PDA

View Full Version : P3D4 Real Weather

SkippyBing
August 19th, 2017, 11:22
What are people using for real weather in v4? I had a version of Active Sky for v3 but apparently not the right one to get me the upgrade that works with v4. So before I splash out what seems to be far more cash than I paid for the last version of AS, what other options are there?

YoYo
August 19th, 2017, 11:24
Im user of AS2016, is free update to P3Dv4. The program is amazing and I recomend it.

gman5250
August 19th, 2017, 11:28
+1...what YoYo said.

evvatc
August 19th, 2017, 11:56
+2 to what YoYo said.

sidler
August 19th, 2017, 12:04
I have been using FSrealWXPro.....freeware, for V4, for a few years and it's excellent!

Dick

patful
August 19th, 2017, 14:07
ASP4 and ASCA all the way for me. The upgrade from any previous version of Active Sky is $34, I think. I got both the ASP4 upgrade and ASCA dirt-cheap in a sale right when P3D4 came out. Well worth it at any price as far as I'm concerned.

Penzoil3
August 19th, 2017, 15:31
I have been using FSrealWXPro.....freeware, for V4, for a few years and it's excellent!

Dick

So you were using this for P3D 4, before P3D 4 was released...
LOL

Daube
August 20th, 2017, 02:13
So you were using this for P3D 4, before P3D 4 was released...
LOL

That program exists since a few years indeed, it was not created for v4. What's wrong ?

falcon409
August 20th, 2017, 04:06
That program exists since a few years indeed, it was not created for v4. What's wrong ?
It's just Penzoil3 sarcasm Daube. She took Sidlers statement to mean he had been using FSRealWx Pro in P3D_V4 for several years. . .rather than what he actually meant which was he had been using FSRW Pro for several years and was now using it in V4.

Daube
August 20th, 2017, 04:32
Ah ok, I see. Sorry for that.

sidler
August 20th, 2017, 04:45
Thank you guy's...I have had it since FSX, Prepar V1, V2 , V3 and V4. It's an excellent app. for freeware!

Dick

falcon409
August 20th, 2017, 04:55
Thank you guy's...I have had it since FSX, Prepar V1, V2 , V3 and V4. It's an excellent app. for freeware!
Dick
I also use it, but I finally purchased the payware version and it does an excellent job.

sidler
August 20th, 2017, 05:21
Hi Ed

I may go ahead and get the payware version...............

gavinc
August 20th, 2017, 08:27
I have been using FSXWX for quite a while in FSX and it works just as well in P3D v4
http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/home.htm

Gavin

roger-wilco-66
August 20th, 2017, 08:55
FS Global Real Weather. But not for V4, they are in the process of revamping the system and bring out a new version. It was very pleasant to use, so I'm sweating it out and wait. Using the freware mentioned above in the meanwhile.

Cheers,
Mark

Montie
August 20th, 2017, 13:20
I have been using FSXWX for quite a while in FSX and it works just as well in P3D v4
http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/home.htm

Gavin

How did you get it to work? I used it with P3D v3, but in P3D V4 it only gives me clear skies.

banjoman1960
August 20th, 2017, 13:41
How did you get it to work? I used it with P3D v3, but in P3D V4 it only gives me clear skies.

you need fsuipc :ernaehrung004:

spatialpro
August 21st, 2017, 01:38
Phil, I can heartily recommend OpusFSI to you. It provides weather injection and a whole lot more besides. For UK flying it'll inject the weather for free, so you can try-before-you-buy! It works a treat in v4 and is always updated very rapidly in my experience. TBH I'm surprised it isn't more widely known...

Andy

Daube
August 21st, 2017, 03:27
OpusFSI was well-known, until it switched from freeware to payware. Then its popularity decreased.

If I have to buy a payware weather engine, then I'll compare the features of all the payware ones. And so far, I don't think there any weather system matching the features of Active Sky.
I think that very recently another weather engine has finally implemented the historical weather, which is the single most important feature for me, but I don't remember which weather engine it was. In any case, for payware Active Sky is the "all in one" package of choice, I don't see any reason to switch to another product right now.

docjohnson
August 21st, 2017, 10:08
I use FSXWx currently, I had REX essentials, but quit using it as the weather transitions were too disruptive. I had looked at Active Sky, but wanted to wait to see what Skyforce 3D is going to turn out like before I decide. The new REX TD & SC update that was just released supposedly has hooks for Skyforce and "Environment force" whatever that is.

SkippyBing
August 21st, 2017, 12:17
Thanks for the recommendations, for the time being I've gone with FSRealWx which has worked quite well for a few short hops around the Persian Gulf and the Malay Peninsula. Oh and is cheap which is important when you have a flat roof that needs replacing...