PDA

View Full Version : Tacpack question

PhantomP
November 28th, 2017, 11:02
Hello,I recently purchased the Tackpac,and Superbug for fsx,and,I am planing on installing it soon,so my question is do,I need to reinstall all my third party Tacpack compatible aircraft again after installing Tacpack? or will the aircraft work after just the install of Tacpack?Thanks

YoYo
November 28th, 2017, 11:04
No, just install TacPack. Will be fine with the others.

PhantomP
November 28th, 2017, 13:03
No, just install TacPack. Will be fine with the others.Thanks for the answer YoYo,that's a relief.

menef
November 29th, 2017, 00:43
Just yesterday I've bought and installed TP... well : Warthog by IRIS
had a problem : the loadout manager was out of service.
Solution: Warthog uninstalled and reinstalled with Tacpack ( IRIS
gave the possibility to install the product with or without TP capability.) VRS said :

Initial Setup

The TacPack should be installed prior to installing the Superbug (if you own it), or other TacPack-enabled aircraft. The reason for this is that many installers, including our own, may check for the presence of the TacPack in order to determine which aircraft components to install.

Conversely no problem with the other 2 planes TP enabled
installed in my FSX-Gold ( = Dino's T45 and M2M Mirage 2000):triumphant:

Dino Cattaneo
November 29th, 2017, 03:28
...well, you may need to reinstall the files or not depending on the developer's choice. There may be aicrafts out there which have different code for Tacpack and non-tacpack versions.

For what concerns my planes, freeware and payware, you do not have to reinstall (the code Tacpack code is there anyway). The only exception is the MB-326 which, by default, uses VACMI - you need to look at the readme file to activate Tacpack avionics.

PhantomP
November 29th, 2017, 08:36
Great info gentleman,Thank you.