PDA

View Full Version : AI Flight Planning for Specific Airport

Devildog73
June 15th, 2017, 11:25
Hi all,

I have been trying to use AI Flight Planner to create flight plans for Delta Connection, Elite Airways, and American Express for Melbourne, FL and having no success in having AI aircraft land, go to gates, sit at gates or take off.

When I try to import aircraft it imports ALL aircraft.
When I try to import airports it imports ALL airports.

Help!

Lee
DD73

DaveB
June 15th, 2017, 12:13
Deary do Lee. There's so much that's less obvious, it's comparatively easy for things not to work. I have little success with AIFP but I know there are many that love it and create FP's with it all the time.

Quick things to check.

Do your airports have the necessary gates to cater for your aircraft?

Are the gates of the correct size for the aircraft you're trying to park there?

Are the traffic files density settings higher than your sim settings? (eg.. traffic shows at 90% and your sim is set to 80%)

Are NONE of the aircraft showing at all or are they showing but disappear come takeoff time? This would point to either a faulty AFCAD at the airport they're supposed to take off from (broken taxi links) or even no parking or incorrect/unavailable parking for them at their destination.

EDIT: Forgot this one.. FP times are GMT so make sure you're in the right place at the right time to see the movements.

The list goes on!

Try and make a traffic file for a single aircraft from your list and see if this works. I freely admit that I still make traffic files the old fashioned way using TTools then convert them to FSX using AIFP. It's more long winded.. sure but it works for me:encouragement:
ATB
DaveB:)

aspen31
June 15th, 2017, 12:50
HI
I might add that there is a program called Airport AI Enhancer that works for FSX (as far as I know) and Prepar3D up V3.4 at least. When setup it allows one to pick the aircraft for use as well as airports. There are other variables available which i don't use. I was able to import WOAI aircraft and use them - some paints might be dated but it didn't effect what I wanted to do.
Hope this helps a bit.
Warren

Devildog73
June 15th, 2017, 12:53
Deary do Lee. There's so much that's less obvious, it's comparatively easy for things not to work. I have little success with AIFP but I know there are many that love it and create FP's with it all the time.

Quick things to check.

Do your airports have the necessary gates to cater for your aircraft?

Are the gates of the correct size for the aircraft you're trying to park there?

Are the traffic files density settings higher than your sim settings? (eg.. traffic shows at 90% and your sim is set to 80%)

Are NONE of the aircraft showing at all or are they showing but disappear come takeoff time? This would point to either a faulty AFCAD at the airport they're supposed to take off from (broken taxi links) or even no parking or incorrect/unavailable parking for them at their destination.

EDIT: Forgot this one.. FP times are GMT so make sure you're in the right place at the right time to see the movements.

The list goes on!

Try and make a traffic file for a single aircraft from your list and see if this works. I freely admit that I still make traffic files the old fashioned way using TTools then convert them to FSX using AIFP. It's more long winded.. sure but it works for me:encouragement:
ATB
DaveB:)

DaveB,
Thanks. I think I will use my FS2004 and TTools and then see if I can manage to convert them.

I went into the AFCAD files and named the gates according to the airlines.
I live a quarter mile north of the actual airport and know what aircraft should be at each gate.
The gates in the AFCAD I am using are mid-size which should handle the Elite and Delta Connection aircraft.

Elite only flies on Sunday and Thursday so their gates (2 of them) have aircraft parked there most of the time.
Elite's maintenance shop is also here, as is an Embraer factory and Florida Institute of Technology's flight school and SD corporation's flight operations center.

Delta Connection has regular service daily, multiple times, to ATL.
I have recently seen the new paint scheme for American showing up, so will have to check into their schedules.

I don't know how to add FIT's flight school, Embraer's and SD's static aircraft, but will certainly try to work with Delta Connection and Elite.

Thanks again,
Lee

Devildog73
June 15th, 2017, 12:56
HI
I might add that there is a program called Airport AI Enhancer that works for FSX (as far as I know) and Prepar3D up V3.4 at least. When setup it allows one to pick the aircraft for use as well as airports. There are other variables available which i don't use. I was able to import WOAI aircraft and use them - some paints might be dated but it didn't effect what I wanted to do.
Hope this helps a bit.
Warren

Warren,

Thanks. I will see if I can find the Prepar3D to see if that would help with individual aircraft and airport.

Lee

PHo17
June 15th, 2017, 22:14
There is a pdf manual for AIFP (newest version of AIFP is 3). I suggest that you read it. There is everything in it. Look for the manual at the same site as the AIFP program.

expat
June 16th, 2017, 01:30
I gave up trying to follow that manual to create FP's using AIFP. Not very clear explanations. I still make them manually from others' FP's decompiling them using Lee Swordy's TTools (converting FS9 files to FSX as necessary) and ADEX to do the parking.

Devildog73
June 19th, 2017, 14:32
One more question:

Is it possible to use FS2004 airports in FSX?

KMLB has some excellent renditions in FS9, but none of the files I found online have the passenger gate ramps.
They all are pretty sparse looking gates with no ramps.

I opened Art Poole's and his ADE shows gate ramps, but they don't show up in my FSX for KMLB.

DD73