PDA

View Full Version : SSW AERITALIA F-104S MLU (Mid Life Update) VERSION 6.0.0

SSW1
June 7th, 2017, 03:44
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50638&stc=1
WHAT IS NEW
Completely reworked NASAR R21G air-to-air and air-to-ground radar using RedPanda technology
- as in real search, lock, attack and launch guidance for AAMRM missile AIM-7 SPARROW
- realistic AIM-9 SIDEWINDER I/R seeker guidance and launch
Both above weapons need to have vACMI installed which is free.
- realistic ground mapping with on-time computed radar shadows and radar reflectivity based on terrain that you are overflying,
needs terrain map files and radar reflection map files available for Italy, Germany and England, other regions available upon request.
- several minor bug fixed
RELEASE NOTES:
Since this is a new major version it is not available for free to previous customers,
however who wants upgrade to this version will receive a 20 € coupon, please open a ticket on the help desk with a proof of purchase.

SSW

flaviossa
June 7th, 2017, 04:43
I understand that "Prepar 3D 3.x and later" does not include p3dv4, correct?
I will wait for the P3Dv4 and the FSX-SE version (Witch is what i have installed now) :encouragement:

scotth6
June 7th, 2017, 19:43
Great news. This update sounds very interesting.

Cheers,

SSW1
June 8th, 2017, 01:23
I understand that "Prepar 3D 3.x and later" does not include p3dv4, correct?
I will wait for the P3Dv4 and the FSX-SE version (Witch is what i have installed now) :encouragement:

Yes it is,
not yet compiled for V4, still on testing phase, V4 seems promising and they did not break a lot backward compatibility, which did not happen on DT FSW, backward compatibility is so compromised ( i.e. panels) that we don't believe to compile for x64 without rewrite it from the scratch, moreover DT did not has been clear yet about third-party developer, open SDK, etc.. so we will follow LM path for now.
cheers
/SSW

ColoKent
June 8th, 2017, 02:02
...visible on F-104G I bought yesterday, and is in v3.4.18. Going to look at it and try and figure out what is wrong. Airplane is just black all over. Have not seen this before. Probably will go get the updated F-104S when I get the texture deal figured out.

***EDIT*** Actually....I'm not even finding the textures in the installed folder (other than the texture fallback and a .jpg for each variant). This is strange...

Kent

worknow
June 8th, 2017, 02:13
...visible on F-104G I bought yesterday, and is in v3.4.18. Going to look at it and try and figure out what is wrong. Airplane is just black all over. Have not seen this before. Probably will go get the updated F-104S when I get the texture deal figured out.

Kent

I remember that I had that problem too (a few years ago)! It´s their weird file structure. I remember that I found the solution in their forums.
Did you try to install a new paint or a new aircraft (fresh install)?
Cheers, Marc

SSW1
June 8th, 2017, 02:13
Hi Kent,
simply you did not download textures that are separatly distributed for practical reasons since are contained into an huge file.
Quoted from products details in SSW store:

NOTAM TO THE USERS:

The purchased and downloaded FRF-104G core files are only a part of the software we provide to you.
To complete the "ZIPPER" please download and install from HERE (https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rkfcuyeeumvaee/SSW-FRF-104G-Installer-Textures-P3DV3-3.0.1.exe?dl=0) textures and liveries.

We split the installation in two files for your convenience and to speed up downloading process avoiding to clog the server since textures are contained int an huge file.

BTW:
please next time open a ticket on SSW Help Desk, we cannot assure to read this forum each day, help desk is the best and fastest way to get support.
cheers
/SSW

ColoKent
June 8th, 2017, 02:15
A-ha! Thanks. TOTALLY missed that. I even looked on the SSW forum and didn't see anything. I will go and try and find the textures online.

Kent

SSW1
June 8th, 2017, 02:17
A-ha! Thanks. TOTALLY missed that. I even looked on the SSW forum and didn't see anything. I will go and try and find the textures online.

Kent

can get the link directly above.
regards
/SSW

worknow
June 8th, 2017, 02:24
You see, Kent!
They are fast and help the best they can!

ColoKent
June 8th, 2017, 02:33
That's for sure....I think I am just waiting on my activation code now, and that should be here within 48 hours according to their website. Took the airplane around the pattern...nice.

Kent

PhantomP
June 8th, 2017, 04:40
Hi SSW,do you plan on updating the F-104G MLU for FSX Acceleration?Thanks

SSW1
June 8th, 2017, 06:23
Hi SSW,do you plan on updating the F-104G MLU for FSX Acceleration?Thanks

Yes,
as per F104S will do for both FSX and P3D, but no date right now.
/SSW

SSW1
June 8th, 2017, 06:28
That's for sure....I think I am just waiting on my activation code now, and that should be here within 48 hours according to their website. Took the airplane around the pattern...nice.

Kent

Hi Kent,
we did not receive the key request yet, it should been have done by the installer. Any problems during installation ?
Or may want try manual registration:

MISSED OR FAILED REGISTRATION

In this case is still possible register the model manually

Run the simulator and load at least once our model
Watch at the main FSX/P3D folder looking for a file which file name begins with sswks. and ends with .ssw (for those with file extension enabled), file name should be something like this:

sswks.<your pc name>.<model name>.ssw
Registration files are generated each time you load the airplane

Send us that file at: info@simskunkworks.com together with PayPal transaction ID and order number
If the file cannot be found contact us using "Help desk" menů.

regards
/SSW

SSW1
June 8th, 2017, 06:36
Again we recommend our customers to use the SSW help desk, the fastest way to get support.
/SSW

PhantomP
June 8th, 2017, 08:32
Thanks,looking foward to it.