PDA

View Full Version : question?

jeansy
August 20th, 2017, 05:03
Anyone having problems with artifacts with ftx vector in central tokyo? ie RJTT and surrounds

if I disable the vector folders it goes away and vice versa

Ive narrowed it down to that by disabling all folders and then slowly enabling each scenery.cfg

If I slew around once im away from the main centre of the CBD it ceases

rvn817j
August 20th, 2017, 05:19
I've been running FTX Vector in P3D v4 and have noticed some unusual activity in some scenery textures (they seem to be out of place, but will then be replaced after some passage of time). I've not nailed down the exact issue, but I think there is some conflict between Vector and something else. I currently have Vector maxed, so I'm going to turn down Vector features and see if that helps. Will report back in a day or so.

jeansy
August 20th, 2017, 17:10
Im going to uninstall vector and reinstall

And see if it continues, its definitely causing problems in the tokyo region form me

Even with a virgin cfg with vector installed im seeing white lines across the screen

jeansy
August 21st, 2017, 01:45
looking more into this, its a known problem with the railway bridges with vector

need to disable is 8519_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Railway.bgl in FTX_VECTOR_OBJ

rvn817j
August 21st, 2017, 05:45
I turned down Vector to a minimum and do not see the problem as much, but what I am now seeing are "blue" scenery texture areas. Trouble shooting continues.

jeansy
August 22nd, 2017, 06:15
I turned down Vector to a minimum and do not see the problem as much, but what I am now seeing are "blue" scenery texture areas. Trouble shooting continues.

ahhh Ive been there and got the hat and t shirt

open your orbx folder in the p3d root folder and then do a search for ".migrated" and delete all those files
then open ftx central and force a migration

that fixes it for me each time, they say now you dont have delete the .migrated files with the latest version as ftx central apparently does it for you, however it doesnt hurt to double handle things like to ensure 100% coverage and removal of those files

I find each time I add a new global add on you should force a migration to prevent mismatched titles

ncooper
August 22nd, 2017, 06:58
The answers are all at the FTX support forums.

rvn817j
August 22nd, 2017, 09:28
Thanks Matt. Off to make more adjustments.