.
It seems they block each other and the nacelles rotation doesn't work.

rcbarend
January 16th, 2018, 15:43
I had the same problem.
Please checked ,if you have another "rcb-gauges /
VSTOLControlIPC_Function.xml
" in your default gauges folder.

Maybe this is the answer to such problems !!!!

NEVER, and I emphasize NEVER, should you have a file named VSTOLControlIPC_Function.xml in your main /Gauges/rcb-gauges/ folder.
Not sure how such a file ends up there, because I can't remember ever making an addon that puts this file in the main .../Gauges/rcb-gauges/ folder.

The problem stems from the new gauge-search order in P3Dv4, which is different then in previous P3D versions (and FSX).
In FSX / P3Dv2/3 the program searches first in the local panel folder of an aircraft; however, P3Dv4 appears to search in the main (whatever your assigned as default) /Gauges folder first.
And since I use the filename VSTOLControlIPC_Function.xml in ALL my VSTOL implementations (30+), it means that P3Dv4 may load the wrong .xml file.

No idea why LM has changed the search order in P3Dv4, but it can introduce many problems with loading gauges.
IMHO a bad decision (from a compatibility point-of-view) ....
The "strong" point of FSX / P3Dv2/3 was, that whatever gauge is in your local aircraft panel folder, always has preference over the one in the main/default Gauges folder.
Which makes version control of gauge file versions with the same name a non-issue; unlike in P3Dv4.

Rob

PS: the MV22B Rel2 doesn't require FSUIPC anymore ; but having it installed doesn't do any harm either ...

speedy70
January 16th, 2018, 15:44
Seahawk try the numlock key that was what stopped me from controlling the nacelles.

Cheers Chris

Seahawk72s
January 16th, 2018, 16:07
I had the same problem.
Please checked ,if you have another "rcb-gauges / VSTOLControlIPC_Function.xml" in your default gauges folder.
If so, back up,or rename the VSTOLControlIPC_Function.xml file from your MV-22B_Osprey / Panel /rcb-gauges folder.
It seems they block each other and the nacelles rotation doesn't work.

Thanks, nothing in the main gauges folder.
I am running FSX Acceleration.

rcbarend
January 16th, 2018, 16:45
If someone would be so kind to package up a couple of saved flights, one with nacelles @ 0*, and another with them @ 60*, everything ready for flight.?
Your fellow pilot trainees would be much appreciative while we work our way thru flight school. I'm going to try a little mayo and mustard on the flight manual
to see if it will help....:banghead:
Packaging saved flights is not a solution for such problems, because it will introduce more problems then it solves.
With all possible variations in installed addon's (like scenery).

But if I read this:
""

""
it means that everything works as it should.
If you then still can't move the nacelles up, it means there is a problem with the keys/buttons you have assigned to "Aileron TRIM" . See last section (bullit-4 of the FlightManual)
What if you assign other keys (Not on the Numpad) to "Aileron Trim (left)" and "Aileron Trim (right)" ??

Rob

speedy70
January 16th, 2018, 17:01
Seahawk have you checked the numlock key?

That was what stopped me in FSXA.

Cheers Chris

kdl
January 16th, 2018, 22:44
Sorry for bringing up the problem with the additional textures/liveries that were presented above: -MV-22_Texture_Package_2.0.zip_
I don't succeed to get them displayed im my P3Dv4. (I'm not a flightsimulation beginner, doing these these for many years, but this time no success)
Is there any advice, please?

Greetings
Dieter
Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD each 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - P3Dv4

Josh/Heater
January 16th, 2018, 23:30
Sorry for bringing up the problem with the additional textures/liveries that were presented above: -MV-22_Texture_Package_2.0.zip_
I don't succeed to get them displayed im my P3Dv4. (I'm not a flightsimulation beginner, doing these these for many years, but this time no success)
Is there any advice, please?

Greetings
Dieter
Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD each 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - P3Dv4

Someone else reported that the texture package crashed his P3D v3 with those textures (Gray Eagle is his name i believe). Is this happening to you as well, or are they simply not showing up in P3D list?
If so, could you retrace how you installed it and let me know on this thread?

Ill look into it as well to see if i can find any issues with the package, if so, ill update it on Simviation.

kdl
January 17th, 2018, 02:20
I don't experience a crash/CTD. The texture isn't showing in the P3Dv4 list.
I tried all of your textures from version 2.0 completely- any success.
Now I just choose one texture =>texture.hmx1_01 - no success either.

Installed it in aircraft.cfg like this:

[fltsim.0]
title=Bell-Boeing CV-22B USAF
sim=MV-22B
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=af
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id_color=0xff000000
atc_id=0033
atc_airline=Air Force
atc_flight_number=0033
atc_parking_types=RAMP
ui_manufacturer="Bell-Boeing CV22"
ui_type="USAF"
ui_variation="grey"
ui_typerole="Tilt Rotor"
ui_createdby="Maryadi"
description="First operational Tilt Rotor"

[fltsim.1]
title=Bell-Boeing MV-22B Marines dragon
sim=MV-22B
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=dragon
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id_color=0xffffffffff
atc_id=8830
atc_airline=Marines
atc_flight_number=0000
atc_parking_types=RAMP
ui_manufacturer="Bell-Boeing MV22"
ui_type="Marine"
ui_variation="dragon"
ui_typerole="Tilt Rotor"
ui_createdby="Maryadi"

[fltsim.2]
title=MV-22B HMX-1 01 VIP Transport
sim=MV-22B
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=hmx1_01
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id_color=0xff000000
atc_id=168280
atc_airline=Marines
atc_flight_number=168280
atc_parking_types=RAMP
ui_manufacturer="Bell-Boeing"
ui_type="MV-22B Osprey"
ui_variation="VIP Transport 01"
ui_typerole="Tilt Rotor"
ui_createdby="Maryadi"
description="Marine Helicopter Squadron One (HMX-1) is a United States Marine Corps helicopter squadron"

[fltsim.0] and [fltsim.1] come with the Maryadi-package, [fltsim.2] is yours.
I deleted the | in title=MV-22B HMX-1 01 VIP Transport

Dieter

Victory103
January 17th, 2018, 09:10
No sound issues from the FSX-A users? I get start-up and then nothing, external is fine.

kalong, I know many pages are WIP still, but on the ICING page is the temp in Celsius or Fahrenheit? If you plan to expand the HMD, the system looks like the same we used in the UH-60 if you need any real world help.

JosefK
January 17th, 2018, 10:49
Posting a comment to subscribe to the comment thread. :wavey:

Josh/Heater
January 17th, 2018, 11:07
I don't experience a crash/CTD. The texture isn't showing in the P3Dv4 list.
I tried all of your textures from version 2.0 completely- any success.
Now I just choose one texture =>texture.hmx1_01 - no success either.

Installed it in aircraft.cfg like this:

[fltsim.0]
title=Bell-Boeing CV-22B USAF
sim=MV-22B
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=af
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id_color=0xff000000
atc_id=0033
atc_airline=Air Force
atc_flight_number=0033
atc_parking_types=RAMP
ui_manufacturer="Bell-Boeing CV22"
ui_type="USAF"
ui_variation="grey"
ui_typerole="Tilt Rotor"
ui_createdby="Maryadi"

[fltsim.1]
title=Bell-Boeing MV-22B Marines dragon
sim=MV-22B
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=dragon
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id_color=0xffffffffff
atc_id=8830
atc_airline=Marines
atc_flight_number=0000
atc_parking_types=RAMP
ui_manufacturer="Bell-Boeing MV22"
ui_type="Marine"
ui_variation="dragon"
ui_typerole="Tilt Rotor"
ui_createdby="Maryadi"

[fltsim.2]
title=MV-22B HMX-1 01 VIP Transport
sim=MV-22B
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=hmx1_01
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id_color=0xff000000
atc_id=168280
atc_airline=Marines
atc_flight_number=168280
atc_parking_types=RAMP
ui_manufacturer="Bell-Boeing"
ui_type="MV-22B Osprey"
ui_variation="VIP Transport 01"
ui_typerole="Tilt Rotor"
ui_createdby="Maryadi"
description="Marine Helicopter Squadron One (HMX-1) is a United States Marine Corps helicopter squadron"

[fltsim.0] and [fltsim.1] come with the Maryadi-package, [fltsim.2] is yours.
I deleted the | in title=MV-22B HMX-1 01 VIP Transport

Dieter
Do the Cv-22 and Dragon textures show ok for you? this is strange. Unfotunately I dont have a lot of experience troubleshooting problems like this. The only thing i could possibly think of is maybe the "Show all variations" checkbox isnt checked.
I know this is an obvious thing to say, but double check the texture.hmx-1 folder is in the right place, with 6 files inside of it, plus a backup folder.
Ill keep looking into this, sorry for the trouble.

andy277uk
January 17th, 2018, 12:13
Found the errant rcb-gauges folder.

Now have fully working nacelles.

Pleased to say just had a flight in VR and it looks awesome.

Many thanks for the help Rob.

Andy

Seahawk72s
January 17th, 2018, 14:09
Would it be possible to get a new digital gauge that shows nacelle angle on line one
with airspeed right below it, black or transparent background..?

MrZippy
January 17th, 2018, 14:20
Would it be possible to get a new digital gauge that shows nacelle angle on line one

Your best gauge, by far, is looking over your left shoulder and checking on the nacelle position.

rcbarend
January 17th, 2018, 14:23

Why don't you fly in Spotplane view with the HMD view opened (Re-scaled if you like) ??
Because the HMD already displays this (and a lot more relevant info to be able to fly/maneuver properly in Spotplane view ....)

Rob

kalong
January 17th, 2018, 16:03
No sound issues from the FSX-A users? I get start-up and then nothing, external is fine.

kalong, I know many pages are WIP still, but on the ICING page is the temp in Celsius or Fahrenheit? If you plan to expand the HMD, the system looks like the same we used in the UH-60 if you need any real world help.

future update would be around gauge, including HMD, unfortunately I only have obsolete source (flight manual date 2006), which is slightly differ layout with operational aircraft (compare from photo at airshow).
any help would be appreciated.

kalong
January 17th, 2018, 16:12

you can trick the HMD gauge as it was 2D gauge, even though I not recommend cause it need exact handling.

kalong
January 17th, 2018, 16:14
Found the errant rcb-gauges folder.

Now have fully working nacelles.

Pleased to say just had a flight in VR and it looks awesome.

Many thanks for the help Rob.

Andy

would you please share us how solving nacelles not working? there still some guys have nacelles not working yet.

rcbarend
January 17th, 2018, 16:28
would you please share us how solving nacelles not working? there still some guys have nacelles not working yet.
Hi Maryadi,
Please read my post #124 on page 5.
The problem is the changed gauge search order in P3Dv4; so P3Dv4 might load a VSTOL XML gauge which is either out-dated (== for Rel1), or loads a gauge that is not even created for the MV22B at all.
So of course doesn't know anything about "nacelles".

Seahawk72s
January 17th, 2018, 16:28
future update would be around gauge, including HMD, unfortunately I only have obsolete source (flight manual date 2006), which is slightly differ layout with operational aircraft (compare from photo at airshow).
any help would be appreciated.

Will try it..

rcbarend
January 17th, 2018, 16:37
Will try it..
Try section 6.1.5.8 in the FlightManual (right/bottom switch in the picture)

Seahawk72s
January 17th, 2018, 17:56
you can trick the HMD gauge as it was 2D gauge, even though I not recommend cause it need exact handling.

I don't see how you can resize it........

Seahawk72s
January 17th, 2018, 17:58
See pic as the doors won't open.
Sitting on the ground, engines running, parking brake on.
Tried auto and manual..

rcbarend
January 17th, 2018, 19:13
See pic as the doors won't open.
Sitting on the ground, engines running, parking brake on.
Tried auto and manual..
Mr/Mrs/Miss "Seahawk72s",

With all due respect ...

To keep people in this forum motivated to help other people to solve (real or perceived) "bugs" in this freeware gem, IMHO it would be appropriate that you answer questions asked to you c.q. reply to suggestions made, before asking for new features or post new (perceived or not) problems.
Like:
- Apperantly ? you have solved your problem of not being able to move the nacelles. It would be helpfull if you posted how or what you did wrong. Which may help other users.
- Apperantly ? you have been able to find the HMD switch now after reading the FlightManual, making your request for a NEW GAUGE obsolete.

If you read through page 5/6 (upto this post) of this thread, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Kind regards,

Rob Barendregt

kdl
January 17th, 2018, 23:27
@Josh/Heater (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php/138954-Josh-Heater)
- Cv-22 and Dragon textures show excellent.
- Variations: All other installed airplanes are displayed in each of their different variation liveries.
- texture.hmx-1 folder is placed correctly, with 6 files inside of it, plus a backup folder

Well, I wonder, if there are any other P3Dv4-Users experiencing same problem?

Dieter

Josh/Heater
January 18th, 2018, 00:43
@KDL
That is very strange. Im currently working on the v3 of the package.
If you would like, try and revert your changes to the original Osprey state (meaning all of the folders and aircraft.cfg would be just how it was when it was downloaded). Nothing too much has changed, but who knows, maybe something was out of place and hopefully this fixes it.

If you do decide to try it, let me know whether it fixed any issues or not. Heads up, The package isnt fully ready yet.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x_tyfSjD3zCvEFNo7hkE4AzqKtrG6oin

kdl
January 18th, 2018, 02:04
@Josh

I completely reorganized my Bell MV-22 Osprey installation and now all textures are displayed, thank you.
I used your new textures.

Dieter

Seahawk72s
January 18th, 2018, 05:14
Mr/Mrs/Miss "Seahawk72s",

With all due respect ...

To keep people in this forum motivated to help other people to solve (real or perceived) "bugs" in this freeware gem, IMHO it would be appropriate that you answer questions asked to you c.q. reply to suggestions made, before asking for new features or post new (perceived or not) problems.
Like:
- Apperantly ? you have solved your problem of not being able to move the nacelles. It would be helpfull if you posted how or what you did wrong. Which may help other users.
- Apperantly ? you have been able to find the HMD switch now after reading the FlightManual, making your request for a NEW GAUGE obsolete.

If you read through page 5/6 (upto this post) of this thread, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Kind regards,

Rob Barendregt

Hi Rob,
I've taken the liberty of sending you a PM.

Regards

speedy70
January 18th, 2018, 07:16
Seahawk you still have not answered me.

Did the numlock key enable you to use the controls for the nacelles?

Cheers Chris

Seahawk72s
January 18th, 2018, 07:24
NUMLock was correct so no effect.

I changed button assignments. Intermittent results.

Then I got flights with different nacelle settings.
Editing those I was able to change repaints without a complete reset.

Now I can fly and continue to work on my issues.
No magic solution, yet.

gray eagle
January 18th, 2018, 10:59
Tony,
Don't mean to horn in on your issues, but for me, I used that first suggestion in the manual "PART VIII: Miscellaneous Remarks and SIM controls" - AileronTrim Left (Ctrl + Num4) and AIleron Trim Right
(Ctrl + Right) with the Numlock key on and am able to raise/lower the nacelles. Now, the other alternative suggestion from the manual was Alternatively, you can control the nacelles with a free controller
axis lever or thumb wheel axis, assigned to the FS "Spoiler Axis" function. I'm not sure what that alternative thumb wheel axis is all about but the aileron trim commands work for me, at least in P3D V3.
Hope you get your issues ironed out.
Take care :engel016:

No magic solution, yet.

Josh/Heater
January 18th, 2018, 12:29
@Josh

I completely reorganized my Bell MV-22 Osprey installation and now all textures are displayed, thank you.
I used your new textures.

Dieter

Oh thats great to hear! I still dont know what the issue was. But it may have something to do with the texture.af folder.
In release 2, the CV-22 texture used the folder "texture", which also included all of the other files that the other textures reverted to (like VC and lighting textures). In release 3.0, the CV-22 textures were separated into the new texture.af folder, while the other files that all of the other repaints used were kept in the texture folder. Now im not sure what exactly the issue was, but v2 of the Texture Package didnt correct for this when it installed textures and [fltsim] entries. I believe the cause may have lied somewhere in there.

If anyone else would like to try the v3 texture package, download from this link, and let me know if the textures do not show up in your P3D or FSX.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x_tyfSjD3zCvEFNo7hkE4AzqKtrG6oin

Josh/Heater
January 18th, 2018, 12:32

No magic solution, yet.

This probably doesnt contribute to your issue specifically, But in the Key/button assignment settings, ensure the repeat slider is halfway. I would say put the slider at max, but during my testing in multiplayer, this makes the nacelles very glitchy to other players who have the MV-22 :)

gray eagle
January 18th, 2018, 12:51
I am enjoying flying this aircraft and at first, found it a bit over whelming but taking little steps towards understanding how it functions, we'll get there.
I do have on minor issue and that is with the MFD screen displaying GPS info. I wish that the map had just a little clearer lettering on those airports and
the red lettered navigation points crowd out the blue airport stations, to where it's hard to make out or separate the two or not have them superimposed over
each other. I'm tempted to add my own GPS and assign it to a windows key for clarity of map detail. Other then that, I'm enjoying the challenge of getting this
aircraft started up and either VTOL or STOL takeoff. :encouragement:

https://s9.postimg.org/72tdos3hr/Capture.jpg

gray eagle
January 18th, 2018, 12:58
Looks like the Navy is buying into the V-22 to replace the C-2A COD.

https://news.usni.org/2016/02/05/navys-osprey-will-be-called-cmv-22b-procurement-to-begin-in-fy-2018

(https://news.usni.org/2016/02/05/navys-osprey-will-be-called-cmv-22b-procurement-to-begin-in-fy-2018)

kalong
January 18th, 2018, 14:36
look like it combine opportunity of CV-22 and MV-22. I can see on extended range fuel system, which is CV-22 have more fuel on board than MV-22. CV-22 have more air force stuff (which mean it heavier), while MV-22 have less stuff but strengthened to deal in combat.

rcbarend
January 18th, 2018, 16:04
Hi Rob,
I've taken the liberty of sending you a PM.

Regards
... To which I just replied in a PM ..
I hope this gets "the cold out of the air" (if that's the correct expression in English).

Regards, Rob

rcbarend
January 18th, 2018, 16:13
If anyone detects this little "bug" ....:

"The fadec errors displayed on the center CDU-EICAS panel is correct when the engines are not running, but if you turn the left one off when the engine is running you get an error displayed for the right and vice versa."
I.o.w.: it gives a FADEC warning for the wrong (left/right) engine.

@Maryadi: very minor and simple issue to solve if you ever build a new version of the dll ..LoL

Rob

Seahawk72s
January 18th, 2018, 16:21
... To which I just replied in a PM ..
I hope this gets "the cold out of the air" (if that's the correct expression in English).

Regards, Rob

No more cold air here...:mixed-smiley-010:

Regards,
Tony

kalong
January 18th, 2018, 16:48
If anyone detects this little "bug" ....:

"The fadec errors displayed on the center CDU-EICAS panel is correct when the engines are not running, but if you turn the left one off when the engine is running you get an error displayed for the right and vice versa."
I.o.w.: it gives a FADEC warning for the wrong (left/right) engine.

@Maryadi: very minor and simple issue to solve if you ever build a new version of the dll ..LoL

Rob

yes Rob, still being gathering every issue.

rcbarend
January 18th, 2018, 16:56
This probably doesnt contribute to your issue specifically, But in the Key/button assignment settings, ensure the repeat slider is halfway. I would say put the slider at max, but during my testing in multiplayer, this makes the nacelles very glitchy to other players who have the MV-22 :)
Hi Josh,

Yes, good advice.
This whole issue on controlling the nacelles via keyboard keys / controller buttons is a trade-off between:
- What's possible using a "proxy" function like AileronTrim and/or SpoilerAxis (to control a FS-unknown feature like nacelles tilting).
- Work around the FS-limitations of transferring such specific aircraft configuration data in SharedCockpit and MultiPlayer.
- Combined with the realism of implementing a maximum on nacelles-angle change speed.

Best regards, Rob

Josh/Heater
January 19th, 2018, 01:23
Little off topic from the flight sim world, can anyone tell me why the MV-22 makes a Darth Vader breathing noise when its shutdown? Is it the apu?

If so, would anyone know if FSX/p3d supports external apu sounds (as in you can hear it from outside, and not just VC)? haha

Ulrich-Richard
January 19th, 2018, 03:03
LIGHTING MV-22B_v2.0
my Sytem :
FSX / WIN-7 / 64bithttps://i.imgur.com/YN1wxcS.jpg

Process / Vorgehensweise

Sequence / Reihenfolge

1.) CDU
2.) LTS
3.) Master CTRL / than appropriate settings / dann entsprechende Einstellungen

Ulrich-Richard

fuzz1
January 19th, 2018, 11:44
What a fabulous freeware creation, many thanks to all who made this possible. Just performed my
first flight in FSX-A with no problems and just by using info from this thread. I'll delve into the
impressive manual when time allows to really do this fine bird justice.

One thing, on my aging system I get a dramatic fps hit when in VC view. External views always show
a (locked) 30fps but in VC I frequently drop under 20.

Any tips or tricks to optimize VC performance? I realize there's a lot of glass in the cockpit and no
doubt this contributes to the phenomenon; can any of the displays be adjusted, turned off, changed
to other pages, that may yield meaningful performance increases?

My fsx is already pretty much tweaked to it's maximum finely tuned potential, over the course of many years.

flewpastu
January 19th, 2018, 12:05
Got the paint kit 2.0. there is more detail in this paint kit than in the 1st. More shadows etc, Letourne (hope I spelled that right), added some other details in his repaints that I have transferred to this new paint kit that really give it attention to detail. Im adding some stains etc although not as dirty as my 1st repaints . Here is the 1st to be finished .

Bill

JosefK
January 19th, 2018, 12:08
Got the paint kit 2.0. there is more detail in this paint kit than in the 1st. More shadows etc, Letourne (hope I spelled that right), added some other details in his repaints that I have transferred to this new paint kit that really give it attention to detail. Im adding some stains etc although not as dirty as my 1st repaints . Here is the 1st to be finished .

Bill

Some stains much appreciated! Like flying these Ospreys like they're in the Fleet, not from the factory!

flewpastu
January 19th, 2018, 12:09
A big thank you to all involved in this project. Great model and great time flying it. Im running FSX accel windows 7 pro and have had 0 problems at this time :applause:
again Thank you for all your hard work

Bill

gray eagle
January 19th, 2018, 13:06
I like this one, where can I find it? Looks like a Navy Plane. Don't think Navy has any V-22's officiously commissioned, I know they want to buy into the program.
Thanks

The last Samurai

https://i.imgur.com/0XaXIvX.jpg

salutations , greetings , Gruesse

Ulrich-Richard

flewpastu
January 19th, 2018, 14:45
that's one on my orig ones Gray Eagle, it has some anomalies from the 1st paint kit, im redoing all of my repaints with the new paint kit , that one included .

Bill

P.S. I just need a little time lol

freded
January 19th, 2018, 16:54
Hello Maryadi or Rob,

I have just installed your marvellous Rel. 2.0 of the MV-22 and it looks lovely! I'm running it in P3D v. 3.4.18 and all is well: the engines start and the nacelles rotate, etc.

I have one question though. In Rel. 1.0, I was able to have the PFD and the Map showing up as 2D windows in the Spot view, which I found useful (if Un-prototypical!), especially when hovering to pick up a load.

The additions I made to Panel.cfg (and put on the forum at the time) were as follows:-

[Window Titles]
Window00=PFD/MFD 1
Window01=MAP
... etc.

// PFD FOR EXTERNAL VIEWS

[Window00]
size_mm=512,512
window_size= 256,256
window_pos= 0,0.07
Type=SPECIAL

gauge00=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd, 0, 0, 512, 512 ,1

//--------------------------------------------------------

// MAP FOR EXTERNAL VIEWS

[Window01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
window_size= 256,256
Type=SPECIAL

gauge01=mv-22b!peta, 420, 158, 92, 160

- and they worked well.

But in Re.2.0, neither of them work. I did add Mar_MV22B.dll to the Panel folder, but the best I could do was the produce a black rectangular window where the PFD should be.

Is there a reason for this change of behaviour - preferably one that I could find a workaround for?

Thanks for any help!

Mark

kalong
January 19th, 2018, 17:50
I have one question though. In Rel. 1.0, I was able to have the PFD and the Map showing up as 2D windows in the Spot view, which I found useful (if Un-prototypical!), especially when hovering to pick up a load.

gauge00=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd, 0, 0, 512, 512 ,1

dll gauge change name by adding "_32" or "_64":
Mar_MV22B_32.dll
Mar_MV22B_64.dll

which is dll gauge you being use the name must correct.

kalong
January 19th, 2018, 17:54

Bill

thanks to youtube guys that give tutorial about Ambient Occlusion (AO), it bit pain full when setting up to get right AO(as I already mapping it), but it worth with what I get.

JosefK
January 19th, 2018, 19:50
that's one on my orig ones Gray Eagle, it has some anomalies from the 1st paint kit, im redoing all of my repaints with the new paint kit , that one included .

Bill

P.S. I just need a little time lol

Can you also please do VMM-165 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMM-165) and VMMT-204 the training squadron please? Thanks! Especially as I got to see VMM-165 a few Seafairs ago (https://www.flickr.com/search/?sort=date-taken-desc&safe_search=1&tags=vmm165&user_id=63422257%40N08&view_all=1)!

freded
January 20th, 2018, 04:01
dll gauge change name by adding "_32" or "_64":
Mar_MV22B_32.dll
Mar_MV22B_64.dll

which is dll gauge you being use the name must correct.

Hi Maryadi,

I just tried adding '_32' to Mar_MV22B.dll but the PFD and Map still do not show in Rel.2.0.

Here's a Screen Grab to show what I get:-

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57221&stc=1

Any more ideas? It seems strange that it works in Rel.1.0, but not in 2.0 Is there a reason for this?

Regards and congratulations on a very fine simulation!

Mark

freded
January 20th, 2018, 04:15
Hi Maryadi,

I just tried adding '_32' to Mar_MV22B.dll but the PFD and Map still do not show in Rel.2.0.

Here's a Screen Grab to show what I get:-

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57221&stc=1

Any more ideas? It seems strange that it works in Rel.1.0, but not in 2.0 Is there a reason for this?

Regards and congratulations on a very fine simulation!

Mark

Hi again Maryadi,

Suddenly the PFD is now showing! I think I had the main PFD turned off...

But the Map does not appear.That's not really important to me.

Sorry to have bothered you

Regards,

Mark

kalong
January 20th, 2018, 04:35
just curious, why not use HMD?

Josh/Heater
January 20th, 2018, 05:04
Freded,
use your mouse wheel to turn on the displays in VC. Maybe it wont be black on the 2d panel... or use the HMD like maryadi said lol

JosefK
January 20th, 2018, 11:48
Is there going to be a Version 2.1? Just curious....

freded
January 20th, 2018, 14:54
Freded,
use your mouse wheel to turn on the displays in VC. Maybe it wont be black on the 2d panel... or use the HMD like maryadi said lol

Hi Josh & Maryadi,

Does HMD refer to Head-Mounted Display? Because if so, then I don't have that device.

As I said in my second posting, the MFD 2D window now works:-

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57243&stc=1

Another question: Is there some way of assigning a keyboard input for the Hoist View? It's a pain having to go into Views – NewView – Cockpit - HoistView every time, and although hitting ] will close the view, hitting [ won't open it.

And I miss the read-out in the Hoist View showing your height AGL and the distance the hook is above ground. And there's no HH indication either. Maybe Rob is working on this?

Cheers,

Mark

PhantomP
January 20th, 2018, 15:16
Hi freded can you please post your panel entry fix for the pop up HMD for the Osprey.Thanks:encouragement:

rcbarend
January 20th, 2018, 15:21
And I miss the
read-out in the Hoist View showing your height AGL and the distance the hook is above ground. And there's no HH indication either. Maybe Rob is working on this?

Yes. See post #114
Will also include auto-opening of a new camera view with the Hoist camera in it.

Rob

PhantomP
January 20th, 2018, 15:44
Sounds great Rob,I can't wait for the finished version.Thanks

kalong
January 20th, 2018, 18:23
Hi Josh & Maryadi,

Does HMD refer to Head-Mounted Display? Because if so, then I don't have that device.

yes, HMD refer to Head-Mounted Display. but we not talk about device. see on manual page 20 at 6.1.5.8 Night Vision Goggle/Heads Up Display (NVG/HUD)
that HMD intended use at outside view, which give more info to user that like to see the aircraft performing at outside view.
but if 2D intended for 2nd, 3rd physical monitor you can use 2D MFD as you did.

kalong
January 20th, 2018, 18:28
Is there going to be a Version 2.1? Just curious....

what update you expecting?

JosefK
January 20th, 2018, 18:43
None in particular, but with all these complaints.............................

kalong
January 21st, 2018, 00:16
so far I have 7 complaint, that in my opinion it still at minor issue range. there would be an update in future, but not in the near future, except there critical problem that need fix ASAP.
must take a breath and do my hobby... flying in Sim.
honestly developing aircraft spent lot of my free time. just a several flight I can do, other than that is creating and fixing. 3 years so far.

freded
January 21st, 2018, 00:59
Hi freded can you please post your panel entry fix for the pop up HMD for the Osprey.Thanks:encouragement:

Hi PhantomP,

Is this what you meant by HMD? If so, here it is:-

[Window Titles]
Window00=PFD/MFD 1 <- Add this line to [Window Titles]

Add the following ABOVE [Window10]

[Window00]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm= 512,512
window_size= 256,256
window_pos= 0,0.07
Type=SPECIAL

gauge00=Mar_MV22B_32!mar_pfd, 0, 0, 512, 512 ,1

This will produce a rectangular window at the top left corner of your screen and, providing the left-side PFD is illuminated (little rotary switch at its top left corner set to Night or Day), the PFD will appear when you hit Shift-1.

Hope it works for you - it does for me!

PhantomP
January 21st, 2018, 01:01
Thanks Mark.:encouragement:

freded
January 21st, 2018, 01:02
Yes. See post #114
Will also include auto-opening of a new camera view with the Hoist camera in it.

Rob

Hi Rob,

That's great news!

I found your previous reference to it.

freded
January 21st, 2018, 01:28
so far I have 7 complaint, that in my opinion it still at minor issue range. there would be an update in future, but not in the near future, except there critical problem that need fix ASAP.
must take a breath and do my hobby... flying in Sim.
honestly developing aircraft spent lot of my free time. just a several flight I can do, other than that is creating and fixing. 3 years so far.

Hi Maryadi,

You are an amazing guy! Utterly devoted to this hobby to which you have contributed so much. We are all in your debt!

Which brings me to my main point: I have just tried to send you a donation using the address you provide in the Flight Manual (maryadi.atc@gmail.com), but it was rejected as "not requiring authentication and may be an attempt to trick you" unless I agreed to allow it. When I hit 'Yes', the Firefox screen went blank! Have you had this problem before?

Hope you can fix it!

Ulrich-Richard
January 21st, 2018, 02:37
Hello Kalong,

I was a little skeptical at first, as you know.
But in the meantime I have to say
chapeau

Greetings , herzliche Gruesse

Ulrich-Richard

kalong
January 21st, 2018, 05:21
Hi Maryadi,

You are an amazing guy! Utterly devoted to this hobby to which you have contributed so much. We are all in your debt!

Which brings me to my main point: I have just tried to send you a donation using the address you provide in the Flight Manual (maryadi.atc@gmail.com), but it was rejected as "not requiring authentication and may be an attempt to trick you" unless I agreed to allow it. When I hit 'Yes', the Firefox screen went blank! Have you had this problem before?

Hope you can fix it!
freded, I don't know much with the paypal. I didn't familiar with paypal as I rare use this online payment. another problem I can't withdraw it, due to my name against security protocol. my name is ONLY one word, which is security protocol MUST two word, then bla bla bla ... never mind don't mention it. in other side, I still can use it to buy/donates online.

Hello Kalong,

I was a little skeptical at first, as you know.
But in the meantime I have to say
chapeau

Greetings , herzliche Gruesse

Ulrich-Richard

Thanks, for your trust. if only me that would be impossible, but I have several friends that help and support me, so there nothing impossible.

BTW: unfortunately, google translate doesn't know chapeau meaning.

flewpastu
January 21st, 2018, 05:24
almost done, added some lines for doors and main body, added rivits and a little dust and dirt and oil but not too much, gave some of the body panels some depth

and did a little interior addons (port and starboard portals) plus added a floor . GREAT job on this project Maryadi. I appreciate the hard work that went into this, my hats off to you and others that helped you.

Bill

flewpastu
January 21st, 2018, 05:25
some more pics

flewpastu
January 21st, 2018, 05:26
and a few more

Seahawk72s
January 21st, 2018, 05:41
and a few more

Nice touches...

flewpastu
January 21st, 2018, 06:01
Thanks Tony, I finished 3 paints on the seahawk, still working on the panels, I PM'd you a while ago to give u the status ?. how is the MFD display coming ?. not to hijack this thread lol

Bill

Ulrich-Richard
January 21st, 2018, 06:02
Hello Kalong ,

chapeau ,

ça veut dire / that means :

je retire mon chapeau à votre grande réussite -

I take my hat off to your great achievement

Ulrich-Richard

PS.: I live here in the region Soth Germany -Switzerland - Austria - France

kalong
January 21st, 2018, 06:25
Thanks again.

Wow that a nice place, hope I can go there if time permit.

in SIM, I very often fly to Zurich (using TU-144), then take medium aircraft (learjet) heading to LSPM for challenging approach.

flewpastu
January 21st, 2018, 06:35
almost forgot, I redid the spec sheet, seems that the objects on the spec sheet were not aligned to the texture sheets, you can only tell when sunlight hits the fuselage at certain angles. then there would be 2 objects that could be seen, now they are aligned to fit the main texture sheets, minor detail . Thanks again Maryadi

Bill

kalong
January 21st, 2018, 06:42
ah ... yes, I forgot to adjust spec texture ...
added to my correction to do list
Thanks Bill

flewpastu
January 21st, 2018, 08:06
Maryadi, I noticed that you have spec sheets for the interior but no spec sheets for the exterior . Just curious , will the model be able to accept spec sheets for the exterior (is it enabled ?). Trust me I am a novice on these matters . Just curious if a spec sheet could be made and used on the exterior or if there was a reason why you didn't do one.

Bill

flewpastu
January 21st, 2018, 08:33
wow just had a moment, I do have spec sheets for the fuselage , not sure what I was thinking. I guess going over 50 is true lol. no insult to anyone here over 50 .

Bill

flewpastu
January 21st, 2018, 08:42
OK I recovered, I meant to say BUMP maps for the fuselage , you have them for the interior but not the exterior. sorry for the confusion on my part. Im just curious

Bill

rcbarend
January 21st, 2018, 08:46
wow just had a moment, I do have spec sheets for the fuselage , not sure what I was thinking. I guess going over 50 is true lol. no insult to anyone here over 50 .

Bill
None taken ....LoL
I'm 64 and I don't want to scare you .... But it gets worse ......:dizzy:

Cheers, Rob

MrZippy
January 21st, 2018, 08:58
None taken ....LoL
I'm 64 and I don't want to scare you .... But it gets worse ......:dizzy:

Cheers, Rob

I've got you beat by 5 years! Just wait till your hair falls out!:dizzy::pop4:

Charlie

flewpastu
January 21st, 2018, 09:26
yeah I was afraid of that lol

Bill

MrZippy
January 21st, 2018, 09:53
Well, testing of the inverted-flight tanks and systems went as good as expected! Sure could have used a couple of barf-bags. Sorry about the cockpit....I'll clean it up later:encouragement:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57290&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57291&stc=1

rcbarend
January 21st, 2018, 15:26
Well, testing of the inverted-flight tanks and systems went as good as expected! Sure could have used a couple of barf-bags. Sorry about the cockpit....I'll clean it up later:encouragement:

Now try flying inverted at 50-100 knots with nacelles at 60 or so.
You need to switch off the AutoNac and SpecialFeatures buttons when trying ....

PS:
Ohhh.... tried it myself, and just realised (after looking into my code) that I never modelled inverted flight in VSTOL config ... (like I did for all my recent Harriers implementations).
So it looks a bit odd now ...When flying inverted and in STOL config (so part of the thrust is pointing upward instead of downward) altitude still increases instead of falling down like a brick ... LoL
Oh well, next version maybe ...

Although I wonder how a real Osprey will behave doing such a inverted-flight maneuver in Conversion/VTOL config; probably crash immediately ?? (maybe the systems would even prevent such a maneuver, I don't know)

Rob

kalong
January 21st, 2018, 16:01
OK I recovered, I meant to say BUMP maps for the fuselage , you have them for the interior but not the exterior. sorry for the confusion on my part. Im just curious

Bill

As I state in fsdeveloper.com, external model not much updated to keep old livery always can used.
Added to my to do list.

freded
January 21st, 2018, 16:03

Bill

Hi Bill,
You're only 'over 50'?! What a kid! Just you wait, it's all downhill once you get to 80! Still got most of my marbles but not as smart or quick as I used to be... But I can (slowly) cope with FS/P3D - even Maryadi's MV-22.
So take heart all you youngsters, if an old f*rt like me can fly it it'll be a doddle for you! :redfire:

flewpastu
January 21st, 2018, 16:34
Nice freded, I’ll keep that in mind lol :jump:

Bill
p.s. I feel old now , what it’s gonna be like if I make it TO 80 LOL

Ulrich-Richard
January 22nd, 2018, 04:25
Landing lights

In the MV-22B_v1 the landing lights were to be handled with Crtl-L.
What comination is required in the MV-22B_v2 ?
Ctrl + L is not permanent in my case .

https://i.imgur.com/NAKE7Bs.jpg

Thanks

Ulrich-Richard

kalong
January 22nd, 2018, 04:57
see FM: 6.1.2.4.11 LIGTHING SYSTEM. page 17-18

landing light at menu2

andy277uk
January 22nd, 2018, 05:43
Hi again,

In the hover I seem to have lots of roll authority (I take it due to the lateral thrust layout), reasonable fore-aft but very little yaw pedal, with one-two degrees per sec. Makes maneuvering in the hover quite exciting sometimes!

Tried adjusting the flight dynamics in the normal manner, but I assume these are within the VSTOL gauge?

Any way for me to increase the yaw response please?

Many thanks

Andy

Ulrich-Richard
January 22nd, 2018, 05:50
Maryadi ,

thank you very much .

Landing-Lights and Navigation-Lights

LTS / Menue-1 and Menue-2

https://i.imgur.com/f5mvX6p.jpg

Greetings

Ulrich-Richard

freded
January 22nd, 2018, 08:17
Hi again,

In the hover I seem to have lots of roll authority (I take it due to the lateral thrust layout), reasonable fore-aft but very little yaw pedal, with one-two degrees per sec. Makes maneuvering in the hover quite exciting sometimes!

Tried adjusting the flight dynamics in the normal manner, but I assume these are within the VSTOL gauge?

Many thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

I have a similar problem: the MV-22 tends to roll to starboard even with no wind and stick calibrated. That too makes the hover hard to control. This happened in Rel1 too. Maybe it’s my system?
Does anyone else have this problem?

rcbarend
January 22nd, 2018, 08:37
Hi again,

Many thanks

Andy
Yes, there is. Just a programmed parameter in the VSTOL gauge.
I've measured it, and at present it's exactly 2 degrees/sec at full rudder deflection.

If you have a better real-world value, (like 4-6 degrees/sec or so??) I'l gladly change it.
Note though that the MV22B is NOT a smalll helicopter ....

Rob

rcbarend
January 22nd, 2018, 08:59
I have a similar problem: the MV-22 tends to roll to starboard even with no wind and stick calibrated. That too makes the hover hard to control. This happened in Rel1 too. Maybe it’s my system?

Not with me.

But to make sure this isn't perception:
1. Make sure the left/right tanks contain an equal amount of fuel.

If still the same problem:
2. In the panel.cfg, disable the gauge:
gauge03=rcb-gauges!VSTOL_Jitter, 0,0
This removes all "random" turbulance and groundeffect.

If still the same:
3. In menu Options-Controls, set the Nullzone of the Ailerons axis to Max., so you are sure that with a centered stick there is no Aileron axis input.
Also, make sure that there is no other controller axis is assigned to Ailerons.

Does any of this solve the problem; and if so: what ?
On my system, the Osprey hovers on the spot for more then a minute (if 1. and 2. is applied, speed and pitch 0, centered stick, and no wind)

Rob

PhantomTweak
January 22nd, 2018, 11:11
Just my 2 bits on the roll "thing": It doesn't do it to me at all. I can make it hover relatively well (for me, anyway :biggrin-new: )
I can even hover over a fixed point on the ground for a few seconds. Without any adjustments or changes.
My joystick settings are jut a touch left of full on the Sensitivity, just a touch right of full left on the Null zones.

I haven't tried the inverted stuff yet, although I'd wager that it's one of those "prohibited maneuvers", especially low, slow, and nacelles up. Barrel roll, maybe, as long as you have positive G all the way round, like Bob Hoover's famous Iced Tea pouring video. I sincerely doubt it has anything resembling the inverted flight tanks most fighters have, though. Probably not stressed for it, either. It aint no fighter, folks :D

Have fun! I sure is :D
Pat☺

freded
January 22nd, 2018, 11:13
Not with me.

But to make sure this isn't perception:
1. Make sure the left/right tanks contain an equal amount of fuel.

If still the same problem:
2. In the panel.cfg, disable the gauge:
gauge03=rcb-gauges!VSTOL_Jitter, 0,0
This removes all "random" turbulance and groundeffect.

If still the same:
3. In menu Options-Controls, set the Nullzone of the Ailerons axis to Max., so you are sure that with a centered stick there is no Aileron axis input.
Also, make sure that there is no other controller axis is assigned to Ailerons.

Does any of this solve the problem; and if so: what ?
On my system, the Osprey hovers on the spot for more then a minute (if 1. and 2. is applied, speed and pitch 0, centered stick, and no wind)

Rob

Thanks Rob, I'll try that shortly. Just got home from hospital after cataract surgery so don't feel like doing much right at the moment!:blind:
Maybe tomorrow I'll go through your suggestions.

andy277uk
January 22nd, 2018, 12:09
Thanks Rob, glad I'm not hunting another issue down.

I've had a look at a display on youtube where the yaw rate was in the order of 30 degree per second. I can see at that rate with the roll sensitivity I'd come to grief quite quickly!

It's quite a fascinating vehicle to watch maneuver, a much more agile aircraft than you would think.

Many thanks

Andy

rcbarend
January 22nd, 2018, 12:59
Thanks Rob, glad I'm not hunting another issue down.

I've had a look at a display on youtube where the yaw rate was in the order of 30 degree per second. I can see at that rate with the roll sensitivity I'd come to grief quite quickly!

It's quite a fascinating vehicle to watch maneuver, a much more agile aircraft than you would think.

Many thanks

Andy
Hi Andy,

Do you have a link to that video ??

Cheers, Rob

*edit* I was wrong. Can't do the math anymore ..(age ..LoL)
On my system it isn't 2 degrees / sec but 12 degrees/sec (30 sec for a full 360 circle). So about half of what you observed.
Which could very well be possible.

But if you observe only 1-2 degrees/sec on your PC: are you sure your rudder (pedals) work OK c.q. are well-calibrated ??
If you PM me your EMail address, I can send you a small test gauge that measures the exact % of rudder input..

PhantomTweak
January 22nd, 2018, 13:18
Thanks Rob, I'll try that shortly. Just got home from hospital after cataract surgery so don't feel like doing much right at the moment!:blind:
Maybe tomorrow I'll go through your suggestions.
Glad you're home and doing...relatively well, let's say. :encouragement:
Don't feel too bad. I lost my left eye back in 1992. Just be VERY careful.
If the eye you got surgery on is covered for now, remember some things. You have no depth perception now. Watch out for walking into corners you're trying to go around, you'll have real fun picking things up (you'll miss a lot :D), and there's no catching things thrown to you. Trust me on these.
Driving, if you do, will be dangerous now. Practice getting close to other cars, limit lines, stop lites, or things like that, in a relatively empty parking lot. Slowly. Going around corners, too. You WILL jump curbs, Makes my wife nuts when I do that. With practice, you'll be just as good as you ever were.

Good luck to ya! Surgery is never fun, and the older, the worser. Get better soonest!
Just so you know, a damp cloth, as warm as you can stand it, really helps the pain in the eye. First couple weeks, I practically lived with a warn, damp, cloth held up on my eye. :dizzy:
Fun times.
Pat☺

Andy,
Check that your yaw damper is NOT engaged. Ctrl+D is the key combo to toggle it. If your yaw rate is slow, try toggling it and see if it makes any difference.
Just a thought...
Pat☺

MrZippy
January 22nd, 2018, 13:33
OK, Zippy is done with the inverted flight tests. She passes with flying colors...colours....crullers. I think the last one is a doughnut:dizzy:

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/22/upsidedown.md.jpg (http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/G9Tv)

rcbarend
January 22nd, 2018, 13:53
OK, Zippy is done with the inverted flight tests. She passes with flying colors...colours....crullers. I think the last one is a doughnut:dizzy:

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/22/upsidedown.md.jpg (http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/G9Tv)
That is what I mean; makes no sence ..LoL
Should be falling out of the sky like a brick ....

Josh Patterson
January 22nd, 2018, 15:02
Naw, the extremely skilled pilot obviously pulled reverse pitch on the props/rotors just to show ol' Shawn D how aerobatics are REALLY performed!! :encouragement:

strykerpsg
January 22nd, 2018, 15:13

Not certain if you are being sarcastic, but current generation helicopters are very much able to do loops/donuts for about last 20 years or so. Sustained inverted flight? Your comment would make sense.

rcbarend
January 22nd, 2018, 15:40
Not certain if you are being sarcastic, but current generation helicopters are very much able to do loops/donuts for about last 20 years or so. Sustained inverted flight? Your comment would make sense.
No, not being sarcastic at all .....
And Yes, I was referring to sustained inverted flight in VTOL configuration.

In my current implementation I forgot to model that, so now it IS possible to fly inverted in VTOL continuously. Which makes no sense ..;)
Just a shortcomming of my current VTOL implementation (for this Osprey) .

Rob

strykerpsg
January 22nd, 2018, 15:52
No, not being sarcastic at all .....
And Yes, I was referring to sustained inverted flight in VTOL configuration.

In my current implementation I forgot to model that, so now it IS possible to fly inverted in VTOL continuously. Which makes no sense ..;)
Just a shortcomming of my current VTOL implementation (for this Osprey) .

Rob
LOL! Thanks. I assumed you meant sustained, but some people just don't realize some of the advances. Looking forward to your tweaking. Admittedly, since I have not finished tweaking my HOTAS setup, I have not tried this beauty. However, with upcoming extended leave of absence, I suspect I will very get to enjoy the labor of your FDE and Maryadi's labor of love.

rcbarend
January 22nd, 2018, 16:15
LOL! Thanks. I assumed you meant sustained, but some people just don't realize some of the advances. Looking forward to your tweaking. Admittedly, since I have not finished tweaking my HOTAS setup, I have not tried this beauty. However, with upcoming extended leave of absence, I suspect I will very get to enjoy the labor of your FDE and Maryadi's labor of love.
Not sure if/when I'm going to model this (exceptional) flight behaviour, because it's rather complex to model with some form of realisme.
Apart from the fact that I don't even know what "realisme" is, when trying inverted flight in VTOL config in a real Tiltrotor aircraft ...LoL

Reason: in my gauge calculations and "overwriting" the FDE, I can only command lon/lat/vert. speed relative to the aircraft axis, not earth axis.
So these should be dependant on current pitch and bank attitude.
This is modelled now, but not for inverted flight.

Cheers, Rob

freded
January 22nd, 2018, 16:57
Glad you're home and doing...relatively well, let's say. :encouragement:
Don't feel too bad. I lost my left eye back in 1992. Just be VERY careful.
If the eye you got surgery on is covered for now, remember some things. You have no depth perception now. Watch out for walking into corners you're trying to go around, you'll have real fun picking things up (you'll miss a lot :D), and there's no catching things thrown to you. Trust me on these.
Driving, if you do, will be dangerous now. Practice getting close to other cars, limit lines, stop lites, or things like that, in a relatively empty parking lot. Slowly. Going around corners, too. You WILL jump curbs, Makes my wife nuts when I do that. With practice, you'll be just as good as you ever were.

Good luck to ya! Surgery is never fun, and the older, the worser. Get better soonest!
Just so you know, a damp cloth, as warm as you can stand it, really helps the pain in the eye. First couple weeks, I practically lived with a warn, damp, cloth held up on my eye. :dizzy:
Fun times.
Pat☺

Andy,
Check that your yaw damper is NOT engaged. Ctrl+D is the key combo to toggle it. If your yaw rate is slow, try toggling it and see if it makes any difference.
Just a thought...
Pat☺

Hi Pat,

Very sorry to hear about your left eye. Was it an accident?

I’m already noticing my lack of depth perception! Being very cautious when walking. But I’m certainly not going to drive till my vision is better.

Thanks for the hot damp cloth tip. I’ll try it if the eye hurts.

Take care!

strykerpsg
January 22nd, 2018, 17:33
Not sure if/when I'm going to model this (exceptional) flight behaviour, because it's rather complex to model with some form of realisme.
Apart from the fact that I don't even know what "realisme" is, when trying inverted flight in VTOL config in a real Tiltrotor aircraft ...LoL

Reason: in my gauge calculations and "overwriting" the FDE, I can only command lon/lat/vert. speed relative to the aircraft axis, not earth axis.
So these should be dependant on current pitch and bank attitude.
This is modelled now, but not for inverted flight.

Cheers, Rob

We have total faith and confidence you will either figure it out specifically or as close to realistic as is allowable.

PhantomTweak
January 22nd, 2018, 21:48
Hi Pat,

Very sorry to hear about your left eye. Was it an accident?
Yes. I ran into a horse on my motorcycle in Yuma, a 1978 Yamaha Police Special. Looked just like the bikes on CHiPS, back when. Wild horses run free there. This particular (black) horse ran free, right out in front of my bike, at 60 MPH. It was just before dawn, the Monday before Thanksgiving, and I was heading out to work. Hour drive each way, each day, 12 hour shift. Nice, huh? I don't remember much after he turned the white blaze on his face toword me, until a couple guys found me, walking in circles picking up pieces of the bike. Piecing it together afterwards, they figure he reared at the last second, rode the forks and front fairing up, and scraped me off the bike. If not, I would have hit him square on, probably killing me. We went bouncing down the highway. I figure my head ricocheted off the highway centerline a few (dozen) times. Big yellow stripe down the side of my helmet. I still have it as a memento. Anyway, it knocked my retina loose, and cataracted the lens over. Took about a week to fully take effect.
They tried to stick the retina back up with what then was a new device, the scleral buckle it's called. A ziptie for the retina, essentially, that holds it to the inner surface. Laser tacked it in place as well. They pulled the lens out too. Too badly damaged. The morning after the operation, though, the retina tore loose, and now looks, the doctor told me, like a wad of paper in the bottom. I was stoned out of my mind on pain meds during the exam, and threw up down the female intern's blouse. Really nice cleavidge, iirc. So, the ball is still there, physically, but no retina, or lens. Apparently they nicked the nerve to the pupil, as well, and it no longer closes. Stuck as wide open as it gets.

By the way, the horse died at the scene, after thrashing around in the ditch beside the road for about a half hour. No one could put it down, because of the Az laws. Only BLM could do that, and they were over an hour away. So it layed in the ditch, thrashing around, slowly drowning in it's own blood.
I am the only person I know of, however, that's ever killed a horse with his chest. Marines :D

Good luck yo you, Mark. Hope you feel better soonest, and the operation works as advertised. Me, I died on the table for about 10 min. Don't remember a thing, though.

Pat☺

Andy,
Any luck, yet, on the yaw thing?
Pat☺

We have total faith and confidence you will either figure it out specifically or as close to realistic as is allowable.

Yes Rob!
You make things with the very greatest level of realisme :biggrin-new:
Pat☺

rcbarend
January 23rd, 2018, 07:13
Andy,
Any luck, yet, on the yaw thing?
Pat☺

Just had another user test this on both FSX-SE and P3Dv4; same results as me on FSX-Accel.
So appr. 30 sec for a full 360 turn with full rudder.

Yes Rob!
You make things with the very greatest level of realisme :biggrin-new:
Pat☺
Thanks for the appreciation and faith ...LoL

Rob

PS: Nested Quotes doesn't appear to work on this forum

andy277uk
January 23rd, 2018, 10:28
Hi again,

Still no luck, the pedal animations seem to be doing strange things when full left yaw is put in. It kicks back when to about half depression after reaching full.

Regardless of the animation, the performance in either direction remains the same.

I did a static turn to port and starboard and it's 20 seconds through 90 degrees so a little faster than I thought, but still nowhere near what you are seeing.

Here is the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujTr7ZOLdrU

He does a yaw turn at 4:25, but it's a fascinating aircraft to watch fly so enjoy the full video!

Put the rudder through FSUIPC as raw and still no change. Only Osprey seems afflicted.

Thank you so much for spending the time looking at this, much appreciated.

I'll PM you my e-mail for that gauge you mentioned.

Best regards

Andy

rcbarend
January 23rd, 2018, 11:58
Hi again,

Still no luck, the pedal animations seem to be doing strange things when full left yaw is put in. It kicks back when to about half depression after reaching full.

Regardless of the animation, the performance in either direction remains the same.

I did a static turn to port and starboard and it's 20 seconds through 90 degrees so a little faster than I thought, but still nowhere near what you are seeing.

Here is the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujTr7ZOLdrU

He does a yaw turn at 4:25, but it's a fascinating aircraft to watch fly so enjoy the full video!

Put the rudder through FSUIPC as raw and still no change. Only Osprey seems afflicted.

Thank you so much for spending the time looking at this, much appreciated.

I'll PM you my e-mail for that gauge you mentioned.

Best regards

Andy
Hi Andy,

Got your PM... I will mail you a test gauge soon, with instructions how to add it.
As to the rudder animation in the VC: yes, looks a bit odd ... but is known and can be explained. But has nothing to do with your problem.

As to the video: Yes, great to see.
And the yaw rate looks a bit faster then what I implemented, but the perspective is also changing (camera zooms in, and the V22 has some forward speed).
So it's hard to tell exactly.

Rob

freded
January 24th, 2018, 00:54
Yes. I ran into a horse on my motorcycle in Yuma, a 1978 Yamaha Police Special. Looked just like the bikes on CHiPS, back when. Wild horses run free there. This particular (black) horse ran free, right out in front of my bike, at 60 MPH. It was just before dawn, the Monday before Thanksgiving, and I was heading out to work. Hour drive each way, each day, 12 hour shift. Nice, huh? I don't remember much after he turned the white blaze on his face toward me, until a couple guys found me, walking in circles picking up pieces of the bike. Piecing it together afterwards, they figure he reared at the last second, rode the forks and front fairing up, and scraped me off the bike. If not, I would have hit him square on, probably killing me. We went bouncing down the highway. I figure my head ricocheted off the highway centerline a few (dozen) times. Big yellow stripe down the side of my helmet. I still have it as a memento. Anyway, it knocked my retina loose, and cataracted the lens over. Took about a week to fully take effect.
They tried to stick the retina back up with what then was a new device, the scleral buckle it's called. A ziptie for the retina, essentially, that holds it to the inner surface. Laser tacked it in place as well. They pulled the lens out too. Too badly damaged. The morning after the operation, though, the retina tore loose, and now looks, the doctor told me, like a wad of paper in the bottom. I was stoned out of my mind on pain meds during the exam, and threw up down the female intern's blouse. Really nice cleavage, iirc. So, the ball is still there, physically, but no retina, or lens. Apparently they nicked the nerve to the pupil, as well, and it no longer closes. Stuck as wide open as it gets.

By the way, the horse died at the scene, after thrashing around in the ditch beside the road for about a half hour. No one could put it down, because of the Az laws. Only BLM could do that, and they were over an hour away. So it layed in the ditch, thrashing around, slowly drowning in it's own blood.
I am the only person I know of, however, that's ever killed a horse with his chest. Marines :D

Good luck to you, Mark. Hope you feel better soonest, and the operation works as advertised. Me, I died on the table for about 10 min. Don't remember a thing, though.

Pat☺

Pat,

What a terrifying thing to have happen to you! And to the poor wretched horse, too, of course... You were certainly lucky to survive it and the subsequent surgery!

Yes, feeling better today. Had a follow-up with the eye-surgeon this afternoon and he's satisfied with progress. Still very blurry vision in that eye but that's said to be normal and will improve.

freded
January 24th, 2018, 04:42
Pat,

I am trying to open the list of Sling Loads in Rel.2 running in P3D, but nothing happens when I hit Shift+J.

I've checked that AICarriers is running and that conf.d contains the file SLING LOADS FOR AICARRIERS.CFG.

What am I missing?

PhantomTweak
January 24th, 2018, 10:56
Ok, Mark, let's see...
Do you see AICarriers in the Add-ons menu drop-down at the top of the screen when you're flying? I don't have P3D but I can try to help here...
I know that for some users, AICarriers needs to be installed under the root P3D folder for it to show up.
I would install it there.
Leave your original AICarriers installation alone, and use it for FSX. That's no trouble. Just do a second install under the P3D root folder, and make sure your EXE.XML file has the right path to the new installation. The complete path. Like D:\Lockheed\P3D\AICarriers\AICarriers.exe just for example.
Also, make sure you're not trying to run 2 AICarriers.NET iterations. The .NET version only allows 1 iteration. To run more iterations, you have to use the original, JAVA based version.
Finally, when you do the AICarriers install for P3D, make absolutely sure you have the proper .NET Redistributable installed. There's a link to it in the AICarriers' readme file.
Make sure you do a cold reboot after every install you do. AICarriers, .NET Redist, whatever.

Bear in mind, Rob's Hoist Operations/A-A Refueling gauge for REL.2 Hasn't been released yet, so the hoist stuff doesn't function in the Rel.2 yet. This won't have any effect on the functioning of AICarriers, of course. But...

After all this fun stuff, NOW check and see if it's showing up in the Add-ons drop-down. If it is, see if your Hoist loads are showing up. Make sure that you look for the hoist loads on a second or third page in the SHFT+J menu. Depending on what all you have in your basic aicarriers.cfg, and any other .cfg files in the .conf.d folder, the hoist loads can be on a second, third, fourth, or whatever, pages. That's why I try to keep my .cfg files down to a minimum. It can get annoying to have to flip through multiple pages trying to find the one load that you want.

By the way, I've made up a new Sling Loads config file, with a large number of unique items. Some from missions, some from Hovercontol's forum, etc. You should have most of them installed, but if not, they simply won't show in the shft+j menu. Once you get it going, that is :D
I can zip it and post it this thread, or send it to you in an email. Your choice.

Let me know what's what :encouragement:
Pat☺

Edit: Here's the new .cfg file. Enjoy!
Hint: The Pallet of Boxes load (thie first one in the list) has a large variety of different items placed near each other. Some big, some small. The bigg one will NOT fit into the plane! You try to load the Tesla coil for example, it looks like a really pretty bird bath, actually, into the plane, it will either cause a crash of the plane, if crash detect turned on, or break the cable, if the crash detect is turned off. Either way, you gotta carry it outside. The Fuel Bladder does fit, though. No troubles.
Good luck!

PhantomTweak
January 24th, 2018, 11:45
On a whole different subject, if I may ask, Maryadi, are there any plans to make the landing lights illuminate the ground? From the spot view, they look great, but no light on the ground. In the VC, naturally, the lights aren't visible, but again, no light on the ground, even when sitting on the ground.
It would be extremely helpful when hovering to be able to get light illuminating the ground. Especially when coming into a landing, or looking at hoist loads. I tried using the normal key commands for adjusting the direction of landing lights, but nothing showed up, no matter how I adjusted them.
Yes, I did make sure they were activated properly in the Lights Menu 2. And, as I said, they are visible when looking at the plane from the outside, they just don't illuminate anything.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Pat☺

andy277uk
January 24th, 2018, 11:54
Hi Rob,

Went through the test you e-mailed:

-100 to +100 and 0 for centre (but my pedals are getting a bit floppy in old age so 0 is touch and go!)

Conducted two 360 degree turns, 108 seconds to right, 106 second to left; with a yaw value steady at 60.

Pat, thanks for the tip on the yaw damper, tried it but still no joy.

On a plus side she stayed in a very stable hover, hands free. Made it pretty easy. Though I did lose concentration and enter vortex ring state at one point!

I purged my gauges folder of any rcb gauges, the folder that was there had a picture of what looked like the DSB Harrier in there, so goes back a long, long way. My fault for unclean migration when up-versioning!

Best regards

Andy

andy277uk
January 24th, 2018, 12:01
Sorry forgot; as an aside found a video of a demo flight at Farnborough where the pilot demonstrates a 180 degree turn in the hover (on a very blustery day) in 11 seconds. Give or take reduced manoeuvre rate due to weather, I'd say 18 deg/sec looks right on the ball. Good estimate Rob!

Andy

freded
January 24th, 2018, 14:44
Ok, Mark, let's see...
Do you see AICarriers in the Add-ons menu drop-down at the top of the screen when you're flying? I don't have P3D but I can try to help here...
I know that for some users, AICarriers needs to be installed under the root P3D folder for it to show up.
I would install it there.
Leave your original AICarriers installation alone, and use it for FSX. That's no trouble. Just do a second install under the P3D root folder, and make sure your EXE.XML file has the right path to the new installation. The complete path. Like D:\Lockheed\P3D\AICarriers\AICarriers.exe just for example.
Also, make sure you're not trying to run 2 AICarriers.NET iterations. The .NET version only allows 1 iteration. To run more iterations, you have to use the original, JAVA based version.
Finally, when you do the AICarriers install for P3D, make absolutely sure you have the proper .NET Redistributable installed. There's a link to it in the AICarriers' readme file.
Make sure you do a cold reboot after every install you do. AICarriers, .NET Redist, whatever.

Bear in mind, Rob's Hoist Operations/A-A Refueling gauge for REL.2 Hasn't been released yet, so the hoist stuff doesn't function in the Rel.2 yet. This won't have any effect on the functioning of AICarriers, of course. But...

After all this fun stuff, NOW check and see if it's showing up in the Add-ons drop-down. If it is, see if your Hoist loads are showing up. Make sure that you look for the hoist loads on a second or third page in the SHFT+J menu. Depending on what all you have in your basic aicarriers.cfg, and any other .cfg files in the .conf.d folder, the hoist loads can be on a second, third, fourth, or whatever, pages. That's why I try to keep my .cfg files down to a minimum. It can get annoying to have to flip through multiple pages trying to find the one load that you want.

By the way, I've made up a new Sling Loads config file, with a large number of unique items. Some from missions, some from Hovercontol's forum, etc. You should have most of them installed, but if not, they simply won't show in the shft+j menu. Once you get it going, that is :D
I can zip it and post it this thread, or send it to you in an email. Your choice.

Let me know what's what :encouragement:
Pat☺

Edit: Here's the new .cfg file. Enjoy!
Hint: The Pallet of Boxes load (the first one in the list) has a large variety of different items placed near each other. Some big, some small. The big one will NOT fit into the plane! You try to load the Tesla coil for example, it looks like a really pretty bird bath, actually, into the plane, it will either cause a crash of the plane, if crash detect turned on, or break the cable, if the crash detect is turned off. Either way, you gotta carry it outside. The Fuel Bladder does fit, though. No troubles.
Good luck!

Hi Pat,

Thanks for that!

1. No. AICarriers isn't showing in P3D's Add-ons menu. But I have installed it under P3D root folder.

2. I've made a new copy of exe.xml under AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3, containing the complete path to AICarriers.

3. Only one AICarriers.exe is shown as running in Windows Task Manager.

So now I'm going to first reload the MV-22 in P3D and, if that isn't enough, close & re-open P3D and, if that doesn't do it, reboot the computer.

I'll re-post to tell you what worked - if anything!

rcbarend
January 24th, 2018, 14:51
Hi Rob,

Went through the test you e-mailed:

-100 to +100 and 0 for centre (but my pedals are getting a bit floppy in old age so 0 is touch and go!)

Conducted two 360 degree turns, 108 seconds to right, 106 second to left; with a yaw value steady at 60.

Then I'm really out of idea's.
SInce the yawvalue is what it should be, your pedals works OK in extreme position.
And there is nothing in the aircraft.cfg that could block/change rudder-to-yaw sensitivity, because I simply overwrite it.

Except for one thing: (because you observe roughly a factor 3.2 slower).
I know in the original FSX (RTM), there was a bug in SimConnect that made overwriting Yaw-speed a factor Pi (=3.14) slower then it should be .. Coincidence ??
So did this creep in again somehow in your P3D ?? Is this P3Dv4.0 or 4.1 ??

Rob

rcbarend
January 24th, 2018, 14:57
Sorry forgot; as an aside found a video of a demo flight at Farnborough where the pilot demonstrates a 180 degree turn in the hover (on a very blustery day) in 11 seconds. Give or take reduced manoeuvre rate due to weather, I'd say 18 deg/sec looks right on the ball. Good estimate Rob!

Andy
I'll set it to 16 degrees/sec then (= 22 sec. for a full 360 rotation) in a new gauge version

Josh/Heater
January 24th, 2018, 15:06
On a whole different subject, if I may ask, Maryadi, are there any plans to make the landing lights illuminate the ground? From the spot view, they look great, but no light on the ground. In the VC, naturally, the lights aren't visible, but again, no light on the ground, even when sitting on the ground.
It would be extremely helpful when hovering to be able to get light illuminating the ground. Especially when coming into a landing, or looking at hoist loads. I tried using the normal key commands for adjusting the direction of landing lights, but nothing showed up, no matter how I adjusted them.
Yes, I did make sure they were activated properly in the Lights Menu 2. And, as I said, they are visible when looking at the plane from the outside, they just don't illuminate anything.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Pat☺

I dont seem to have the same issue as you, Pat. My VC lights show up ok in FSX:SE and P3Dv4.1, Although in FSX I dont really see the landing lights in VC illuminated on the ground (in P3d i do with dynamic lighting).

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57413&stc=1