PDA

View Full Version : object texture help needed

dog1
February 13th, 2009, 00:19
Attached is image of the cfs2 default crane which i want to include in upcoming sceneries because mainly it sits on the ground while other add ons are lifted to jetty height,can someone please help in pointing out using dxtbmp how to fix this issue
dog1

bearcat241
February 13th, 2009, 03:42
Use "inf_small_crane" instead....its waaay better-lookin'.

dog1
February 13th, 2009, 04:51
Bearcat
Look at my problem with inf crane 1 and 2.height cannot be adjusted unless i slip a concrete or wooden pier or something else under it
dog1

bearcat241
February 13th, 2009, 05:38
Like i said, use the one i suggested. It sits on the ground and it looks better anyway.

dog1
February 13th, 2009, 05:49
i dont have inf small crane !!! thats interesting, thanks
dog1

bearcat241
February 13th, 2009, 05:52
Sure you do...its stock.

Shadow Wolf 07
February 13th, 2009, 06:33
Views of the small crane (stock/default):

Jagdflieger
February 13th, 2009, 07:18
Dog,

The crane you are using is the CFS 1 crane.

If you are using my mission builder support pack modelname file, search for "Port, Crane-MS" in the infrastructure drop down menu.

Here are the two MS cranes as seen from the info folder:

1. CFS 2 stock MS crane
2. CFS 1 stock MS crane

dog1
February 13th, 2009, 08:59
and here she is on Dublon island, but she sure doesnt look small to me....

Shadow Wolf 07
February 13th, 2009, 09:19
No it doesn't. note it's size in relation to the US Pt Boats in the screenshot above (dusk).

bearcat241
February 13th, 2009, 10:11
Yeah, but it looks good...i didn't suggest it for its name, it just looks better than that original CFS1 pick. And it does the job with its feet planted on the ground. :wave:

Shadow Wolf, its all so darkened below the skyline in your dusk shot... i can't make out a thing, except for what looks like lights or bright spots of yellowish something and a faint outline of the crane on the lower right i think.

Shadow Wolf 07
February 13th, 2009, 10:31
Yeah, but it looks good...i didn't suggest it for its name, it just looks better than that original CFS1 pick. And it does the job with its feet planted on the ground. :wave:

Shadow Wolf, its all so darkened below the skyline in you dusk shot... i can't make out a thing, except for what looks like lights or bright spots of yellowish something and a faint outline of the crane on the lower right i think.

Anyone else seee it that poorly?? My screen renders it fine. If on a LCD screen, can you change the viewing angle? I get wat you see when I tilt my screen 15-20 degrees back

CrisGer
February 13th, 2009, 11:16
Hi Shadow and thanks for the welcome in! yes, it is dark for me too, i tried saving and examining the pic and it is dark. But that IS a great looking crane. Very appropriate for that time and era.

Shadow Wolf 07
February 13th, 2009, 11:30
Yah, It's supposed to be just after sundown on the east coast of New Guinea. I guess it's not so dark for me 'cause I'm the author. I figured everyone would see it on Photobucket like I do. Anyhoo, the crane is smaller but visible in daylight in the other shots. Moot point since Dog1 got his question answered. :ernae: