PDA

View Full Version : All p-51-d's are no shows

Fibber
February 12th, 2009, 11:14
Okay,:help: plodding my way to rebuilding my ETO and installed alot of planes. German/Brit/American. All of these planes show up except for ALL of the P-51's!:faint:
They are listed in the QC file and a check of the aircraft folders determined that everything, that should be there ,is there. Model/panel/sound/tex/etc....
These planes are;
1)P-51 Detroit Miss for cfs1/2/ by Alain L'Homme, scott nix,chris arrington, steve gandy
2) AW P-51D Old Crow (A.W.) shows as GM_P51D Old Crow.
3) FDG_P51D

They don't show in the FF/QC/ Mission? campaigns. The mission will show for Old Crow and all the other American planes are there to select just none of the P-51s.
I don't think it is the overlimit factor as it is only these three planes of one type.

At a loss why, any ideas?

jimskifs
February 12th, 2009, 12:14
Peek into the sound folder and bring the sound file up with notepad and see if it aliases something you don't have. I looked in my fdg p51 and it aliases the P38 for sound but I'm not sure if it came that way. I'm guessing 90% of no shows are due to sound alias problems.

Jimski

Fibber
February 12th, 2009, 12:32
Thanks for the comeback. I already looked there and I had did a "alias" to Lawdogs Merlin sounds and the other has its' own sound file. So no joy there. Lawdog file is good as I have another plane aliased there and it works.

Devildog73
February 12th, 2009, 16:04
Did you delete all of the cdp files in them?

When I install new aircraft, I always delete *.cdp, filelist.dat, index files from "SEARCH".

Too many problems develop if I do not do this everytime.

Fibber
February 12th, 2009, 19:19
That is a affirmative on that. At a real loss as to why only these three planes

Devildog73
February 13th, 2009, 03:05
I have had various problems with P-51D models. AW's is almost always difficult for me to get involved in my installs. I have had to play with it and reinstall it and modify the basic files several times to see it and fly it. And the Tuskegee skin for it is drab and dull, not at all accurate, so I just do not use it anymore.
It is a great plane to fly, when I finally get it to show up.

The FDG2 I have only had problems with if I try to multi-skin it. With it, I found that one skin per install. I separate out the skins into different aircraft and rename all of the folders and cfg files. It is a nice looking aircraft. It has an excellent cockpit. With it, though, I stall out in dogfights way too much.

My choice for the D model is VB_P-51D. Great skins, great flight dynamics. The cockpit needs upgrading, but other than that VB planes are my personal choice. You skin them up with multi LODs and they suffice.

bearcat241
February 13th, 2009, 04:18
If your sound and paneling are correct and all textures are where they should be within a properly named texture folder, there's no reason for a model not to show other than you've overlooked the proper naming of the dp and air file. If the dp and air file names don't match your sim name in the aircraft.cfg, no amount of tweaking and part checking will help.

[fltsim.0]
title=P-51D WWIIF 'Snooks/The Flying Undertaker' Maj. W.Shomo, CO/82nd TRS/71st TRG, Binmaley 1945
sim=p51d
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
kb_checklists=P-51D_check
kb_reference=P-51D_ref

If p51d is the sim name, the dp must be p51d.dp and the airfile must be p51d.air.

Next, when doing multiple skins in a single aircraft folder in CFS2 you must also make a separate model folder for each skin to make that skin appear in the sim selection menu. Its a CFS2 bug only...you won't find this need in the FS series - one model folder can serve all the skins in that single a/c. But not so in CFS2:

[fltsim.0]
title=AW P-51D 'Moose', 362nd FS, 357th FG
sim=P51d
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
checklists=P51d_CHECK

[fltsim.1]
title=AW P-51D, Col. Yeager, "Glamorous Glen III", 357thFG
sim=P51d
model=glenn
panel=
sound=
texture=glenn
checklists=P51d_CHECK

[fltsim.2]
title=AW P-51D "Petie 2" 352nd FG, 487th FS
sim=P51d
model=petie
panel=
sound=
texture=petie
checklists=P51d_CHECK

[fltsim.3]
title=AW P-51D, "Miss Marilyn II", 55th FG
sim=P51d
model=mm
panel=
sound=
texture=mm
checklists=P51d_CHECK

[fltsim.4]
title=AW P-51D "Man O' War", 355th FG
sim=P51d
model=mow
panel=
sound=
texture=mow
checklists=P51d_CHECK

[fltsim.5]
title=AW P-51D "Missouri Armada",362FS, 357th FG
sim=P51d
model=ma
panel=
sound=
texture=ma
checklists=P51d_CHECK

[fltsim.6]
title=AW P-51D "Dizzy Rebel" 77FS, 20th FG, Belgium
sim=P51d
model=dizz
panel=
sound=
texture=dizz
checklists=P51d_CHECK

[fltsim.7]
title=AW P-51D "Frenesi", 364FS, 357FG, 1944
sim=P51d
model=fren
panel=
sound=
texture=fren
checklists=P51d_CHECK

[fltsim.8]
title=AW P-51D -Maj.'Doc' Watson, 52ndFG/15thAF
sim=P51d
model=doc
panel=
sound=
texture=doc
checklists=P51d_CHECK

[fltsim.9]
title=AW P-51D "Ridge Runner II", Maj. McKennon, 335th FG
sim=P51d
model=RR
panel=
sound=
texture=RR
checklists=P51d_CHECK

[fltsim.10]
title=AW P-51D "Angel's Playmate", Capt.Bruce Carr, 354thFG/9th AF
sim=P51d
model=angel
panel=
sound=
texture=angel
checklists=P51d_CHECK

The setup is in the pic below...

Fibber
February 13th, 2009, 09:02
Bearcat;
Thanks for the reply.
I doublechecked what you have posted and the sim= in .cfg, dp and air are all exactly alike. That is what is perplexing me here. I think that these three are going to the boneyard and will retry with some different downloads.
Anyone know of a (some) good P-51's?

Fibber
February 13th, 2009, 14:21
Don't ask me how or why but I deleted all three then re-installed the same way and now they work! Damn Gremlins!!!!!!!!!!!:wavey::woot:

Devildog73
February 13th, 2009, 19:26
That's what I was saying fibber. I have had the same results.

dog1
February 13th, 2009, 19:37
when this happened to me soon after alphasim released the payware set as freeware as a gift to the comunity due to the upcoming global credit crunch it was pointed out to me here that CFS2 MB doesnt identify well multiple texture files in one aircraft folder since it was intended for free flight and QC and therefore you have to rebuild each aircraft folder with its dedicated set of files and names.Such gifts of very high standards "how many skins do we have" are one of the many reasons simouthouse has been able to atract investors who readily refinanced its operational cost for 2009.
dog1

Fibber
February 13th, 2009, 21:01
The ironic part is that each aircraft was in its' own folder and no shared skins. That is what had me really perplexed as everything appeared as it should have but apparently wasn't.