PDA

View Full Version : newbie basic questions to get started

dog1
July 14th, 2017, 18:57
Hello,
i'm a veteran CFS2 player . I would like to start with FSX and need your advice on how to proceed, does this sim work only with windows XP service 3 ? i tried windows 7 prof 64 bit but it freezes . i am a skiner "IL2 " and scenery maker"CFS2" as well . First which is the game i must install as a base and where do i go for the add ons .Second , where do i find the templates for skining as well as bare metal tutorials related to FSX . finally is there a dedicated FSX skiners section or websites you recommend .
regards

b52bob
July 15th, 2017, 05:57
Welcome, you will get a myriad of answers here. I'll leave it up to our experts to provide that. But welcome again to the wide. World of FSX/P3D.

Btw, check out the file section here.

stovall
July 15th, 2017, 06:12
Dog1, FSX works fine with all versions of Windows. I have been with FSX from the beginning and am currently using it in Windows 10. As for templates and skinning, each aircraft has it's own templates if a paint kit is supplied. If not you must make your own. There are no templates for scenery. If you want to make photo real scenery SBuilderX is a great tool for doing that. With that said a good place to start for many of the tools most of us use to develop scenery and aircraft painting can be found at FSdeveloper.com HERE. (http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/)

The world of FSX is complex and it takes time to learn all the ins and outs. Have fun and welcome.

Hdguy
July 15th, 2017, 06:22
If FSX is freezing on Win 7, or any other version of Windows I would say you have a bad FSX install or drivers for some hardware, more than likely Graphics.

I run boxed FSX, along with Acceleration and SP's 1 and 2...

dog1
July 15th, 2017, 06:24
hello
i installed the sim for the first time and it freezes on opening the menu page. i am using windows 7 prof 64 bit , i have windows 10 on same pc and will try there. my gamer pc is a I7 3.4 gig nvidia 1030 16 gig rams . the graphic driver is the latest .

blanston12
July 15th, 2017, 06:53
I got a new machine recently running windows 10 and while I mostly run P3D (I highly recommend that), for FSX I installed the steam edition. It's basically FSX acceleration but they did recompile it to run on more modern hardware.