PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 V2.1

menef
November 19th, 2017, 01:01
https://xtremeprototypes.com/en/product_GLJ25_se_v2r1.asp
Has someone already flown this V2.1?
The previous version was told to have a very bad FDE, but it seems that this one is really widely upgraded. PDF manual is very well done :triumphant:

Pat Mussotte
November 19th, 2017, 06:12
Hi!
Since V2, this Lear is really good, V2.1 is awesome! In fact this is THE Lear to fly in FSX/P3D. IMO this is one of the most underated addon for these sims. Icing on the cake, a RL Lear 25D owner participate to make it realistic!

Cheers

Pat

odourboy
November 19th, 2017, 06:21
I picked this up recently to fly in p3d v4.1. It's a nice add-on. Model is very good. I have a few minor gripes but I much prefer it to the FSW Lear 35. I can not really comment on the FDE. I like the feel but I've never dug in to see if it operates close to the numbers. The 8 track player is cool! I pug in my own favourite tracks. LOL

menef
November 19th, 2017, 06:55
For sure, sooner or later I'll buy:biggrin-new:
Being a Learjet family fan, I' m not very happy with the FSW one,
I mean, it's not bad, but something better could have be done,
and this new v2.1 seems very good ( starting from the more extensive manual ). :biggrin-new:

Bjoern
November 19th, 2017, 23:25
The ultra-detailed interior looks like a framerate and memory killer.

menef
November 20th, 2017, 00:18

With my new PC I could manage to run it ( even if the minimum
requirement if 16 GB RAM leaves me a littlle perplexed)...:pop4:

odourboy
November 20th, 2017, 05:22

Yep - I agree, it's a really beautifully detailed VC. You'd think it would be a frame rate killer, but actually, when I compared the Lear 25 and the Lear 35 FPS in the VC in an otherwise identical scenario, I found the FPS to be identical in both aircraft. (in P3D v4.1, 4K monitor)

Bjoern
November 20th, 2017, 06:47
I wouldn't rate P3Dv4 as a benchmark.

Would love to check the numbers, but I'm not going to invest money just because of that.

odourboy
November 20th, 2017, 08:45
You wouldn't rate P3Dv4 as a benchmark? What the heck is that supposed to mean? You expect the relative performance between the two Lears in some out dated simulator version is going to change? They're both officially supported in V4 so my comparison is perfectly valid.

And you don't have the Lear 25 but none the less you're commenting on it's performance? Shame on you! LOL :dizzy:

Odie
November 20th, 2017, 14:31
I don't normally fly this class of jet(non-military) but my hangar needs one and this one looks, and from what I've read, will fill the bill nicely. :encouragement::encouragement:

Bjoern
November 21st, 2017, 07:23
You wouldn't rate P3Dv4 as a benchmark? What the heck is that supposed to mean? You expect the relative performance between the two Lears in some out dated simulator version is going to change? They're both officially supported in V4 so my comparison is perfectly valid.

And you don't have the Lear 25 but none the less you're commenting on it's performance? Shame on you! LOL :dizzy:

Framerates are generally better in P3Dv4 than FSX. Therefor, FSXSE at a big airport with lots of AI traffic is my worst case scenario and any payware model will have to stand that test. Causing little to none framerate impact is the goal.

I've seen many a dev promise little performance impact when a practical test has shown a notable drop in framerates and, even better, "out of memory" crashes.