PDA

View Full Version : Wotr

Flamingskull5000
November 27th, 2017, 07:03
Heads up, there's an update with pics over at the website! :jump:

gecko
November 27th, 2017, 07:20
Very interesting! Looks like some nice quality models taking shape.

NSS
November 27th, 2017, 08:23
For those who do not have the link.

http://www.wingsoverthereich.com/gallery.htm

Kev

sixstrings5859
November 28th, 2017, 03:24
Looks like they are going to have the BoB covered.How great!!Will gladly pay for this sim if it's as good as their previous work. Best news to hit CFS3 in quite a while.Maybe some time next year it will be ready . Not to rush as this is what happened to CFS3 in the first place . Regards,Scott

lgoncalv
November 28th, 2017, 12:02
For those who do not have the link.

http://www.wingsoverthereich.com/gallery.htm

Kev

Wow. They seem wonderful. Perhaps this one will be the one replacing IL2 in my heart! :jump:

sixstrings5859
November 28th, 2017, 15:31
Am a HUGE fan of IL-2 1946 and the expansions for it.CFS3 still has a place in my heart and this new addition will be a shot in the arm for a great combat flight sim. Know there won't be much as far as addons for it but what the heck I'd take it as it comes.

Bravo/4
November 28th, 2017, 16:08
If it's not moddable, I would lose interest pretty quickly!

eddie
November 28th, 2017, 17:33
Based on the CFS3 engine John, it should be!

NachtPiloten
November 29th, 2017, 04:52
The folks over at WOTR have made great improvements to CFS3. However, their Flanders Fields simulations are not modification friendly. I have one of their products and when you try to add new planes they do not show up, why because there is code that prevents this. I am not sure about other aspects of the sim, but not having the ability to add planes to the sim and having to buy their product upgrades to add new planes does take the shine off the sim. I am sure that the WOTR planes will be outstanding and offer many new bits of eye candy, damage, and AI. For me, and maybe only me; if radar, directional radio beacons, and night lighting are not available then it is a great daytime sim (maybe) but fails to do what IL2 can do in terms of night realism (which is most important to me).

sixstrings5859
November 29th, 2017, 08:05
It's hard to beat IL-2 1946 and all it has to offer with the the proper mods and expansions. Just check out https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php .Hopefully WOTR can compete with this marvelous combat sim. Lots of eye candy to be sure. Hopefully lots of immersion also. Best news i've heard in a while.

mongoose
November 29th, 2017, 08:08
The folks over at WOTR have made great improvements to CFS3. However, their Flanders Fields simulations are not modification friendly. I have one of their products and when you try to add new planes they do not show up, why because there is code that prevents this. I am not sure about other aspects of the sim, but not having the ability to add planes to the sim and having to buy their product upgrades to add new planes does take the shine off the sim. I am sure that the WOTR planes will be outstanding and offer many new bits of eye candy, damage, and AI. For me, and maybe only me; if radar, directional radio beacons, and night lighting are not available then it is a great daytime sim (maybe) but fails to do what IL2 can do in terms of night realism (which is most important to me).

BTW changed your appearance?? :jump:

I agree and wonder how much can still be ported over to CFS3 or are you saying there is also code which say prevents adding any of their stuff to CFS in a working manner. Thinking specifically of AI. I guess I will have to dig out my IL2; which version are you talking about? (Get them but never play or even install; rather like WOFF!:wiggle:)

sixstrings5859
November 29th, 2017, 08:28
IL-2 1946 is the best so far and has had a ton of work done to it with several expansions available for it. VP modpack and BAT are my favorites. BAT covers WWI to the modern age and is quite large (mine is over 70 gigs) and VP modpack just covers WWII. While there are many more expansion packs and updates ,these are my favorites. There are installs just for multiplayer also.WOTR had better be good to compete with all of this and to top it off all the mods for IL-2 '46 are free. Before you install IL-2'46 go to https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php and http://www.mission4today.com/ to find out how to install if you are using Win7-Win10 and read up on all you can as there is a bit of a learning curve but not as difficult as CFS3 can be.Expansion installs are pretty straight forward and trouble free if directions are followed. WOTR seems like it going to be great as far as their previous work shows. May be a while to wait on it though.

eddie
November 29th, 2017, 13:20
If it's not moddable, I would lose interest pretty quickly!

Guess you were right John, not putting my money into that program!

gecko
November 29th, 2017, 13:47
There are a decent amount of mods out there for WOFF, though as mentioned adding aircraft may or may not be possible. I'm pretty sure I saw that someone had done it. The aircraft have a number of things that are different about them, so it certainly wouldn't be the same. I have WOFF, and enjoy it enough as is that I've hardly changed it at all. I still need something to tinker with, which is why I'm here, but when I want to fly something emersive without feeling like there are things I want to change, WOFF does a great job. I never just fly CFS3 if you know what I mean.

sdsbolt
December 2nd, 2017, 03:37
That's some detailed modeling. Looks to be pretty immersive.