PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft MH60J Reworked

flewpastu
October 8th, 2017, 13:43
Ive been playing around with the Aerosoft Jayhawk for some time. Ive reworked the main rotor and tailrotor colors and a little blur for the main rotor. Mostly ive transformed the interior to the CG blue and replaced the MFD display with the FSX default 172 MFD , that's only because I like to see on the screen where im flying lol . Ive added a few decals and warnings to the main frame and touched up the pilot and co-pilot panels to make them a little more sharp . Ive also added some interior red lights for nite flying but its not too brite , just subtle . This repaint is in Kodiak colors but I can do any CG station you guys might fly in . Yes its still dated so to speak but its the only helo out there in FSX that I can tell that does a pretty good job as far as representation to the real thing. There are a few touch ups that I have to do but if anyone is interested Ill upload here and go from there ?

Bill

flewpastu
October 8th, 2017, 13:44
and a few more

flewpastu
October 8th, 2017, 13:48
The only thing that I am having a problem with is I cant find the file to put the KODIAK plate on in the proper place . as you can see it sitting to low and needs to be higher

any suggestions ?

Bill

Victory103
October 8th, 2017, 18:02
Like the screen swap out from the MFD. Unless I add ship/base locations to the text file, the MFD is far from usable on the fly. Great substitution as the J/T cockpit is quite different from the original Aerosoft work based on the USN R/S Seahawks. Some basics mods on Hovercontrol add the extra gas coming from the drop tanks, fuel burn is still off.

JosefK
October 22nd, 2017, 23:05
Thanks Bill, I'd like to see a golden USCG Centennial version please.

Also I really like you updating the Aerosoft H-60s. I really do.

I'd like to see some more development of the H-60 Hawks in general - like the HH-60 of "Shoot Like A Girl" fame, the MH-60S of NAS Whidbey Island SAR (https://flic.kr/s/aHsjCMM8Wu), and yes I know Area 51 did the bin Laden raid version (http://www.area51sim.com/helicopters/uh-60x-stealth-blackhawk.html).

paul day
October 22nd, 2017, 23:21
Hi Josef
There is a repaint of the anniversary SH-60 here on page 2 of the military helicopters repaints.

Regards Paul Day.

JosefK
October 22nd, 2017, 23:41
Hi Josef
There is a repaint of the anniversary SH-60 here on page 2 of the military helicopters repaints.

Regards Paul Day.

Thanks, got 'em.

flewpastu
October 23rd, 2017, 02:18
Josefk, it’s almost done, I finished the interior lighting but lights that I want to come on don’t come on properly, I think they are coded to the model. But anyhow, I have a few exterior details to finish up . This bird is hard to repaint because there is no paint kit available and I’ve made my own but I’m no expert so it’s trial and error to get the paints proper finish without blocking out any detail. Worked on it all weekend and found some freeware sounds from hovercontrol and modified those to sound a little better. Added a lot of detail to the uscg paint, ie the warning labels etc and am sharpening different interior and exterior txteures as the original uscg paint was very blurry in side and out as far as detail goes. I’m a little in the dark about bmp textures and dds textures as to which one is better for detail , if there is any difference at all ? . I converted the original files from 1024 to 2048 via the invented paint kit. I was told that would enhance the detail so we shall see .also cleaned up the Bump textures (sharper) and added a few details so they would show up better on the model. As I said, I’m no expert here, I just like fiddling with repaints and adding more detail .I’ll let those who end up downloading the repaint to be the judge so to speak. Sorry for the rant

Bill
the kodiak repaint will be uploaded here, I plan on doing more uscg station units, if anyone has a unit they want repainted it will be easy to do.

jmbiii
October 23rd, 2017, 05:46
". . . . .if anyone has a unit they want repainted it will be easy to do."

Astoria
San Diego
Clearwater
Elizabeth City
Sitka
Cape Cod
Mobile

And Centennial colors.:wavey::biggrin-new:

flewpastu
October 23rd, 2017, 07:29
Sweet, I'll do em then

Bill

jmbiii
October 23rd, 2017, 14:53
Side numbers :

Astoria - 6008
- 6003 Centennial *
San Diego - 6037
- 6029 Centennial
Clearwater - 6012
- 6044 Centennial
Elizabeth City - 6016
- 6006 Centennial *
Sitka - 6030
Cape Cod - 6004
- 6042 Centennial
Mobile - 6011
- 6001 Centennial *

PS: I've painted 6001, 6003 and 6006 in the centennial colors (search "jmbiii" in the SOH military helicopter skins)

flewpastu
October 23rd, 2017, 17:30
Ok then, look like I’ve got my work cut out for me for the next several weeks lol

Bill

iflyfsx214
October 23rd, 2017, 18:15
Has anyone successfully used the ships especially the boxer that came with the package able to use it in AI Carriers

Seahawk72s
October 23rd, 2017, 22:01
Really liking the Romeo PFD I added G. Munro's new GPS to both the 2D and VC panels.
A little custom graphics work and the new GPS slips right in. This GPS has extensive
additional features over the default with customization options.

Get his latest GPS as part of a 787 panel.

https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=munro&x=0&y=0

(https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=munro&x=0&y=0)

flewpastu
October 24th, 2017, 01:54
Seahawk72s, I like that setup better. Looks very nice, do u think you could provide that panel config setup here ?

Bill

Seahawk72s
October 24th, 2017, 03:10
Seahawk72s, I like that setup better. Looks very nice, do u think you could provide that panel config setup here ?

Bill

Once you have the "GPSNEW.cab" file (see link above), place in your "Gauges" folder.
Backup your panel.cfg
I decided to replace the default GPS with this new one.
Here is the 2D window info. Keep this size and position and it should drop in place right over the top of the ND.
Add a GPS window icon and you can switch back and forth between ND and GPS..

gauge07=SimIcons!GPS Icon, 1483,1144,28,28

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Windowxx]
Background_color=0,0,10
size_mm=800,670
window_size_ratio=0.760
position=7
visible=1
ident=GPS_PANEL
window_size= 0.383, 0.378
window_pos= 0.035, 0.622
zorder=8

gauge00=GPSNEW!GPS, 0,0,800,670

Here is the VC info: Here I replaced the ND.

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Vcockpit02]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=0
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$ND_cluster

gauge00=GPSNEW!GPS, 0,5,1024,760

Seahawk72s
October 24th, 2017, 03:46
Does anyone have drawings or screen shots of the ND...?
Data window and or system pictorials..?
I've only seen the one pic showing something that looks like engines.

Victory103
October 24th, 2017, 04:53
Nice upgrade, especially if one is trying to use the J-Hawk as a SAR platform in the sim. I'll dig around for pics, but the MH-60J/T uses a completely different glass set up over the USN MH-60R/S.

Good vid: https://youtu.be/kUJTHhKPvQg

flewpastu
October 24th, 2017, 04:58
Ok cool, thanks for the info , I will update per your instructions . Have been researching your last post, only problem I can see is the ones I’ve seen to migrate over are payware , and then what about getting the info to show properly on the screen , I’m no designer or programmer or anything like that but I would think that would take some knowledge ? . Thanks for the input on the mfd . This just keeps getting better by the day

Bill

Seahawk72s
October 24th, 2017, 05:11
Not sure what you mean..."only problem I can see is the ones I’ve seen to migrate over are payware"...?
Layering up switchable screens can be done, the only question is if there is enough information to make it interesting.
If only FSX had FLIR...

flewpastu
October 24th, 2017, 06:15
I see what you are saying seahawk72 , I miss understood your question

Bill

Seahawk72s
October 24th, 2017, 06:25
I look forward to seeing what your new paint job does for the old bird...:encouragement:

flewpastu
October 24th, 2017, 07:23
Hopefully everyone will be pleased , been working on this for a long while , trying to get the lines and panels and certain lighting right is a big pain lol , aerosoft did a great job on the model for its time , 2007 i think is when it was originally released and I was waiting for someone to release a Jayhawk version with all the bells and whistles with new model etc but it just hasn't happend , so I started trying to add a little detail here and there and I've learned a lot about bumps and specs maps and how everything works together . So I started out doing this for me and now I'm gonna release it to you guys here and i hope you guys are not dissapointed

Bill

Seahawk72s
October 24th, 2017, 09:41
I found a package of updates, aircraft.cfg and *.air.

Try landing lights...

light.4 = 5, 11.7, 1.4, -0.75, fx_landing ,
light.5 = 5, 11.7, -1.4, -0.75, fx_landing ,

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_6l7fioU_PRVVJyX3EwU2Vfcms

Seahawk72s
October 25th, 2017, 05:22
Any recommendations for a light weight smoke effect that would mimic turbine exhaust...?

EDIT: I've tried the default "heat" effects but they don't have an exhaust force look.
The "fx_smoke_exhaust_TheDFWgroup" effect looks like it belongs on a Sea-stallion...

Victory103
October 25th, 2017, 14:15
Definitely not smokey like a -53E! I've always thought the "heat blur" fx looked cool in vids, but I would rather have the FPS back. Wish Aerosoft would've added a proper HH-60H model w/ HIRSS during the FS9 to X conversion.

flewpastu
October 25th, 2017, 17:07
I’m working on a heat blur effect but honestly unless you look for it on the aircraft it’s hard to see. It’s a nice effect but it does affect the FPS somewhat , I’ve seen a bunch of pics of the black soot on some of the helo’s so I’ve added that to the tail boom . I do like wear and tear and I’ve seen the helos at Clearwater uscg base in fla and they are kept spotless to be sure, I just like smoke stains, adds realism , that’s just my opinion . Interior is done and still working on lighting for the inside. I’m trying to add a little more detail on the inside but having more detail is difficult because the original paint and model just weren’t up to the standards as far as quality goes compared to today’s models , paint kits and artists . The wife has me doing wife things this weekend unfortunately so I’ll be working on it a little here and there until I get the honey do list done.

Bill

Seahawk72s
October 25th, 2017, 18:25
Using what I think is a default heat effect.
Check PM for autosmoke gauge...

Seahawk72s
October 26th, 2017, 06:20
Definitely better...
Heat shimmer + smoke..

flewpastu
October 26th, 2017, 10:47
Oh yeah I like that , can’t wait to try it

Bill

Victory103
October 26th, 2017, 14:21
Bill, looking forward to see that, I also like the used look. The exhaust soot doesn't take long to accumulate even on gray USN models. The other "white" Hawks flown by USN station SAR units seem to get dirty quick. Of course, Army green hides that dirty exhaust well.

Seahawk72s
October 26th, 2017, 15:13
A few graphic changes for the GPSNEW and to Dirk Fassbender's hover gauge.

(Don't mind the light switches, they are just temporary..)

YoYo
October 26th, 2017, 21:51
Nice work, crg!

Seahawk72s
October 28th, 2017, 09:09
Using Dirk Fassbender's autopilot, the Aerosoft USCG cutter and a remote door/light control.

Seahawk72s
December 3rd, 2017, 13:11
Does anyone know of AI helicopters with moving rotors..?
Specifically Jayhawk and CH-53...

Thanks...:encouragement:

Postbaer61
December 3rd, 2017, 13:55
Does anyone know of AI helicopters with moving rotors..?
Specifically Jayhawk and CH-53...

Thanks...:encouragement:

look here, but you have to Register

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/download-hangar/file-library/category/12-complete-ai-packages?limitstart=0

Cheers
Ulrich

Seahawk72s
December 3rd, 2017, 14:17
look here, but you have to Register

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/download-hangar/file-library/category/12-complete-ai-packages?limitstart=0

Cheers
Ulrich

I should have been specific. I'm looking for AI that will work with AI Carriers.
I tried what was available but the rotors are intermittent in turning.

Postbaer61
December 3rd, 2017, 14:36
I have remodeled the AI KC130 with MCX to work with AI Carriers utility.
The propellers are animated with "Ambient 3 len"setting in Animation Editor.
They run constant and smooth with this settings.

PhantomP
December 3rd, 2017, 15:17
Any chance of a future tutorial on how to make the blades rotate properly on any AI helicopter using MCX for use with AIcarriers?

Postbaer61
December 4th, 2017, 02:34
I have no experience with converting AI helicopters with MCX.
To convert the AI KC130 was only a test, wether it works with
AI Carriers utility.
But it made no sence,because the AI Carriers objects moved only
over water surface like AI boats.
But i will try converting an AI helicopter.

PhantomP
December 4th, 2017, 03:41
Thank you.:untroubled: