PDA

View Full Version : WarbirdSim "Little Friends II" problem

falcon409
July 31st, 2017, 07:11
I am posting this in the FSX Forum in an attempt to get John Terrell to answer.

I sent this to "Support" but apparently Support isn't support for this problem as the guy who answered my e-mail told me to contact John in the SOH Forums. So John, if you would read this and have an answer at least I would appreciate it.

I decided to try Running my P-51 from the "Little Friends II" package in P3D_V4 (Win10). The problem I've run into is that despite the battery and generator switches being on, I have no power for avionics. No ATC, no radio function at all. The switches animate, the labels show that they are on, checked the "failures" to see if they had been somehow activated for this airplane. . .everything looks normal. . .just no Avionics power (nothing else is affected).

Anyone run into this?

Daube
July 31st, 2017, 07:29
Sometimes, in such cases, the only way to solve the problem is to set the "avionics" switch to ON in the default flight.... or to press CTRL+E once you're done starting the airplane.
Also, isn't it on the Mustang that the generator only works above 1.500 RPM ? Or am I confusing with another plane ?

falcon409
July 31st, 2017, 07:46
Sometimes, in such cases, the only way to solve the problem is to set the "avionics" switch to ON in the default flight.... or to press CTRL+E once you're done starting the airplane.
Also, isn't it on the Mustang that the generator only works above 1.500 RPM ? Or am I confusing with another plane ?
Here's what I've tried already:
1) Started with a default single engine airplane and set all switches to on and cranked the engine and ensured all avionics were on and working. Switched to the Mustang and all systems (except the radios) were working.
2) added a Pop-Up panel to include an AP, Com1 and Nav1 radio, (there are no visible radios in the Friends II cockpit), included an AP switch and an Avionics switch. Loaded the Mustang, loaded the Pop-Up and attempted to turn on the radios. . .the Avionics switch wouldn't even animate, so again, no radios.
3) went to the [Electrical] and [Radios] sections in the cfg file. I couldn't find anything amiss there, the radios "should" be working, but they do not.

I should also add that I have one other P-51 from WarbirdSim and it displays the same "problem". This only relates to the Mustangs, no other airplane I have in V4 displays this behavior.

Daube
July 31st, 2017, 08:54
If I remember correctly, in P3Dv3 the ATC window actually tells you what is missing.
The window title (or somewhere else in the window...) might say something like "no avionics" or "no electrics".
"No electrics" occurs when the avionic switch is ON, but the generator or battery is not, I think....
Anyways, does your ATC window tells anything about this ?

falcon409
July 31st, 2017, 09:08
If I remember correctly, in P3Dv3 the ATC window actually tells you what is missing.
The window title (or somewhere else in the window...) might say something like "no avionics" or "no electrics".
"No electrics" occurs when the avionic switch is ON, but the generator or battery is not, I think....
Anyways, does your ATC window tells anything about this ?
Yes, it says "ATC Disabled, No Electric"

This despite the fact that both the Generator and Battery switches are active and all exterior and interior lights function. . ."Just not the Radios"

Bomber_12th
July 31st, 2017, 11:52
A PM has been sent.