PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft settings for VLSO (please share!)

Navy Chief
October 11th, 2017, 09:35
I have the Simworks and Milviz Phantom, plus the Razbam A-7 settings added to VLSO. Would like to add more, and wondered if SOH members could please post more, if available? Thanks. NC:encouragement:

From a previous post I made:

The settings window within VLSO looks like this:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40352&stc=1

Here is the data:

Simworks Phantom

ATC Model: F4
Type: Phantom
Name: F4B Phantom

Angle of Attack
Slow: 10.50
Fast: 8.50

Distance Abeam
Close: 0.08
Fast: 1.20

Razbam A7

ATC Model: A7
Type: SLUF; (Short Little Ugly Fellow)
Name: F4B Phantom

Angle of Attack
Slow: 8.00
Fast: 6.00

Distance Abeam
Close: 0.07

Milviz Phantom

ATC Model: mv_phantom_J
Type: Phantom
Name: F4J Phantom II

Angle of Attack
Slow: 10.50
Fast: 8.50

Distance Abeam
Close: 0.08

Note: I read a post on the Milviz forum by someone who had added the Milviz F4 to VLSO, and he had to add some info into the aircraft.cfg file [General] section, which is this:

atc_type=McDonnell_Douglas
atc_model=mv_phantom_J
performance=
Category=airplane

Victory103
October 11th, 2017, 17:44
NC, should be slightly easier with the SWS Carrier Extensions configuration tool to get somewhat close Angle of Attack numbers (in degrees) verse "units" as displayed in most of the aircraft.

The aircraft.cfg entry was missing from all Milviz Phantoms for some reason, but one can name the atc_model anything, in this case because of the differences in AoA on-speed, I broke down the Phantoms for ex: F4B, F4J, F4S to help vLSO. This is the entry the sim ATC uses to name your aircraft.

You are still using vLSO 8?

Navy Chief
October 11th, 2017, 17:46
NC, should be slightly easier with the SWS Carrier Extensions configuration tool to get somewhat close Angle of Attack numbers (in degrees) verse "units" as displayed in most of the aircraft.

The aircraft.cfg entry was missing from all Milviz Phantoms for some reason, but one can name the atc_model anything, in this case because of the differences in AoA on-speed, I was further break down the Phantoms for example: F4B, F4J, F4S to help vLSO. This is the entry the sim ATC uses to name your aircraft.

You are still using vLSO 8?

Will have to check version. Thought I was using the latest one! Thanks! NC

Navy Chief
October 11th, 2017, 19:13
Just checked, and found there is a newer version than the one I currently have. Downloaded/installed it. Now just need to reinput values. NC

PhantomTweak
October 12th, 2017, 10:03
As I read it on Paddles' blog, the latest is 0.9.8.8. Not counting an update for P3D v4 and v4.1 he made to make vLSO compatible with the 64 bit stuff. I don't think, however (which we all knew already :D ), that that particular update is necessary for FSX working.
Maybe I'm wrong... :dizzy:

I still think those AI LSOs hate me. I must have annoyed one once. Now the rest take it out on me...

Have fun!
Pat☺

Victory103
October 12th, 2017, 10:52
NC, on the FSD forums I found the reference needed to get the AoA numbers accurate thanks to Spaz and his findings. The NAVAIR 2002_71 file goes pretty in-depth about how the numbers have changed over the years and the way forward with "magic carpet or PLM" currently in use by F-18s. As with all the test data and formulas, we as simmers need to extract that data in basic terms. Find Table.7, it references on-speed AoA indications in both degrees and units at max trap weights, the 1.5 degrees per unit on the gauge is just a baseline. I should be able to correct the SLUF and get the A-6s closer. Now will the gauges in the cockpit match what they should be...hmmm

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15561.0.html

Navy Chief
October 12th, 2017, 14:02
NC, on the FSD forums I found the reference needed to get the AoA numbers accurate thanks to Spaz and his findings. The NAVAIR 2002_71 file goes pretty in-depth about how the numbers have changed over the years and the way forward with "magic carpet or PLM" currently in use by F-18s. As with all the test data and formulas, we as simmers need to extract that data in basic terms. Find Table.7, it references on-speed AoA indications in both degrees and units at max trap weights, the 1.5 degrees per unit on the gauge is just a baseline. I should be able to correct the SLUF and get the A-6s closer. Now will the gauges in the cockpit match what they should be...hmmm

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15561.0.html

Outstanding! NC:encouragement: