PDA

View Full Version : Raydon's been Redone, too!

IanP
December 17th, 2017, 17:19
One of the earliest sceneries I made available via my site was of RAF Raydon in Suffolk - USAAF Station 157 and hence the scenery was called "S157".

Of course, being that old meant that a serious overhaul was more than needed, so when I got my clammy mits on a scanned version of the 1946 ARP (Aerodrome Reference Plan - an annotated map of the site) I set about recreating it more accurately. It turned into rather a bigger job than I had planned, but it's also the primary reason that half of my new objects - particularly Nissen structures - got made.

Following a rename to "X3RA" and many hours swearing (including more than a few when some little "character" hacked part of my website and redirected it to a page that invited you to install some ransomware*), I've now finally got around to re-uploading the re-done Raydon and it's available to poke, prod and peruse on my site here: http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/flight-sim/historical-scenery/usaaf-airfields/raf-raydon/

The same as Banff, you'll need both the latest library objects and the new SODE objects to see all the structures and gubbins. To see the USAAF vehicles, you'll additionally need Larry "Tako Kichi" Green's Hobbs AAF, which I believe you can get here? If not, with Larry's permission, it's been included in my "All in One" libraries for some time now.

* - That's gone. Both the link to the malware site and the plugin that they were able to exploit to control the page. Still. :banghead:

Cheers,

Ian P.