:ernaehrung004:

:US-flag:Happy Veterans Day!:US-flag:

The Old Master Sergeant

Milton Shupe
November 10th, 2017, 20:05
Thank you Sir, and back to you. :applause:

Flyboy208
November 10th, 2017, 20:56
Here's to all The Veterans that served ! Miss my Naval Aviation days. Mike :ernaehrung004:

AussieMan
November 10th, 2017, 23:42
They shall not grow old
As we who are left grow old
Age shall not weary them
Nor the years condemn
From the going down of the sun
And in the morning we will remember them
LEST WE FORGET.

Ganter
November 11th, 2017, 01:56
To all who served. We shall remember them.

To the crew and company of HMS Matabele, 17th January 1942

speedy70
November 11th, 2017, 02:52
Indeed to ALL the nations that served in the two world wars.

Cheers Chris

stansdds
November 11th, 2017, 03:53
I very much appreciate our veterans. Thank you for your service and the sacrifices that you made.

edakridge
November 11th, 2017, 04:55
Happy Veterans Day to all my fellow vets! Let us never forget that we are the fortunate ones. We Came Home!

llanning08
November 11th, 2017, 05:05
To Honor my Father Colonel James W. Lanning, who served as a Captian, US Army Corps of Engineers during World War II. He passed in May 1999.

I also honor an uncle on my Mother's side who died parachuting into Normandy June 1944. And to my two Uncles who as marine infantrymen, visited Iwo Jima in February 1945.

Honor to my Mother's father, Burt Ross Kennedy who served in France in the Great War as a machine gunner in the Canadian Black Watch Regiment, and was wounded when overrun by a German attack.

I also note my Great Grandfather who served in the 114th Pennsylvania Infantry, Collis' Zouaves d'Afrique. He fought throughout the war in Maryland and Virginia. He defended and was routed at Sherfy's farmhouse at Gettysburg in July 1863. He did survive the war as did my other Great Grandfather who fought in the Shenandoah Valley campaigns. A great grand uncle was captured by the Confederates and died at Andersonville Prison.

Lastly I honor my Uncle Burt for his service in Korea in the 50's, my uncle Howard who served in the Navy before Korea, and my brother Dwight who served in the Navy as a Fire Control Technician on Destroyers and is a now retired Master Chief Petty Officer.

And all honor to all veterans who served their Country before self, and helped secure the freedoms which we enjoy today.

Military veterans can enjoy a special pride and patriotism of being in the 7% of US citizens who served this great country!

Roger
November 11th, 2017, 05:15
Thanks for this thread! My father fought in North Africa during WWII and died on 11.11.2009, so for many reasons 11.11. is a date I can never forget:engel016:

txnetcop
November 11th, 2017, 05:29
A deep and grateful thank you to all veterans who served...especially thinking today of my buddies in Vietnam who never returned. I miss you guys every day!
Ted
:unitedstates:

brad kaste
November 11th, 2017, 07:09
May they rest in peace....the fallen. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55618&stc=1

Blackbird686
November 11th, 2017, 07:37
Thank you to all who served and are currently serving, and thanks to all who appreciate, honor and respect those who served.

BB686:US-flag:

Ivan
November 11th, 2017, 07:49
The end of the Great War.
The war to end all wars.

....or so they thought at the time.

- Ivan.

Panther_99FS
November 11th, 2017, 09:27
As a retired USAF SNCO myself, "Salute" to all!

n4gix
November 11th, 2017, 10:44
I add my thanks to all who've served over the years, especially my late father who entered the US Navy as a Seaman Recruit in 1939, and was due to be discharged on the very day that the PA announced "All personnel return to your last duty station. You are in for the duration." He was sixth in line for those who were due for discharge at that moment. He spent the war years in the Atlantic Fleet, and left the Navy as a Master Chief. He was chief of the radio shack on USS Jenks when she participated in the capture of U-505 on June 4, 1944.

What is funny is that on his discharge paperwork the clerks made a typo and listed his last ship as "USS Jerks," which dad thought was highly appropriate. :biggrin-new:

Victory103
November 14th, 2017, 19:07
Salute to all, extra special this year as I close 24yrs of service in 2 branches, next year I will no longer be on active duty. I still can't fathom that thought and it has surely not hit me yet!

Milton Shupe
November 14th, 2017, 19:23
Salute to all, extra special this year as I close 24yrs of service in 2 branches, next year I will no longer be on active duty. I still can't fathom that thought and it has surely not hit me yet!

Well done Sir! Thank you for your service. :applause: