PDA

View Full Version : Curious about Nemeth Mi-17

ian elliot
July 18th, 2017, 11:52
Ive always like'd the Mil8-17 series of helo's, the old ZH FS9 model sort-of works but is not really satisfactory , but i keep seeing repaints for a Nemeth version at the main download site's, Avsim, Flightsim ect ect, some of the repaints are apparently for FSX, but i suspect this too is an FS9 model, but there is no sign at any payware vendor's, whats the story and is it worth buying if i should stumble upon it, or wait for a dedicated Mil-8-17, if there is one in development ?

cheers ian

hae5904
July 18th, 2017, 11:59
There was a poll at Cera Sim.....the Mi-17 won for further development.
Nemeth itself no longer exist.

Hank

jeansy
July 19th, 2017, 05:53
nemeth still have it for sale even after they shut shop, I would strongly avoid buying it, it doesnt work correctly in fsx as ive tried it and they stop providing support on their forms since in Jan 2015 when that was thier last post from any developer or spokesperson

there are 2 MI8/17 in product like hank said Cera is doing one and MP Studios are reported to be doing one as well,

from my experiences with cera, very difficult to fault my only grip is some minor texture warping in where some mapping meets thats it and its sometimes so small, only painters get frustrated and notice these things

as for the MP Stuido models they claim to be all this an more, i have 2 of the 3 they have released, and im not impressed with them, the helisimmer group rated them too high in their reviews, I dont know why or how, but it is what it is, they are fs9 quality texture wise as im more than confident they dont understand the every day modern fsx and p3d tech features like bump, spec and texture sharing, and the rotor animations are very dated considering its 2017 not 2006 and many people cant replicate the so called advanced features the package contains

but there are a few successful freeware port overs from fs9, again they are low and dated quality but do work

I personally would wait for cera