PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody else encountered this?

ThinkingManNeil
June 15th, 2017, 02:58
Hi all;

I've been away from FSX for awhile with having to get a new PC and dealing with some family health issues, but I've missed getting my digital feet off the ground, so I'm trying to inch my way back into the Sim. I'm wanting to make some changes to an aircraft CFG file using Notepad (as I always used to do), but when I go to save it as a .txt file I get an "Access denied" message. I'm using 64-Bit Windows 7 Professional and I'm noticing it does a lot of things differntly from the 64-Bit Windows 7 Home Premium I used to run on my old machine...

Thanks,

N.

gman5250
June 15th, 2017, 03:03
Windows updates can sometimes change your sharing permissions. Check your sharing options and permissions for the folders and files you want to edit.

Roger
June 15th, 2017, 09:07
Hi all;

I've been away from FSX for awhile with having to get a new PC and dealing with some family health issues, but I've missed getting my digital feet off the ground, so I'm trying to inch my way back into the Sim. I'm wanting to make some changes to an aircraft CFG file using Notepad (as I always used to do), but when I go to save it as a .txt file I get an "Access denied" message. I'm using 64-Bit Windows 7 Professional and I'm noticing it does a lot of things differntly from the 64-Bit Windows 7 Home Premium I used to run on my old machine...

Thanks,

N.

As I am the only user on my pc I have pulled the UAC lever to the bottom (ie off) but as Gordon says even when you have switched UAC off a new update will sometimes put UAC on a higher level of security. Bloomin' annoying when you've edited away and you are told that access is denied.

Devildog73
June 15th, 2017, 11:51
Hi all;

Thanks,

N.

I had to go into my folder options and give myself full control over the path and subfolders and files.
Once I did that I am now able to change my cfg files.

Lee
Windows 10X64